Throwing It Back to 2008

Contra Fates

Jill of All Trades
Veteran
Gil
Hello All,

It has been ages since I was last here (2008 to be exact!), and due to my active involvement with FFXIV (and preparing to move to Dynamis), I felt like it was time (albeit very overdue) to make a return!

Fun facts: I was a Mod here back in the day, and met my husband on this forum in 2008. We've been married for almost 9 years now, and we play FFXIV together. I am now a commercial photographer and a teacher of photography and post-production (living up to my love for my favorite character, Quistis Trepe). I used to share my cosplay images and photography on here so I'm grateful to have made a career out of it.

That out of the way, nice to meet you all! I look forward to experiencing this forum all over again!

Hello Contra! You're from an era before I joined, but it's always nice to see old faces who can reminisce about this place. Your prior threads on Cosplay & Photography have really beautiful pieces, I can only imagine your skill-set now after all these years!

Welcome back officially, and feel free to look around and breathe some life into this place, or at the very least blow the dust off - We could really use the fresh air! Being a prior mod it probably goes without saying, but as always feel free to reach out if you need any help & I'm sure one of us can help out in any way we can!

Wow. I do remember you. I believe you were a mod at around the time I joined this site. You may not know me but I used to be known as Argor251 back then before settling on the username I now use. Since you left I then joined staff and now I am an admin.

I remember your cosplays and photos and did wonder from time to time what became of you, as I have wondered about so many who used to frequent this place but moved on. I'm glad you made a great career out of the photography. That's brilliant to learn!

Welcome back, Contra! :argor:

Hello Contra! You're from an era before I joined, but it's always nice to see old faces who can reminisce about this place. Your prior threads on Cosplay & Photography have really beautiful pieces, I can only imagine your skill-set now after all these years!

Welcome back officially, and feel free to look around and breathe some life into this place, or at the very least blow the dust off - We could really use the fresh air! Being a prior mod it probably goes without saying, but as always feel free to reach out if you need any help & I'm sure one of us can help out in any way we can!
Thank you so much! I'll definitely take a look around and see where I can contribute now! I used to so active on many forums, so it's kind of wild to me that I just took a long break from them.
Wow. I do remember you. I believe you were a mod at around the time I joined this site. You may not know me but I used to be known as Argor251 back then before settling on the username I now use. Since you left I then joined staff and now I am an admin.

I remember your cosplays and photos and did wonder from time to time what became of you, as I have wondered about so many who used to frequent this place but moved on. I'm glad you made a great career out of the photography. That's brilliant to learn!

Welcome back, Contra! :argor:
Thank you so much, and I'm so glad to see someone else from back then! I want to say the admin at the time when I was a mod was Gossamer, if my memory holds (it's spotty at best!), but congrats on being an admin now!

Thank you also for the kind words. I primarily now have clients in the beauty and fashion industries, but you're welcome to see my current work at my site: https://www.kendrapaige.com/

Back