[SU/Info/D] Tales of the Draken: The First Cataclysm

rowe

Eternally Begrudged
Veteran
Gil
Premise

During the times of old, a great cataclysm destroyed much of the world as it was known. The exact nature of the great disaster has been lost to time, but most historians, scientists, and common folk today speculate the event was cosmic in nature. Other common theories depict a global quake, drying or flooding of the oceans, and a plague. The effect of this event was staggering, regardless of its true nature.

A now-extinct race known as the Draken were to blame for the catastrophe. They had been cast into exile, to the farthest, most barren reaches of the world. Prior to the cataclysm, they were primarily nomads wandering the world, protecting their rich, lengthy lineage and history. Furthermore, a great imperial family of Drakenian lineage ruled up to and during the cataclysm, overseeing a majority of the world as it was. Following the event, the imperial family assumingly faced exile with the other Draken. Within two centuries, the ancient Draken supposedly died out from disease.

Now, allow me to be frank. As is natural, history can be skewed, sullied, and twisted as it passes through the ages. I search for the truth, and it is needed now more than ever. The true history of the Draken must be uncovered. My world's fate currently relies on it.

Apologies. Allow me to introduce myself. I'm Dr. Siguard R. Orien, a professor of world history and anthropology at the University of T'ahn. I've recently been assigned with the task of uncovering the true events surrounding the aforementioned cataclysm, in order to avert another during this time.

If you're reading this, I've succeeded in saving our world, and quite possibly at a great cost. My hope is that you, whoever you may be, are living in a peaceful world. If so, my work is finally complete.​

Dr. Siguard R. Orien
Professor of World History & Anthropology​

P.S. - To my boy Jexel. If this so happens to find you, please understand and forgive my actions.​

Rules & Notes

General Rules
  • General role playing rules apply.
  • Avoid godmodding, power playing, metagaming, and anything similar.
  • Use common sense.
  • Please keep any posts to at least one solid paragraph in length.

Other Notes
  • You're more than welcome to expand upon the world, such as adding areas/regions, cities/towns, NPCs, etc. (All within reason, of course.)
  • There will be a codex following this post (or the next), which will (or should be) updated with various information regarding the world, events, people, etc.
  • Please let me know if you have ideas, suggestions, and so on. I'm all ears as far as input.

Character Creation

General Character Creation Guidelines
  • Participants may have one to three (1 - 3) primary characters.
  • Characters need not be "fighter-types". It is optional. (For example: a character can solely be a political figure, and still affect events.)
    • "Fighter-type" or not, be sure they're not overly powerful in their respective abilities. (I'll contact you if I think they are.)
  • Originality is highly encouraged.

Basic Character Profile Guidelines
  • Name
  • Race: Humans are the most abundant, but there are others (like the Draken). Feel free to create another, but detail the race if it is being used for the first time.
    • The Draken race will be limited.
  • Occupation
  • Initial Alignment: Use this link as a reference.
  • Era: Primary or Secondary
    • The primary era takes place in the past, and begins at some point before the cataclysm. It has a medieval-like setting, and emphasizes on technological and magical advancements.
    • The secondary era takes place in a possible future era, in which Dr. Orien resides. It has a modern, borderline-futuristic setting, in which magic (supposedly) no longer exists.
      • This era will be limited.
      • Draken do not exist during this era. Even still, many other races are endangered.
  • History & Bio
Optional/Additional "Fighter-Type" Profile Fields
  • Preferred Weaponry
  • Initial Abilities

Last edited:
Current Characters
  • Shira Velarus: reserved for Rowe
  • Jexel Orien: reserved for Rowe

I'm reserving this post for my bio. It should be up tomorrow. :x3:

Name: Noxus Ilde
Era: Secondary
History: