Multiple Platforms Shadow of the Tomb Raider

Setzer Gabbiani

Dark Knight
Veteran
Gil
Lara Croft has return! Eidos Montreal, Crystal Dynamics and Square Enix has join forces to work on the next Tomb Raider game called Shadow of the Tomb Raider. Here are some trailers for you guys. Hope you enjoy it! Shadow of the Tomb Raider will be released on September 14th, 2018 for PlayStation 4, Xbox One and PC.

Pre-order Bonuses
Pre-order the retail version of Shadow of the Tomb Raider to receive an automatic upgrade to the Limited Steelbook Edition with three collectible art cards. You will find this edition on most retailers as well as Square Enix Store, while supplies last:

On the other hand, pre-purchasing digitally for any platform will grant an additional Skills Booster Pack (unlocks 3 skills within Eagle, Jaguar, and Serpent skill tree paths) and 48-hour early access, the latter only applicable to Digital Deluxe Edition and Croft editions:

Lastly, there are exclusive retailer and platform bonuses to be had as well:

And here’s the official Mayan calendar-inspired chart of the available game editions and pre-order bonuses:

We’ll break down the editions for you below.

Digital Deluxe Edition

The Digital Deluxe Edition costs $69.99 and includes these extras:

• 48-hour early access (with pre-order)
  • Platform-exclusive bonuses (as outlined above)
  • Skills Booster Pack
  • Additional weapon and outfit
  • Digital OST
Croft Edition

The Croft Edition is available either digitally or physically as Croft Steelbook Edition for $89.99, and comes with the following:

• Limited Edition Steelbook (retail version only)
  • 48-hour early access (with pre-order)
  • Platform-exclusive bonuses (with pre-order)
  • Skills Booster Pack
  • 3 additional weapons and outfits
  • Digital OST
  • Season Pass:
    • 7 challenge tombs – either co-op or single player
    • 7 new weapons, outfits, and skills
    • Multiple narrative side-missions
    • (1 of each of the above is exclusive to Season Pass owners)
The Season Pass can also be purchased separately for $29.99. It will provide a total of seven content packs, starting October 2018 and ending April 2019, according to the official DLC calendar.

Ultimate Edition

Lastly, there’s the $199.99 “Ultimate” Collector’s Edition exclusive to Square Enix Store. It contains everything listed under Croft Edition, plus three physical collectibles:

• Statue of Lara Croft readying her machete
  • Bottle opener styled after Lara’s climbing axe
  • Vertical grip Tomb Raider-themed flashlight
http://gamepreorders.com/shadow-of-the-tomb-raider

Last edited:
Actually so pumped for this release!!! Wouldn't mind getting a steelbook edition of the game, they always look incredible and feel to me like a decent tangible product. Having seen the trailer and some of the background for the game, I think Lara Croft has strayed quite a bit in this one and is coming maybe a little questionable in character so this could promise to be a pretty interesting story. I also hope it builds on the little more comprehensive combat and salvage/crafting system from the previous game. This time Square Enid, I might just be excited!

I was so excited about this game. I played the first two in the reboot and enjoyed them quite a bit.

However I heard that the main developer who worked on those previous instalments is now taking a more supportive role in this sequel (Crystal Dynamics) and I've been burned enough in the past with 'b-teams' (Mass Effect Andromeda, Halo, Assassin's Creed... etc etc). Gonna wait for the reviews on this one before even thinking about putting money down.

Shadow of the Tomb Raider shows huge Paititi hub in new gameplay video

Square Enix has released a new walkthrough video for Shadow of the Tomb Raider. The new clip shows Paititi, one of the locations in the upcoming action-adventure game. Shadow of the Tomb Raider is releasing on Spetember 14th for PC, PS4 and Xbox One.

Titled “Welcome to Paititi”, Narrative Director Jason Doszois guides us through the walkthrough which takes us to an exotic South American region, depicting a gorgeous settlement full of local charm and indigenous villagers. The settlement is located near some visually striking and imposing ancient ruins and impresses not only with its size – it’s the biggest hub region ever in the modern Tomb Raider trilogy – but also with a bustling and lively community.

