Playstation The Legend of Dragoon

Assassin Baby

I tried bein normal.....I didn't like it
Gil
Just moved in to my new place and unloaded a box I haven't opened in a couple years and I found Legend of Dragoon laying in it. So I started playing it again and I forgot how much I loved and enjoyed this game. Many people either bashed it cause it was a final fantasy rip off or people saying it will boot out final fantasy 7 but in it's own right it was a great and fun game. The addition system was just plain fun to mess with and dragoon forms were lacking some yes but all in all I had as much fun with it as I have the final fantasy series. What is everyone else that has played this games thoughts? If any have played it at all.

I haven't seen you around in quite some time, so what's up to you bro. Also yea Legend of Dragoon had nothing at all close to do with Final Fantasy so I don't see where the rip off came from. It was actually one of the top three RPGs on my PSX chart that I picked. I used to play the ever living crap out of rpgs on the playstation but nothing came close as far as complexity of the moves you had to combo off in the Legend of Dragoon. The story line erked me towards the end, but I would say the gameplay made up for it. Especially the Green Dragoon's moves... god I hit my head against my wall hundreds of times when I missed them.

Oh well, great game!

Been busy moving around and having to wrestle with the cable company for my net and cable services been givin me a headache cause the previous occupants didn't pay their last two months of bills here so I been cussin em out for like two weeks now just got through to them lol.

game was legendary, i stopped at the third disc cause the game wasnt mines a the time, but i started playing it again but back from disc 1, and about the green dragoon
gust of wind dance was pretty tricky to master

Ya that was a tricky addition. But just in general the whole transition from Lavitz to Albert is tricky too. Lavitz slow easy additions, Albert all fast paced lol.

hello, i am new here.
I started playing legend of dragoon when i was 11 years of age, and beat my brother to the third disc and found more sidequests and the stardust locations before he had a chance.

with the additions, Rose's additions were quite easy for me to master (Other than Dart's addition and some of the other characters' additions).

Last edited by a moderator:
that game..is an epic :awesome:
Yes the additions were kick-ass =D
I always seemed to have trouble with Albert's gust of wind dance o_O sort of tricky.
Shana was my least fave character D:
She was rather annoying to me and and her addition AWFUL >_< she should have a different weapon so she wouldn't be so boring! x.x
It was sad when Rose
dies
But, guess it was time for her.

Overall I LOVED THE GAME still do =D.
I might go back and replay it.. :D soon.

I absolutely love this game. I remember when I first got it. I had just gotten back from my cousin's house and had played VIII at her house. So I asked my dad if he could get it for me. He was going to town and when he got back he had Legend of Dragoon in hand instead of FFVIII. They were out of FFVIII and Legend of Dragoon had just come out so they had them! Anyway when I first played it,I got lost around on the second disc and couldn't figure out what to do. So I quit playing it. I picked it back up about a year later and was hooked on it! The characters are very interesting. Each having a nice backstory. The way you fight in the game with the timed hits and the dragoon forms was all new to me. It took me awhile to get used to it. I also really love the towns. They have alot of detail. I like how Dart has random comments for things when you inspect them(even though other games do the same too). I just always remember inspecting the flame in a certain area and Dart responding with "It puts me in the mood to do it."

Overall,I think the game was very nicely done. It has alot of twists in it! Although I did not like having to switch discs to go back to certain towns. I also find it extremely hard to gather money in that game. But still,it's a wonderful game, and I would recommend everyone to atleast give it a try.

I replayed it recently and realized just how much I really do enjoy this game. Im so glad my dad couldn't find FFVIII that day and came back with this great game!

This game is one of my all-time favorites. I have beaten the game countless times with lots of different character combinations. It is definitely one of those types where you can not play for a while and still pick it up and start playing.

This was one of the first Playstation games i ever played so naturally i love it. I might restart it.... again. I've only actually beat it once, since Melbu Frahma IS AN ASSFUCK! But I missed a lot of weapons and armor, didn't master all the additions either, like Albert's Gust of Wind Dance (damn you), Shana&Miranda= epic gay, no additions just a bow and healing abilities, thats what potions are for!

Gust of Wind Dance is actually not that hard once you get the timing down.

But that is the hard part, the timing. If Lavitz didn't die and Albert did, it would have been easier cause Albert's moves are to swift, Lavitz' were much slower and you could time everything better.

The best part of this game was probably the dragoon forms. They are sick and massively powerful. I also loved the beginning of it. You fight your own master. I owned him like kingdom hearts 2. I havent played it in a while. I think my brother, silver spirit,who is on the forum, has it. I have to ask him.

i've only ever played the demo of legend of dragoon I really wanted to play the full game but i could not find it anywhere is it Rare to get hold off?

It can be a little tricky to find. Your best bet is in the used section of your gaming store of choice. Or eBay. And it'll probably be the gretaest hits version.

Thanks CassinoChips I'll have a search on ebay later it's one of the 2 games am Looking to buy at the moment the other game is grandia the first one

albert is so much cooler than lavitz. albert made this game great, one of the best character ever. when do you ever get to use a king that wears a cape and uses a spear.
beside that, this is one heck of a game. one of my favortie game of all time. hope they make a sequel or another one in the series but that looks doubtful

It was good fun, a friend lent it to me. I would have finished it but the disc crapped out and won't work...not to mention that I can't remember to go anyway to see.

Lol LOD is about as hard to find as FFVII. So basically you have to be willing to pay a considerable sum or get really lucky. lol, only part of this game i didn't like was the gravity fields and the fact that dart had his dragoon spirit stolen, TWICE!!!

I thought it was a great game. The voice acting was pretty bad at times in the FMV's though. xD

It really was a fun game though, I always enjoyed the plot twists that threw you off at the last second. I'd give it an 8 or 9 out of ten. :)

Back