The Blueness of a Wound - Interactive Graphic Novel

redcloud9

Chocobo Breeder
Gil
Hi guys,

Apart from the graphic novel I have been working on, The Lost Dreams of the Unicorn, I have also been hard at work creating a horror/mystery
with some interactive elements (like clicking on items, making choices etc.)
Think of it as a simplified adventure game. It was inspired by lots of great horror games (like Silent Hill) I have played over the years...

Currently its in Powerpoint format but if anyone has any other platform suggestions please tell me...

The DEMO is available to download below...

https://www.zaperart.com/blue

I've been away so I've only just managed to try this.

Wow! I’m really intrigued by this demo. The artwork is stunning, as I expected from being a fan of Lost Dreams of the Unicorn. It also works rather well for an interactive click adventure. I find this fascinating as there’s still an appropriate dreamlike quality to the work, but also elements of realism. It's really nice to see your unique style applied to different contexts like that.

The music / sounds work in harmony with the story too.

I’m looking forward to the finished product. Consider me teased!

I think the mix of realism and dreamlike atmosphere was exactly what I was going for so its gratifying to hear that! I have been doing a lot more work on it these days and its going great. The end product will be a lot more scarier and have some fantasy elements so I am holding a lot of cards close to my chest.
I know the forums are full of talented people so I wanted to ask if anyone is interested in helping me animate certain parts of the game. It would be things like background details. So someone who has experience with gifs and animation. I am more than willing to discuss some form of payment plus credit when its released. Really appreciate any offers.

^

I asked on our Discord server and I'll keep you posted and I'll try think of a few others.

I hope we can help you find someone who can do animation of the quality you need for this project.

Thanks for the help! I have big plans for the project and distributing it so if I am happy with animation for the demo I would be happy for that person to do the whole game eventually.

A new piece of artwork for the game...

parking.jpg

Nice!

I can't wait to see (and eventually play) more.

Hopefully a number of other people have tried the demo and I'm going to ask again about the animation stuff soon in case people didn't see it.

The website for Blueness of a Wound is now up!

https://www.zaperart.com/blue

Its a great opportunity to try the DEMO for it if you haven't. I managed to convert it into an .exe file so hopefully everyone shoul be able to try it.

Dowload it here directly:

And just a reminder I am looking for any feedback and someone willing to help with the animation side of things!

Last edited:
Check out the new look website with some more artwork...

Also I am still looking for people who want to help out with the project...It's going really strong and should be finished this year.

www.zaperart.com/blue

Hi everyone

I wanted to share with you the first trailer made for the game. There should be a fully playable demo coming soon as well.

Woah!

This has come a long way from the beta demo already! I notice you've got some lovely and clean new animation effects which look like they'll really complement the gameplay experience.

The content of the trailer also shows just enough to get people interested without spoiling much of the plot. It also shows off the intentionally nightmarish strangeness of it.

Great job and I can't wait to see more!

Yes. There was a lot of animation and voice work done so far. Really glad you like it. Here is a promo poster for the game.

FB_IMG_1571629373269.jpg

I'm really delighted you've managed to get someone like that on board! He also did the excellent soundtrack (and much more) for Koudelka.
That's seriously cool and promising.

That combined with your own experience in art and storytelling, this looks to be shaping up wonderfully.

Hype!

This is a great insight into the game. It’s really good to hear about it from the creator and keeping a video like this personal and succinct makes it easier to share to get the initial attention this project really deserves and whet people's appetites.

If you like, I can share this at a good moment.

I don’t yet know much about aboriginal mythology, so that’s an area I’d love to delve into at some point. Aside from a limited awareness of 'Dreamtime' and a handful of monsters, I don't know much.

Nice!

The animations are slick and suit your style of art without becoming too distracting, so there's a lovely balance there.

I believe the voice overs are also new since the earlier prototype demo I played, so they are a neat addition! And, of course, the music of Hiroki Kikuta is a lovely addition and is blended appropriately in the scenes.

Keep us updated. :)

Back