L

Iller than Radiation
Veteran
Gil
FFXIV
Ellen Stone
FFXIV Server
Adamantoise
Would have to be that it doesn't have a fucking map and airship. You'd think that with 2 more megabytes of space, Square could at least fit a map and a damn airship into Crisis Core, but no notrly. It pisses me off because I love Crisis Core so much, but just not being able to explore the world of FFVII bothers the fuck out of me. >=(

I really wish that SE would stop focusing so much on graphics, and putting more focus into what makes a game fun. As much as I liked Crisis Core, it really feels like the only thing that had any real effort put into it was the relationship between Aerith and Zack, the equipment system, and the OST. :\

The area maps you could bring up by pressing square were completely useless, yes. And I did really miss the airship, it would have been fun as you say. Story-wise it all seemed so linear, and after seeing the same mission locations over and over again I was ready to cut loose in an airship :mad:

What annoys me about SE is how they manage to use up all their diskspace and then use that as an excuse for stuff being missing from their games. Take FFXII- they filled that disk right up, then said that was why there were 12 million hunts but bugger all storyline. CC has storyline in spades, but the adventure was kinda lost, it's backwards of FFXII. What the hell is wrong with spreading out over more than one disc I ask?!?!? -__-

Seen as it was a handheld game, I would also have sacrificed some of the flashy graphics for some airship fun. But meh, nobody really knows what's going on in SE's collective mind *_*

Well, one think I do have to state about the game being linear...

The story was already set, if you've got something before it and something after it, there's gotta be a line between the two... and yeah, the same locations over and over again was disturbing, :P

What would have been the reason for the airship to have been in the game? Zack was SOLDIER and other than personal leave, he only went where ordered. He might have flown on the Highwind or Gelinka on a mission or two, but he never would have had command of the ship. It wasn't like in FFVII where the party basically steals the Highwind and can do whatever they please with it. You can't just add an airship for the sake of having an airship...

What would have been the reason for the airship to have been in the game? Zack was SOLDIER and other than personal leave, he only went where ordered. He might have flown on the Highwind or Gelinka on a mission or two, but he never would have had command of the ship. It wasn't like in FFVII where the party basically steals the Highwind and can do whatever they please with it. You can't just add an airship for the sake of having an airship...

Of course you can. :wacky:

The main point is that I'm tired of playing FF games with no airships. It's gay! D =

I really don't think it would have been too much of a problem to be able to travel to where the Turks' area in the ShinRa building is and hitching a helicopter ride with Tseng or Cissnei. Honestly... if they would have put a few more fun things into Crisis Core, it'd be so much more fun~

I was actually really sad that there wasn't a crazy motorcycle game, come to think of it. :(

The main point is that I'm tired of playing FF games with no airships. It's gay! D =

Yes! It is very gay!...>_>...

I would have loved a world map to travel on! And yes, Zack had missions, but he just seemed to "warp" to those mission, sometimes beginning his missions in strange places (how did he get in that facility w/out a door:gasp:) and things don't work that way. Plus...I miss riding chocobos :sad2:

you people seriesly complain to much i honestly found crisis core to be a fun entertaining game big deal if you didnt have an airship this is how many years before ffvii anyways and im not sure but if i remember correctly i dont think there was any airships at that point in time just helecopters and such. and its a game how many other games warp you to places without knowing how you got there hmm.

I think Crisis Core did a pretty good job for a Final Fantasy game. I love the connection between this and Advent Children. Yeah, you could predict what was going to happen, but the relationships and feelings were all portrayed really well. There were a lot of the same maps, but c'mon - there were three hundred missions. You have to cut them SOME slack, you know?

but just not being able to explore the world of FFVII bothers the fuck out of me. >=(

There's a game on PSX called um...I think it was Final Fantasy VII that let you do this, you should check it out...

All sarcasm aside, FF7:CC is just a different kind of game, more action based, more compressed and less based on exploration and traditional RPG elements than the original FF7. The missions system is perfect evidence of this. It's just a different game all together. I'm just happy you can explore downtown Midgar a bit more than you could in FF7...

