Sorceress Adel

Apparent Amarant

Blue Mage
Gil
Is she really a chick? It shows her at one point with no shirt on and she has man pecs and no boobies... Apart from the man pecs she has an absolutely ripped body like a male body builder.

The cut scene is when
you meet Laguna as the President of Esthar after you get the Ragnorak and rescue Rinoa and go to Edea's house again or whatever. It's an optional cutscene. When the Questions come up that you can ask you have to ask "What are you doing here?"

Last edited:
I don't think Sorceress Adel is a women either, lol. But everyone refers to him/her/it as a 'she', so I guess she is a women.

Quite shocking, to be honest.

Last edited:
all sorcereses were women,so it HAS to be a she, certainly the manliest looking women i ever saw though,and it defo does have pecs, i noticed that firsttimei ever played and was like...wot?

That is pretty odd isn't it. I remember noticing this when I fought 'her' in Lunatic Pandora but didn't think a thing about it. I mean it is really odd that they would call 'her' Sorceress Edel but then make 'her' have man pecs. :wacky:

Last edited:
That is pretty odd isn't it. I remember noticing this when I fought 'her' in Lunatic Pandora but didn't think a thing about it. I mean it is really odd that they would call 'her' Sorceress Edea but then make 'her' have man pecs. :wacky:

Actually Edea has nice boobies ;)) but Adel is built just like a man which I find weird. Also if she's a she then there are noodz in the game. It should be rated M>

In a game where most men look like they never needed a razor in their life and people can use magic to blast lightning or summon huge beasts, I'm not really alarmed by a woman who looks like a man. If Edea can make her 'headgear' (or whatever you call it) dissappear at will, I'm sure Adel can also sculpt her appearance as she wishes. That would raise the question why to go for the freak bodybuilder look, but sorceresses are strange people so I won't mind leaving that question unanswered.

I can't help but recall reading that Adel could've been a hermaphrodite or something...

Could you put a little more effort in, please? :gasp:

I remember reading SOMETHING about sorceress aging slowly, and why Adel looked so mutated.. I think it was something about her being power-hungry and the power mutated her. If you look at Edea, she's got some odd veins on the side of her head, possibly from while
Ultimecia possessed her
. I can't find anything like that on
Rinoa, other than her wings, but they're not always present.

So maybe the power corrupted and changed her body as well as her mind.. or.. she made herself look like a man and likes it O_O I don't know.

Could you put a little more effort in, please? :gasp:
I thought the post was fine, but w/e. He/She/Both is referred to as a female on many occasions as well as a sorceress and Adel has manlike pecs and all that jazz, so it helps back up a theory that Adel could be a hermaphrodite. Of course, it's a pretty insignificant plot point especially considering it's a plot I don't care about but...

I think she is a woman. Soceress is a feminine term. If she was a man, then wouldnt it be taboo for him to be a soceress? She may look very manly, but I think she is a woman.

I seem to remember the sorceress line being completely women. So she's a woman. Have you seen actual body-building women, they have pecs unless they get implants.

Actually Edea has nice boobies ;)) but Adel is built just like a man which I find weird. Also if she's a she then there are noodz in the game. It should be rated M>

I meant to say Adel but put Edea. Anyway yeah maybe you guys are right, maybe just for living so long she had deformed and lost all of 'her' features. I dont think Adel was a body builder before she became mad with power so that idea is a little crazy...but SE has done weirder things. :wacky:

Haha...no, I just meant, there are women who don't have boobs and her body is rather body builder-esque.....just a theory. Maybe she magically body built! XD Either way, still pretty sure she was meant to be a chick.

Seriously have been asking this question for months and years..

Think it's way of saying that she was unattractive personality and maybe in looks too.

The poor lady had no shining knight in amour to take care of her. :[

And it was one of the reasons why Adel went on a controlling rampage, because she was broken inside that no man wanted to take care of her. It was kind of like a broken romance/ fairy tale for her..

Ahhh the Miss Universe topic, i seem to recall something similar being discussed in the past.

Adel certainly does not look like a human, but if i remember correctly all the sorceresses except for Edea and Rinoa have a strange appearance that looks more like a monster then anything else, even Ultimecia had black wings and monstrous feet and hands. And all those sorceresses, during the time compression, hardly looked human too especially the last one.

I guess they could have mutated in order to assume a form which would cast fear amongst men and women, a shape that would fit their status as one of the most powerful beings in the world.

So basically that's why i think Adel looks like a giant purple Miss Universe contestant, i don´t think that she always looked like that.

I think Adel is realy cool, but if THAT is a woman, im questioning my own sexuality cos there is no way in hell that Adel is a woman.
But whats up with this sorceres thing, isnt a sorceres a women, if it were a man it would be sorcerer, it sure is strange.

Sorceress Adel is a WOMAN! She just has an A-cup and works aout alot. And she probably went "who cares about bras when you don't have boobs anyways?"

Geeze people, it's not like everyone can be sexy and have big boobs like Shiva and Siren...

Geeze people, it's not like everyone can be sexy and have big boobs like Shiva and Siren...

And those two are probably actuallly really jealous of Adel for being so mighty.
Adel is a warrior princess.
Just like her brother Xena.
She doesn`t have time for girly things like estrogen or breasts. She doesn`t need those things either. If she`s interested in someone, she will simply Junction herself to them. No flirting or courting necessary.

She has to be a woman due to the term sorceress, unless thats changed in the last few years :/ Just because she doesnt have huge breasts doesnt mean she isnt a woman, good grief.

i think it is similar to egyptian history, there u have Hatshepsut a queen who ordered that every statue of her is made as a man, so that she will be known as a ruler not as a women

Last edited:
Back