Too Many sections

Prince Oberyn Martel

The Red Viper of Dorne
Veteran
Gil
Yes thats right, FAR too many sections on this board. Theres far too many forums, sub forums, sub sub forums...I just dunno where to go for half of it. ALOT of them arn't even needed and can easily be put together with others. Cutting down the number of sections would make this place alot easier to navigate and more members will join for sure if there was less to 'intimidate' them on their first visit.

Im sure im not the only person who sees this but the amount really is getting silly tbh.

I know theres alot of forums, much more than any other forum ive ever seen but Darkblade said he wont change it.

That's right. There was a similar thread about this a long time ago, but it must have been archived and I can't find it.

If I recall correctly, the reason that the forums will not be getting any smaller is because it tends to keep the forums neater, less disputes occur as to where threads should go (as destinations can be more specific) and instead of endless clicking into sub-forums, you can easily find what you are looking for.

What's the problem with having a lot of forums? I like it that way and is easier to find the posts that you are searching for, if you don't want to look on every forum, you can click on "New Posts" and that will make your search a lot more simple.

Is is rather big, but that doesn't make it hard to navigate around. Although, I do find this pointless.

The compliations section. There are two forums for Final Fantasy I and II. Because you get Final Fantasy I and II, then Final Fantasy: Dawn Of Souls. They're exactly the same thing..

What's the problem with having a lot of forums? I like it that way and is easier to find the posts that you are searching for, if you don't want to look on every forum, you can click on "New Posts" and that will make your search a lot more simple.
Pressing 'New Posts' and all is good, I do it alot of the time but what if I want to post a new thread. I have to make sure its in the specific forum for that topic, which wouldnt be too bad if there wasn't so may to look for and easy to overlook. It would also be less work for mods because it would lower the chances of someone putting a thread in a related forum that it could be in yet overlooked the specific forum which its 'supposed' to go in and so the thread would have to be moved just for that silly reason. Do you see where I'm coming from here?
ALOT of forums can be merged because they are pretty much the same thing, there is no point having say a forum for Sport and then a sub-forum for each and every sport you can think of...you may aswell just have one just dedicated to sport in genral.

A forum that looks big and seems more neat does not mean that it will be better. I'm a regular on FFO and they have only a handfull of diffrent forums not related to FF and I find it much more relaxed and easier to post there than this place, yet I would love to give this place a go because of the diffrent views etc.

It dosent really matter, just post it where u think it's right, mods or admins will correct if u if ur wrong.

Moonchild, we tend to have the opposite view, yet similar.

If there are more specific sections, then there is a clear chance to get your thread in the right place. It cuts down on random topics flying all over the place and keeps things neat.

I agree with Riku on this. Though the many sections can be at first confusing, overall they keep the forum tidy and well ordered.

True there have been a few extra un-needed sections in the past but they are dealt with quickly.

Back