I agree. the lack of a free roaming map and airship is disappointing but i like the battle system. Square-Enix, please just remake FFVII the original!!

Well, apparently Square didn't have a big budget for this game for one. And two, they had to cut out a lot of stuff that they wanted to put in it because they had absolutely no space left. If they had more money and space on the umd, then maybe we would have gotten an airship.

I still think they should have had it on there though. It would have been a nice addition to the game, which got very boring after awhile. I don't see how square could have a limited budget on a game that so much was expected from. I hope they go all out in the next game and throw the budget out the window.

you people seriesly complain to much

I'm pretty sure it was mentioned to you elsewhere, but we're the customers. We'll bitch about what we want. It's not like I said Crisis Core was a pile of shit, I just found it to be incredibly lacking in appeal towards myself. :neomon:

i honestly found crisis core to be a fun entertaining game
Well goodie gumdrops for you. I'm not you. :wacky:
big deal if you didnt have an airship this is how many years before ffvii anyways and im not sure but if i remember correctly i dont think there was any airships at that point in time just helecopters and such.

Six, according to Lady Aerith, but I think it was five. Nontheless, the Highwind was present in Crisis Core, as well as the Rocket that Cid was supposed to pilot into space. Technology didn't like, not exist five years before FFVII.

There's a game on PSX called um...I think it was Final Fantasy VII that let you do this, you should check it out...
:ffs:

there were three hundred missions. You have to cut them SOME slack, you know?

Not rly. I think I just stopped caring about three hundred missions after all the shit I had to go through just to get an Adaman bangle or receive the Nibel Accessory shop's address (which have not obtained) so that I can get a Safety Bit, which protects against the death status ailment. It was just utter bullshit.

i mean, ffs, they even cut you so fucking cheap that the ribbon protects against any ailment but death when it originally protected against any status ailment in other games of Final Fantasy.

I wouldn't mind if they started making PSP games that were sprawled out onto multiple discs...like the PS1 gen games that had 4 discs... I really wouldn't mind, as long as the game had all the desirables...

And maybe Square should wait until they do have a good budget before taking on such *important* projects.

I did miss the world map and the airship concept...I think it would have been a huge perk, but...I won't complain about CC though...it kept me entertained, and it's the best spinoff so far. =]

I wouldn't mind if they started making PSP games that were sprawled out onto multiple discs...like the PS1 gen games that had 4 discs... I really wouldn't mind, as long as the game had all the desirables...

And maybe Square should wait until they do have a good budget before taking on such *important* projects.

I did miss the world map and the airship concept...I think it would have been a huge perk, but...I won't complain about CC though...it kept me entertained, and it's the best spinoff so far. =]

EEEEEEXACTLY!!! Multiple discs were never a prob in the past, I don't believe they would have infringed upon the budget that much, and they could always charge more for the game.....:wacky:

Which makes me think, do you think there's a possibility that a "special" edition of the game will come out in say, three or four years which has the bits cut out? And might also explore the multiple disc possibility? I wouldn't put it past SE I suppose.....

Yup, I wouldn't have minded a multi UMD, XD.

"And maybe Square should wait until they do have a good budget before taking on such *important* projects."
Yeah, exactly that, :)

The one thing that irked me the most

I wanted to be able to buy phoenix downs or at least buy something that gives me the raise status so that I don't have to go around finding those phoenix feathers.... >> though there is a lady that gives out a free potion you can drink right there that gives you that status effect. Oh well i guess ill just have to do missions while in the main floor of the shinra building but that wont help me later on in the game when I can no longer do missions there.

It is annoying that phoneix downs are rare to come across, I used three of them on Bahumt Fury which made me die inside because I just know I'm gunna need them for harder missions.......bah there should be mooooore :gasp:

I wasn't all that arsed about not having an airship, but not having a map and having to press square all the time really did my head in. It wouldn't have been hard adding a bloody mini map in the corner >_<

If you want to do missions you should save your pheonix downs and just go talk to that lady in the main floor of Shin Ra. She is close to the front and lets you try a potion that gives you the raise status.

Back