Seems like I randomly stumbled into a Final Fantasy forum.

Pat_SG

Gil
Hi, people who, I would guess, have a similar passion to Final Fantasy and RPG as I do. I come in peace to socialize with you in these times and hopefully have fun with a bunch of nice people!. I play a bit of everything that doesn't include sports and MMO (but I know I would get addicted to XIV) and on the side of the series as a whole, 've played all of the mainline non-MMO titles. Some of them are good and bad in both the old and the newer ones, and VII Remake is awesome!
Nice to meet you all! :)

Howdy!

Do you have any favourite FF games in particular?

I've personally never gotten into an MMO - mostly due to the subscription fee but also because I like to have a main character that's written into the experience rather than a blank/created character - The majority of my favourite games feature main character driven stories. I even struggle with JRPGs which have silent Protagonists, i got through Persona 3 but that might be the only one I think i've played.

Glad you liked the VII Remake - I'm very strange when it comes to remakes, while I enjoyed it I do see it as a massive indulgence. I'd personally be happy with a modern port updated to widescreen and a higher resolution. But I enjoyed the Remake very much and am interested to see where they take Part 2 and how they handle the world map...

Welcome to the forums :)

Heeey! Welcome to the forums!

Yeah, lots of us here you'll probably have no trouble relating to! I'm also interested in hearing about your favorite game. :D Lots of people have different ones that are their favorites of course!

I'm also not too big into the MMO scene but I've dabbled a bit. I've contemplated just diving into XIV but we'll see. I can relate on being worried about potentially getting addicted :tearjoy:

Glad to have a new member on the forum, I hope you hang out and stay a while! There's a few events going on for Halloween at the moment that you can find over in the Blitzball stadium that you're more than welcome to participate in. Otherwise I look forward to seeing you post around the forums! Let someone know if you need any help!

Welcome to the forum! :argor:

I personally love FFXIV. My approach to the game is quite different from anyone else I know. I play it as if I was playing a regular FF game instead of as a social experience. I don't bother much with gathering resources or mining or levelling up any jobs that aren't my main job. Instead I focus on the quests and the story. I don't spam the same dungeon over and over unless I really need better gear to progress. I don't think I could really do all of the extraneous stuff. There's simply too much content! But the main story quests and a number of excellent sidequests are actually very fantastic. The Heavensward and Shadowbringers expansions in particular are considered by many to be two of the best Final Fantasy games ever.

The silent protagonist aspect that Vivi-Gamer refers to is a bit of a downside for a long time, but you get used to it. And the player character is starting to get a story too. And an intriguing one at that.

I'm glad you are a fan of the other mainline entries, and that you've enjoyed the FFVII Remake. It has been a brilliant experience playing that game. I'd like to attempt hard mode one day.

I hope you enjoy the site. We're a friendly bunch. If you need a hand with anything, don't hesitate to ask.

Welcome to the forum!

Personal favourites are definitely FF7 OG and the Remake. I’ve also played XIV for a long time, but due to a lot of people I played with stopping I kinda fell off too.

I miss it to this day, but it was definitely more the social aspect for me that made it worth the upkeep. Who knows, maybe one day I’ll resub again.

If you have any questions regarding the site feel free to let us know!

Well, the only thing I can say about XIV, except that apparently the story is great, is that the soundtrack is absolutely magnificent across the board. Even outside the pandemic, I work home, and I often just let that playlist go for a few weeks, as it's just gigantic!
As for the best/worst, my absolute worst is the original II (with Firion), followed by VIII and XIII, but I can aknowledge some good points about them, mainly their world and some good ideas. Bests are 9, followed by VI and VII, maybe also throw in X in there, once in a while, when I forget the mini-games exist. I started playing with IV when VI came out, and the 90's were such a great time to become a Final Fantasy fan.
I thought that after the XIII trilogy, XV was a step in the right direction, but far from perfect, and I can't wait to see XVI and VIIR Part 2 see where they go with a most likely more open world.

Hi, people who, I would guess, have a similar passion to Final Fantasy and RPG as I do. I come in peace to socialize with you in these times and hopefully have fun with a bunch of nice people!. I play a bit of everything that doesn't include sports and MMO (but I know I would get addicted to XIV) and on the side of the series as a whole, 've played all of the mainline non-MMO titles. Some of them are good and bad in both the old and the newer ones, and VII Remake is awesome!
Nice to meet you all! :)
Hey! Welcome! Glad to have you here it’s a great time discussing our final fantasy love!

Back