Help Stuck in weird room... HELP!!

Witness45

Gil
I'm stuck in a room that's locked. I'm on the first disc, and we're trying to assassinate the sorceress. I know that I'm supposed to take the teacup on the wall and put it on the statue to reveal a secret exit to a staircase and a sewer, however I'm stuck in the sewer... :( I know there must be something to do with a painting in the room, I just don't know what to do with it... I must get out of this room/staircase/sewer!!!! What do I do!?

have Quistis examine the painting next to the window then take a glass cup from the shelves on the left. Head to the upper left corner and set the cup on the statue to reveal a hidden passage. Junction your party and descend into the sewers. Ride the waterwheel on the left then head north until an FMV takes over.
When you regain control of Squall, follow Irvine back to the crates. Use the Save Point (re-junction your crew if necessary) then climb up to the roof. Head forward into Edea’s Chamber.

Source: http://www.ffextreme.com/ff8/walkthrough1_25.html

EDIT: It's important to note that the next fight you can draw the GF Carbuncle from the fight, be sure to do so, as it can be very useful.

have Quistis examine the painting next to the window then take a glass cup from the shelves on the left. Head to the upper left corner and set the cup on the statue to reveal a hidden passage. Junction your party and descend into the sewers. Ride the waterwheel on the left then head north until an FMV takes over.
When you regain control of Squall, follow Irvine back to the crates. Use the Save Point (re-junction your crew if necessary) then climb up to the roof. Head forward into Edea’s Chamber.

Source: http://www.ffextreme.com/ff8/walkthrough1_25.html

EDIT: It's important to note that the next fight you can draw the GF Carbuncle from the fight, be sure to do so, as it can be very useful.

Thank you. :)

The battle during which you can draw Carbuncle involves only Squall and Rinoa, you'll know it when you come to it. I'm pretty sure there's a fighting magazine for Zell that you can find in the sewers. If you miss it don't worry too much as you can buy it later on in the game.

Back