Shadow of Memories / Destiny (PC) Let's Play

Vivi-Gamer

Veteran
Gil
Vivi
You've probably head me speak of this game often, well today I've decided to boot up my old PC and play through it!

Noticed the Stream was getting choppy near the end so giving the Stream a bit of a break - Gives me time to feed the tummy too! I'll be back to finish off the game within 30 mins:

Last edited:
This is one of those games which I've completely missed out on so seeing you play it is me seeing it for the first time with no memories of my own attached to it.

At the moment I've just flicked through it to get a feel for it.
A mystery RPG set in Germany? That does look interesting.

Can you remember roughly how long is the game total?

It's not a very long game , a good 5 hours I'd say, but it has plenty of Replay value with 6+ Endings which most add to the over all lore of the story - I chose on ending for the Stream which I think is the most compelling but its hardly the one which gives the biggest resolve. I actually quite like the length, sometimes it's nice to have games you can play within a single sitting or two - Not every game has to be a 100+ hour grind-fest.

Yeah it seems to be based off of Germany, it's a setting which has really stuck with me. It's really neat to see how it varies through the different time-zones. Along with the familiarity of the Towns folk and their relatives.

I don't normally like Point & Click type Adventure games due to the mechanics, but this game you control Eike via the D-pad and I never found myself getting stuck and not wanting to go back - Even when I died on my Stream It was often from indulging in my exploration on a time limit per mission. It really rewards exploration as there's a lot to see which you could easily overlook.

I had a a blast playing it, sadly it's not compatible with Windows 10 So I have it installed on my Windows 7 PC - I have the PS2 version but that freezes on my Backwards compatible PS3. The PSP version is decent but I prefer the voice acting in the original version - If you you have a set up for an original Xbox or PS2 I highly recommend it.

It is actually quite refreshing seeing a game that is short. I still haven't watched the full play through all the way through (I hadn't realised you'd already finished when I wrote my first reply) but I like games like this so when I get a moment I'll come back here and watch more of it . Aspects of the premise reminds me of Life is Strange.

I don't know if my PS2 is in working order for myself.

Interestingly enough Life Is Strange has been my favourite game of this generation, After Chapter 1 I couldn't put it down, finished it at 2am and was quite taken with it, so good call :)

I've recently made a few videos which cover sidequests and fun details about the game, so I thought I'd post them here :)

I've also been recently uploading Artwork from the Japanese guide, not seen much of it online so thought I'd post it somewhere, still getting to grips with Fandom but it seems to work

Back