Build-A-Member
Accessory (Head)
FFXIV
Polyphemos Bromios
FFXIV Server
Moogle
Free Company
KupoCon
The trailer for the upcoming live-action dramatisation of The Last of Us has now launched.

Joel is Pedro Pascal (from The Mandalorian and Game of Thrones, etc) and Ellie is Bella Ramsey (also Game of Thrones). It looks like they've made the original Ellie (Ashley Johnson) Ellie's mother, or some mother in the show anyway.

I wasn't at all on board with this when it was announced. After all, as much as I love these actors, the game itself is almost a movie and does not really need a live-action dramatisation. It already works. I still believe this. That said, this trailer looks a lot better than I expected and Pedro and Bella match the mannerisms of the original characters more than I was expecting. I can imagine them being these characters.

So even if it turns out to be unnecessary, I guess eating a bar of chocolate is still unnecessary. It can still be nice and tasty in the moment, I suppose!

Okay, I watched the first episode tonight and can confirm that it is phenomenal so far.

A few changes, but only minor/trivial ones and others that are more expansive and come with the change in medium. The acting is brilliant, and they seem to really embody the characters of the game.

It truly captures the spirit of the game and even though I knew what was coming, it had me transfixed.

:funguy:

What's the gore level on this? Like is it on par with the first game? I can't help it, I'm a sensitive bean when it comes to severe mutilations & grotesque unnecessary shots of upclose bloodiness. I think that's why I never played the second game, it seemed almost too intense in the trailers & stuff. I think I can handle the ickyness of the clickers but I don't want to see exploded heads & flying intestines and stuff. Really enjoyed this game and I hear good things otherwise on the show.

What's the gore level on this? Like is it on par with the first game? I can't help it, I'm a sensitive bean when it comes to severe mutilations & grotesque unnecessary shots of upclose bloodiness. I think that's why I never played the second game, it seemed almost too intense in the trailers & stuff. I think I can handle the ickyness of the clickers but I don't want to see exploded heads & flying intestines and stuff. Really enjoyed this game and I hear good things otherwise on the show.

Hard for me to call it right now, as we're only one episode in.

But the gore level is not excessive so far. Inevitably present due to the world and story, but not (yet) overdone. When there is gore, it so far seems to be for a purpose. And there is more that is implied or just out of shot enough to give you a clear mental image, while not ruining your lunch.

Back