The search for rare Final Fantasy VII data

Shademp

Gil
Hiya!

I'm the creator and manager of the Dirge of Cerberus Multiplayer Archives, as well as the head of The FFVII Mobile Game Initiative (2004-2008 Era) dedicated to collecting everything related to these often ignored aspects of the Compilation of FFVII.

I am now highlighting these preservation efforts on this forum in hopes of finding people who might contribute. Examples of what I'm looking for below.

Game files or cell phones with these files:
  • FFVII Snowboarding mobile port
  • Dirge of Cerberus: Lost Episode
  • Before Crisis

Videos:
One person who may own a phone with a part of the English version of DoC: Lost Episode and possibly some DoC Multiplayer media was once known online as "Shinra Employee #080729". Any help in finding this person is appreciated. I am apprehensive about posting details about Shinra Employee #080729 on this thread, so contact me via PM if you're interested in helping to find this person who may hold lost FF7 media.

Other media of interest would be things like screenshots that are no longer available online, player blogs, etc.

Recently a set of videos from the online mode were unearthed thanks to Cloud_S. Enjoy them over here!

I found an archived sign of another lost Dirge Multiplayer recording. It was uploaded by "Kadaaju", also known as Zexion/Fairuzo/Xaldin.

Among the list of recommended videos, in this archived YouTube link, will you find the reference + thumbnail.

"Dirge of Cerberus Online Quest Mission
05:26
"

Qk73Qfv.jpg

The video appears mislabeled, as rather than a "quest mission" it looks like a Team Battle. But because the video itself wasn't archived we can't confirm the contents.

Xaldin's last confirmed online appearance was in 2015, at the Kingdom Hearts Insider forum. Although I believe I may have found their current YouTube channel, I am yet to receive a reply from there after a week of waiting.

If anybody can help me get in touch with Zexion/Fairuzo/Kadaaju/Xaldin (who may also possess the lost beta video mentioned in my previous post) that would be greatly appreciated. Or perhaps somebody here already has said videos?

Last edited:
Reactions: Six
Sorry it has been a long while.

Just letting you know, I did search our databases to try and locate these people (Shinra Employee and Kadaaju/Xaldin) but I found nothing. There have been people who have used variations of Xaldin as a username here on FFF, but none of them have been on here in about 10 years and I'd say it is likely they have nothing to do with your Xaldin / Kadaaju.

It is possible that they have accounts here using other names (and I've searched using the alt names provided above too - there have been a few variations of 'Zexion' on FFF, but none of the others). But not knowing anything else about them, I don't know how to look for them or how to verify that they are the same person.

Thanks for coming to us for help. I'll see what else I can find.

Let us know how you get on with this! You might have found who you were looking for by now.

Thank you so much Dionysos for looking into the matter!

Unfortunately both Shinra Employee #080729 and Zexion remain beyond my reach.

Often it is difficult enough just to get a response from people. Since finding that CetraConnection uploaded the two Dirge beta videos to their server (with one video being broken) I tried to join their forum and contact the mods, but both attempts have failed. My hope is that somebody on the team might still have the beta video in its complete 3m50s form rather than the broken, 9-second version. Maybe somebody here on FFF has connections with CetraConnection.net and/or speaks German?

My search for lost FFVII media sometimes bleed into the search for other titles. The entire NA Square Enix cell phone game library from the mid-2000s is currently lost:
  • Brave Shot
  • Brave Shot 2
  • Destiny's Child Groove
  • Dirge of Cerberus: Lost Episode
  • Final Fantasy VII Snowboarding
  • HEXCITE Fusion
  • Megatouch Mobile Arcade
  • Megatouch Mobile Arcade II
  • Musashi: Mobile Samurai
These games were never pirated, amazingly enough. Some of these mobiles games may also have employed the V CAST format of being downloaded in chunks, meaning that even if we recover game files from a phone it will only contain a portion of the game. This download model was confirmed for Kingdom Hearts "V CAST" when it was extracted from a phone two years ago. Only Part 1, out of a total of four parts, have been recovered from this elusive title. Kingdom Hearts V CAST wasn't developed by Square, hence why I don't list it in the NA Square Enix mobile game library.

Other lost mobile games from the pre-smartphone era are several versions and chapters of Castlevania, Dragon's Lair and Dracula. While thousands of mobile games were pirated, the ones mentioned in this post have been pretty much confirmed as lost. That's not even taking into consideration that one and the same mobile game was released in multiple resolutions and builds, each adapted to particular phone models. Mobile game preservation is a nightmare!

Back