Sperm Donor Dads

blakstang98

Paladin
Veteran
Gil
I recall reading an article a few years ago about how some dude basically fathered like 50 kids, or something like that, as a result of numerous sperm donations to the sperm bank. And then the thought comes to mind about how this guy feels about this. I mean you could basically have the mindset of what you don't know, can't hurt you. And I don't think the sperm bank calls you and tells you your specimen has been used (successfully or not). But I think it would be natural to ponder the thought of having your specimen be used and producing a child that you have no part in the life of. Even though you may be helping someone or some couple out in a major life altering event. And you essentially would have no further role and you would know nothing about the long-term results.

How would it make you feel?

I'm probably going to look back and laugh at 23 year old me when I post this, but whatever!

I would have no qualms working as a sperm donor. The idea of helping people have children they couldn't have before would be amazing- you're quite literally giving the gift of life(potentially).

But, at the same time, I have no interest in having children. I don't want to be a father. I'm afraid I would fuck it up, and fuck it up badly. I've dealt, first hand, with what emotional and mental abuse can do. I know what it's like to have a parent who undermines your confidence in an attempt to keep you docile and there to take care of them.

I have no fear of doing that to a child- I can recognise it. My fear would be swinging the pendulum the other way: pushing a child so far, so hard they crack and break down... I don't want to do that.

Back on topic: I wouldn't have an interest in getting to know the donor child. I would be a good, anon bio dad. If the child wished to meet me... Okay, I would be fine with it- but the stress boundary of me not being their parent would have to be put up.

Of course, this is all hypothetical. Who knows how I would react? How much of it is nature versus nurture? How much of a natural call for a human to be a father is there?

Tl;Dr: I would like to think I would be an anon bio-dad, but who really knows how we'd react?

I'd be okay with it as a man. I'm low class in Southeastern U.S. and I'm chronically fighting to try not to be homeless so traditional relationships and "the American Dream" aren't really a realistic thing to me anymore at my age...I actually kind of avoid them like the plague because that'd be the the last nail in my coffin financially speaking. But for something like a donation bank, I mean so long as I never have to be involved financially, emotionally, or otherwise, I'd be okay with it. I'm also a complete nerd for things like CRISPR/Cas9, I think that stuff is cool and if I had the ability or the option I'd probably use it like the guy in the movie Limitless to genetically make my life suck less. For random trivia, ZP Theart, the singer from Dragonforce, is a test tube baby.

I'm okay with it. There's a part of me that has the impulse to "continue my lineage", but due to circumstances I wouldn't be inclined to help in conceiving naturally.

Back