Paititi conveys a great atmosphere of an untouched ancient civilization, with even more adventurous journeys to be had by exploring tombs and ancient relics. Lara will now also be able to trade in the marketplace of the settlement and barter for items, clothes and more. Some villagers also serve as quest givers, directing us towards challenge tombs, as is shown in this trailer.

shadow-tomb-raider-trade.png

After taking on the quest by a villager to retrieve a legendary bow, Lara sets off through Paititi and ends up at a mysterious entrance at its outskirts. There, we see a new gameplay mechanic in form of repelling. This way, Lara safely descends deep into a cave where platforming and puzzling sections await her.

Developer Eidos Montreal added more than a new traversal mechanic however, as we also learn that crypts hidden in the dense jungle have been beefed up, becoming as large as entire tombs from past games. Very welcome additions which should make exploring the world more alluring. The main narrative of the antagonist secret group Trinity trying to set an apocalyptic Mayan disaster into motion does sound very interesting on its own however, for gamers who don’t like to do side-quests and extra activities.

https://www.gamezone.com/news/shadow-tomb-raider-shows-huge-paititi-hub-new-gameplay/

Shadow of the Tomb Raider will feature bleeding edge Real-Time Ray Tracing

At the start of Gamescom, Square-Enix has unveiled that Shadow of the Tomb Raider is going to have real-time ray tracing. The extremely advanced visual technology is relatively new and just has been demonstrated by graphics card manufacturer Nvidia at their keynote event last week. Called GeForce RTX, the new graphics feature is promising nothing less than a giant step towards real cinematic lighting done in real-time.

Ray Tracing has long been a Holy Grail in the video game industry, with many people wondering whether they would ever witness the technique implemented in actual game releases and not tech demos. It looks like the time has finally come.

Nvidia, the world’s most popular graphics chip creator, unveiled their new RTX series of ray tracing capable GPUs last week. At a keynote event just before Gamescom, Europe’s biggest gaming trade show, Jensen Huang, CEO of Nvidia personally unveiled their newest product to the public. Nvidia GeForce RTX is the new family of GPUs promising to deliver on the decade-old dream of achieving movie-like cinematic quality for games.

“An iconic pop culture figure like Lara Croft deserves the cinematic treatment that ray tracing can deliver. As soon as we first experienced NVIDIA RTX in our lab, it was clear that Square Enix, Eidos-Montréal, and Crystal Dynamics would be ideal partners to debut it with.” – Tony Tamasi of Nvidia

This news on its own would have already been a major deal for gamer but Nvidia put the icing on their ray traced cake by announcing several upcoming blockbuster games to feature the cutting-edge visual method. Since the technology is very new and hardware-intensive, only PC players with access to the newest GeForce RTX GPUs will have the chance to experience ray tracing for now.

SOTTR_Preview2.jpg

One of those games is Shadow of the Tomb Raider, the third entry into the reboot of the cult action-adventure game featuring legendary game protagonist Lara Croft. With the kick-off for Gamescom, Square Enix is highlighting the technical prowess of Shadow of the Tomb Raider with a new trailer, showcasing the impressive RTX technology. We get to see much more than “only” real-time ray tracing however, with incredibly detailed vegetation and landscapes, gorgeous physical destruction and HDR lighting.

Shadow of the Tomb Raider is launching September 14, on PC, PS4 and Xbox One.

https://www.gamezone.com/news/shado...-feature-bleeding-edge-real-time-ray-tracing/

Here are some new trailers recently released. Enjoy!

Last edited:
Shadow of the Tomb Raider is getting a second DLC called "The Pillar", which will be released on December 18, 2018. Here is the trailer of the upcoming DLC. Enjoy!

Here is the previous trailer of the first DLC called "The Forge".

Last edited:
How long are these DLC segments?

I haven't bought this game at all yet, but I notice here that they seem to put out quite a lot of DLC for the game. If I managed to reduce my backlog and start playing the Tomb Raider origins games and then eventually make it to this one, I'd wonder if it would be worth the Season Pass for all of this too.

This is probably something for the future rather than anytime soon though. Possibly if reduced on PSN or something.

Back