Terry Pratchett set to die

I don't know him or his novels but it's sad he's taking this step.
I heard when people take this measure they usually back out, so maybe he will. It's sad to think of him dealing with the disease but he should want as much time as possible. :/

What books does he write?

I don't know him or his novels but it's sad he's taking this step.
I heard when people take this measure they usually back out, so maybe he will. It's sad to think of him dealing with the disease but he should want as much time as possible. :/

What books does he write?

He writes fantasy.

You could compare him to Robert Jordan, R. R. Martin, JK Rowling, R.A. Salvatore C.S. Lewis, in terms of genre, I s'pose. :ohshit:

This is a somewhat misleading thread title, it implies Pratchett is going to die any day now! Hopefully that day is a long way off yet.

i have to disagree with you here. apart from the fact that its his life and he's free to do as he wishes with it, alzheimer's is pretty devastating. apart from the confusion it brings about in sufferers its also devastating for the families of sufferers to see the ones they love slipping away. there in body but not in mind.

i cant imagine why anyone would rather remember their loved ones at a stage where they didnt know who you were or that anyone would want to reach a point like that. having more time would literally decrease his quality of life.

its sad that he's ill tho.

We'll he's still with us. Moreover, he's still writing.

A few weeks ago I picked up The Long Earth (a collaboration with Stephen Baxter), and its sequel, The Long War has just been released.

Back