FFX-2 The eternal calm, why believe it?

Katrex

Gil
So I just wanted to share this thought. Every ten years sin gets reborn. A bunch of traitors of yevon and an albhed ship somehow defeat sin, so the question becomes why do people think sin won't come back? just because a traitor said so? because the faith disappeared? If anything wouldn't this make them think spira was doomed and people would be enjoying the final calm.

in the meantime the remaining maesters who know sin wont come back will try and create a story by which they prevented sin coming back, trapping him pandoras box so to speak, such that if people didnt follow the teachings sin WOULD be reborn. Temples would do anything to retain their power. The word of a bunch of traitors probably wouldn't change spira that much, at least in the short term. They would pray on the fear of sin coming back to maintain power.

You know... I think I would have preferred FFX-2 if that was the plot. If the aftermath of the party defeating Sin for good had more complicated consequences. People had their faith shaken and some might hold on tighter and trust the new teachings of Yevon whereas others might throw it all out and recognise that they have all been lied to. Others might struggle to believe that Sin is really gone.

I think there should have been more push-back or uncertainty about the future of the world. The religion which had dominated the planet for thousands of years should have been more deeply rooted than it appeared to be in the game (in my memory of it).

It has been a very long time since I actually played it though so maybe some of these issues are discussed but I don't remember them being prominent.

Last edited:
Back