The best Worse game ever and the worst Best game ever.

mikey_boson

ShinRa Guard
Gil
Let me explain... The best Worse game ever is a game that (for example) had poor graphics, repetitive gameplay, a bad storyline and generally not a lot of good things going for it. However, for some reason the game actually works well even though it is bad.

An example would be a Net Yaroze game that was on a PSM1 demo disc called 'Between the Eyes'. It was meant to be a futuristic racing game where you controlled a flying craft along a course. Well all the ships handled the same, the course was just a twisty, turny tube, if you glanced the wall you stopped and you couldn't overtake because you just hit the back of the person in front. The graphics were dire and the music was one riff that repeated every 10 seconds. It was a very poor attempt at a game but I actually enjoyed playing it.

Now the worst Best game ever is a game that (for example) had great graphics, a cracking storyline, quality music and awesome gameplay - basically it had all the makings of a superb game. However, for some reason the game turns out to be bad.

An example I have is Warzone:2100. I like RTS games and I'd seen Warzone:2100 and thought it looked great. I bought it and 3 levels in I was loving it! Fully customizable units, good story, lots of things to update, upgrade and research - a really good game. However, I then got to level 4 or 5 (can't remember) and there was a 2 hour time limit to complete the level but it was impossibly hard. The difficulty was set to easy, I spent ages restarting the game, getting my army and base prepared for this difficult level but no matter what I did I couldn't complete it. I eventually cheated to get passed this level but every subsequent level was equally, if not more, difficult. Everything about the game was spoiled and ruined because it was too difficult - a brilliant game but in reality, very bad indeed.

Anyone else have similar thoughts and experiences with games?

Most of this is entirely opinion-based, I presume? Or is it based on statistics?

As far as opinion goes, I absolutely hated DOTA 2 and, dare I say it, Resident Evil 5.

I hated DOTA 2 because it was boring compared to the original DOTA. I'm aware the gameplay was similar to DOTA, however, I just found it extremely boring. Even with smart cast, using and leveling up abilities was annoyingly tedious, and the shop system intimidated me.

I barely made it past the very first mission in Resident Evil 5. I found it extremely boring and paled in comparison to the other Resident Evil games, plus, the censoring of most of the gore scenes really did bother me. I couldn't play it past the first mission; I almost fell asleep while playing it, that's how boring it was to me.

I actually don't like Skyrim. Sure there's tons of shit to do and it looks all pretty, but none of that matters if it's just... plain... BORING. I had a blast in Oblivion. Every quest line was interesting and didn't get old at all for me. I've 100% Oblivion and that hardly ever happens in a game for me. The dragons at the point I'm at in the game are just tedious and appear everywhere. I've got about 35 hours into the game just trying to like it.

I actually don't like Skyrim. Sure there's tons of shit to do and it looks all pretty, but none of that matters if it's just... plain... BORING. I had a blast in Oblivion. Every quest line was interesting and didn't get old at all for me. I've 100% Oblivion and that hardly ever happens in a game for me. The dragons at the point I'm at in the game are just tedious and appear everywhere. I've got about 35 hours into the game just trying to like it.

So I'm not the only one that hates Skyrim? God, it was extremely boring, the quests were repetitive and stupidly tedious. I had a hard time keeping interested in Skyrim.

Hmm... :hmmm:

I know for sure, my best worse game ever is KH:RECoM. It had no right to be anywhere near as good as it was, especially because it was a remake of a Gameboy game. I went into this game with very low expectations, having read the reviews on Amazon and gaming websites. It seemed to get very little praise. I was just looking to play it to see the events leading up to KH2. Not for gameplay or anything like that.

Holy cow! When I finished this game (Riku mode included) I knew that was a great damn game. One of my favorites ever. In fact I'm willing to go as far as saying, If it had more voice acting, it would have passed KH1 on my favorite game ever list. Which would have made this number 2. Nothing about this game should work, but it does. The gameplay, graphics, voice acting, all of it should of been terrible, but it turned out perfect.

As for my worse best game.... I have no idea to be honest. There's not really any game that was kinda bad, it was just plain bad. I usually realized this from the start of the game too. Ehh, I'm not sure.

The worst best game I have ever played is probably the call of duty or gears of war games, I don't think they are the worst games ever though. They're just the worst 'Best' games I have played. I just don't enjoy them very much at all and find them very samey and just not interesting in the least. I cannot think of a Best worst game

Years ago I remember having a game called The Bouncer for PS2. It was a very short, the voice acting was crap, the graphics and combat was okay. I don't think it got good reviews but I replayed that game so many times. I doubt I would play the game again. :D

Worst best game? I think I might have to give this to the Halo franchise, particularly Halo 3. It is a good online game but I really do not like the Master Chief as a character. The Master Chief and the Arbiter go through most of Halo 3 together and they barely say 2 words to each other yet everyone thinks he is awesome. Also, one little thing that has annoyed me about him is that he wears this big ass helmet yet his voice is crystal clear.

I'm starting to not care much about Gears of War now.

Back