Fan Fiction Terra Branford - The Fiery Rose

I guess I could understand given the limitations of the SNES system but Terra/Tina has blonde hair not green. I have a question do you guys think that Terra's hair is dirty blonde or strawberry blonde? I am not that familiar with hair.

I thought Terra only ever had blonde hair in Amano's art? As does every FF character in his art >.> Her hair has always been green, hasn't it? :gasp: I much prefer it that way as well, I mean it IS her fathers same hair, no?

I guess I could understand given the limitations of the SNES system but Terra/Tina has blonde hair not green. I have a question do you guys think that Terra's hair is dirty blonde or strawberry blonde? I am not that familiar with hair.

The only limitations the system had was that of the later systems. If Terra was meant to be blond, they would have made her blond. Using the yellow color was possible in the Snes. Key example: Edgar, Sabin, Celes, Kefka and many other blond NPCs and yellowed colored objects/monsters. So there was no limitation that required her hair being green rather than blond other than the fact that the FF game creator wanting it green.

In later models and Amano's art, yes, she has blond hair. So I will say dirty blond. Why? Because her mother had dark blond hair, nearly brown. So I'll pick that as the art/Dissidia reasons for her hair being blond instead of green xD

The only limitations the system had was that of the later systems. If Terra was meant to be blond, they would have made her blond. Using the yellow color was possible in the Snes. Key example: Edgar, Sabin, Celes, Kefka and many other blond NPCs and yellowed colored objects/monsters. So there was no limitation that required her hair being green rather than blond other than the fact that the FF game creator wanting it green.

In later models and Amano's art, yes, she has blond hair. So I will say dirty blond. Why? Because her mother had dark blond hair, nearly brown. So I'll pick that as the art/Dissidia reasons for her hair being blond instead of green xD

I always thought it was just to prevent confusion, Terra and Celes do look a little similar. Nevertheless, I hope if and when Celes is in Dissidia that msot people don't confuse the two. Not that I would, I know better....I hope.

Ah, I see. xD Celes and Terra, even if they both had the same hair colour, would be extremely hard to mix up, me thinks. I just hope that if Celes is ever put into the Dissidia games, she's not screwed up and can only cast magic. :P

Celes was just a slighty weaker Terra with great magic and the Seal Sword tech. She was useful as a attacker and even mor e as a mage, I hadn't played the Dissdsida (yet) but if she were a fighting character, I would say she hbe the most balanced in terms of fighting and magic.

*Wow! Sorry I was gone for so long. I was busy with my linguistics and language (plus I am learning four languages!)! :O Please forgive me. *

@Guernsey:
Agreed. She would be extremely balanced and really easy to play with. :D

Laguna Loire:
*nods*

I know! So many people just don't realize what they are missing. :hmpf face

Especially since even though she was the first FP, she was incredibly strong in both sword and magic, which is friggin' rare in game females especially in Final Fantasy games! lol

Before Terra came along, we didn't really see that many females that have that kind of power. Even though we haver characters like Lightning who break the trend, a large majority of females in RPGs are either love interests or whie mages. Don't get me wrong, I am not stereotyping on 'strong female protagonists' or 'weak female protagoinists' nor am I going to stereotype that most men in JApan are misgynist but Terra and Celes are refreshing breaks from those Female JRPG archetypes.

Yes, they were very refreshing. :) Its nice to see that they were the start of their kind of strong girls in the Final Fantasy series.

Question:

Do you think that, if remade Final Fantasy VI, they would change Terra into a only magic caster like they did for Dissidia?

My answer:
I think they just might just because of Dissidia. I feel it would ruin Terra and not only her, but the game. It would kind of ruin the point of her being a MagitekElite, ya know?

Personally, as a fan I am not sure if I would want a remake especially given their track record as of late. Terra as magic user is fail especially when she more in common with the magic knight class and if they changed that, they would lose some customers. I am not looking Ellen Ripley here but Terra was strong in her own right. If they remake it, they would have to stay true to the spirit of the character.

Agreed; as a fan, I wouldn't want a remake if they would just change everything.

They would have to stay true to the original. I would hate it if they changed her to fit newer messups, or even changed the game to feel more "13"y or tried to change it to be more futuristic in its gameplay. It would destroy the game and Terra's character.

I do not like Terra as a magic only user, it DOES ruin her character. In Dissidia, no offense, but she looked so weak and incapable of putting up a fight or even defending herself (that is until she goes esper mode).

If they had to make a remake of FFVI, they should keep Terra as a mage and swordsman (or should I say swordslady?) because it makes her seem stronger and more experienced in combat. It gives her Terra a graceful yet harsh fighting style, you know what I mean?

And about to go off subject here...
I found such pretty pencil work of Terra & Shadow (even though I'm not a huge fan of this couple, the artist does point out how they'd be good together, and now i'm totally seeing things differently xD)
http://spelarminlind.deviantart.com/gallery/?catpath=scraps#/d3d2acg

I don't either, Aerith and I agree 100% with what you said. Her being a magic and sword user is what made her so great. Its what separated her from the other typical females in the Final Fantasy series. I won't really understand why Nomura & Co. decided to rip her character down.

She could have used both, doesn't Onion Knight use sword and magic, or was that Zidane or Squall? Well, I know they could have done it and not doing so is an insult to Terra and the creators of Final Fantasy VI, me thinks. Its like telling them their work was garbage and that it needed changing -- BARRR! :C

Oh my, that is absolutely lovely art of her (and Shadow)! I don't particularly like how they made Interceptor look, but oh well! Terra is very beautiful in that picture! :D

Thanks for sharing, Aerith! Please bring more if you have it! :3

Chickification I suppose.

Seriously, Terra is one of the most balanced characters in the game without her Morph skill. Why make a magic user solely in Dissida? By the way, they did fix that in the sequel?

Terra is good character who can equid swords and shields, she was even in the army for pete's sake even if she was techinically brainwashed into being a solder. I wonder why they didn't put in any mechs in the game?

No, they didn't fix it because they honestly believe it makes her better or something. *sigh*

You think they would have made her more soldier like as she was supposed to be be, but no. They decided their course was better than the original. :(

Gosh Terra seemed soooooooo damn defenseless and weak in Dissidia 012 as she asked Vaan to kill her because she didn't want to fight (but she was Kefka's puppet, so I guess that made it seem semi-okay).

I feel like only the people who played FFVI can REALLY know how awesome and tough she is. FF needs more strong females nowadays :P

Gosh Terra seemed soooooooo damn defenseless and weak in Dissidia 012 as she asked Vaan to kill her because she didn't want to fight (but she was Kefka's puppet, so I guess that made it seem semi-okay).

I feel like only the people who played FFVI can REALLY know how awesome and tough she is. FF needs more strong females nowadays :P
Its a shame too, because people who haven't played FF6 but Dissidia and liked Terra, are really just liking her for what Nomura & Co. has done to her character.

If they played the true FF6 and played true Terra, they would be in love with her character. :sup: If not well...let's just say they won't need to be a worry to the fandom.
2z7exox.png

Definitely needs more strong females. Terra should be the example, not Paine or Lightning.
hm.png

Terra starts off a person with an identity crisis to a person of quiet confidence, somethignt hat you don't see very often in RPG characters at that point. Man, it just seems that she keeps getting nerfed in Dissidia despite what FFVI shows us. I mean Terra has her flaws but its these very same flaws that makes her great and its adds to her character. It is not as though we are looking for a God Mode Sue but jsut well written female character and not just a stereotype.

Back