Staff member
Global Moderator
Social Media Team
Veteran
Gil
Coloured Thread
Chocobo Egg
Shiva Snowflake
I realize that listening to the local radio might be dying out at this point, but I'm sure I'm not alone when I hear a certain song come on the radio and I instantly turn the station.

So, do you have any haunting songs that, for whatever your reasons may be, you instantly find yourself skipping immediately over? :lew:

For example, I absolutely hate the song Hey there Delilah by the Plain White Ts.

Absolutely loathe.

No good reason other than I just hate it, but ugh... invokes in internal rage inside of me. Perhaps mostly because it is so catchy, but also it was played nonstop back when it.... well honestly I feel like it's always played nonstop so :wacky:

Speaking of catchy :eyeroll: Honorable mention to I won't say I'm in Love from the Disney Hercules movie.

Okay, your turn!

Oooooh, theres quite a few but I'll only do 2 for the sake of not being a butt

For classics, I wanna say Panama by Van Halen. I really respect those guys and genuinely enjoy their music but Panama is just horrible and it gets a lot of airplay even almost 40 years later. It's just a very obnoxious song.

For modern, I gotta go with Believer by Imagine Dragons. That song feels like it was designed to be the most insufferable piece of music ever written. I have actually left stores and restaurants because it started playing, which is petty, I know. But that song causes me legit physical discomfort to hear.

In my opinion (which in this case is actually an indisputable fact) Ellie Goulding deserves imprisonment for what she has subjected the nation and, to a lesser extent from what the numbers read, the world, to with her 'music'. Ellie Goulding is the epitome of artists who spark within me the desire to bore my own eardrums out with a power drill. When she debuted, she did so alongside many then-trendy British artists who seemed to think singing in a wispy, whispery way added dimension and uniqueness to what were actually sub-standard, throwaway pop songs not worthy as filler on an X-Factor flopstar's contracted release. Ingratiating promotional strategies enforced by her label, most notably 2-3 re-releases of each album with new single releases each time, forced this breathy c*** onto radio, up the charts and into my ears much more than she deserved to be. What joy that nothing she's put out has garnered enough interest to be played within earshot of me for about 5 years now. I am healing. There's a two-in-one I'll post below that I could say even more about, but one needs to watch one's blood pressure at times like this.

i luvv this song very much

This thread is about songs you can't stand :lew: Feel free to edit your post or post a new one stating what songs you dislike.

Back