Upgradable Weapons

rowe

Eternally Begrudged
Veteran
Gil
Which of the upgradable weapons have you fully upgraded? (i.e. Engine Blade being fully upgraded to Ultima Blade)

As for me, I've maxed out the Engine Blade upgrades, as well as some of the machinery (by accident, since I already had the material). I haven't focused on upgrades too much after the Engine Blade ones, though.

Last edited:
I've tried, but I can't get Cid to finish upgrades. He's upgraded the Gravity Well (which is amazing as the Gravity Well Plus if you give it to Prompto), Engine Blade, and the Drain Lance. But I gave him the Force Stealer and the required material in like Chapter 8, and he has since decided to sit on it for 25 hours of game, all of the rest of the story, like 25 hunts, 30 other sidequests, four or so nights of rest (not including all of the ones I did in Chapter 13) and four dungeons. I can't get him to finish it.

I also can't get the chocobo guy to
hatch the black chocobo egg

I don't even know where the Gravity Well is. :lew: The Drain Lance (I remember), Auto Crossbow, and Circular Saw are fully upgraded, too. I've kind of been used to having the latter equipped on Prompto. Also, know clue on where the Force Stealer is. :hmm:

Cid just refuses to upgrade my blade. I think it is stuck because I've done 10 hunts and quests or even more and all he keeps saying is y'all brace yourself for power! :shame:

you have to rest somewhere and he will call you and tell you its done

i know it took a long time for wiz to hatch the chocobo but i think its based on how mch time you have spent in the days. I think it took Wiz like a week to hatch the chocobo. Finished a few vault dungeons and he called me up.

But I've upgraded the Drain Lance, Engine Blade, Circular Saw, Bioblaster and Crossbow. Never picked up the Gravity Well or Force Stealer.

Last edited:
Cid just refuses to upgrade my blade. I think it is stuck because I've done 10 hunts and quests or even more and all he keeps saying is y'all brace yourself for power! :shame:

That's what's happening to me too. I've spent so much time in both real time and in game days, and he just won't finish. Either this is a super powerful weapon, or he's broken, lol.

@L @rowe The Force Stealer was already a pretty powerful greatsword when I got it. So I was excited to see if it trumped some of the others when upgraded. You get it by giving carrots to that guy in Cape Caem. I found the Gravity well during... I believe it was the first mission where you infiltrate an imperial base. It might have been the second. But you should be able to find it in one of those two areas, in one of the little office buildings.

Never got the Bioblaster, or I think the Crossbow.

im looking at a video and a guy picks it up (bioblaster) on a mound by the entrance to keytriarch ruins.

i unfortunately didnt pay attention to a lot in this game lol

edit: another video shows the auto crossbow is located in keytriarch ruins as well

I was mistaken, and did indeed get the Auto Crossbow. So I suppose I should try and find the Bioblaster... sounds scary, lol.

eh it just puts poison on stuff

its ok

Hmm, is it a wide radius AoE or anything? If not, Venom Fang for Ignis (or using the Assassin's Daggers) does that well enough. While not as effective as in the XIII trilogy, Poison is certainly a definite boon in XV against high HP enemies, since it's a percentage based, constant health drain.

Hmm, is it a wide radius AoE or anything? If not, Venom Fang for Ignis (or using the Assassin's Daggers) does that well enough.
Venom Drain is just awesome, and "upgrading" it just adds to it. Definitely helped me in a pinch with some tough enemies in the post-game dungeons.

As far as the Bioblaster, I'd consider it AoE-ish with its Poison Mist, yeah. Personally, it's best used for Prompto, so one can fully unlock the machinery's capabilities from his Ascension nodes.

I went for Engine Blade most of the time. Maxed it out to get the Ultima Blade. Didn't knew there were these weapons too that could be maxed out.

Moderator's note: Link Removed

Last edited by a moderator:
Back