RP Mentor Discussion Thread

Hera Ledro

FFF's resident Furry novelist
Veteran
Gil
This is where the Mentors can discuss their tactics for helping members, as well as welcoming other mentors.

Post ONLY material relating to the Mentorship Program here, please. General discussions can have their own threads, but this one is designed specifically for the mentors. Any non-mentors posting in this thread will be warned for spam, and their posts shall be deleted.

Mentor Applicants

Contra Fates (Kendra)
Red XIII (Hera Ledro; Jon)
Faith
Loveless (Val)
professor13
Ness (Justin)

Glad to have you all on board :monster: Welcome to the team, mateys!

Last edited by a moderator:
I have decided on a few changes for the Mentorship program. I have not been able to fully discuss these with Throttle yet, so I will only discuss the ideas I feel are most important:

I have changed the 'Approved Mentor' list, to 'Mentorship Applicants,' my reasoning for this, is I feel that the application process may have been a bit too simple and linear. I am overjoyed to see so many people interested in being Mentors. Although, I wish to give applicants a test, to fully insure that they are qualified to be a Mentor for their desired areas.

I would like to create a thorough test for each Applicant, that will be done privately, through Private Message. I feel that doing the test privately will insure it's quality, since the applicants will not know what the questions might be. The test will likely focus in on specific areas of their chosen topics. After the test has been completed, Throttle and I will score the test, and will decide from there if the applicant will be approved as a Mentor.

Being a mentor is a very important role, because they will be in charge of nurturing and encouraging the talent of new or improving RPers to grow.

As for other questions about the Mentor program, please address them in this thread. I have heard some great ideas already, but as mentioned earlier, I wish to discuss them with Throttle first, before any decisions are made on those topics.

Aye, I am in concurrence with this. While it is absolutely amazing that we've had so many applicants, the application doesn't quite scream "TEACHER MATERIAL."

Once the tests have been administered, Contra and I will have a looksee. If you get accepted, great, if not, that's fine too; it just means that your talents may not lie in the RP Training areas. Being a good RPer doesn't necessarily mean you can teach people how to RP.

Aw yeah, I think those are all completely acceptable. I mean we can't have everyone teaching, we'd wind up with no students any students we do have might not learn things properly.

I certainly don't want to end up asking a Mentor a question and winding up being told.. "uhh... throw it?" or something. >.< That would be awful. Though I do think it would be a nice idea for Mentors to quiz one another and talk with one another on certain subjects. You know; so everyone can see from different perspectives.

I will be a harsh and strict mentor! *cracks whip* Nah, I'll try to be nice, but strict!

I'm starting to piece together the test, so Mentor Applicants can expect to receive the test in their PM box within a week.

Well, I'm still sorta wondering about my question

EDIT:
Also, how will it work when multiple mentors have the same "tab"

Say, Myself and Dkight have "Magic & Abilities"
How will it be chosen who will be the mentor for a student in magic?

Will it be the first one to go "I'll take him" Or is it a system where the student chooses the mentor?
Or perhaps the mods choose, based on there knowledge of the mentors areas of expertise.

I assume that this might be a part of your "test" so see who's better at which tab, and from there, perhaps some will be appointed Character creation only, or something simmilar.

I'm mainly using this post as a reminder, and hope that it will be explained at a later date. ^^

Jon and I are still trying to figure out just how the Mentor-system will be done.

So far, we plan to split the Dojo into 4 areas: Introductory Training, Story Training, Battle Training, and Tutorials.

There will likely be a 'Mentor List,' listing all of the Mentors and what areas they mentor in, so members have the choice of choosing a Mentor.

We will also have an area where members can introduce themselves, and what areas they'd like improvement in. From there, a Mentor can choose who they will mentor.

As for the test, I'm still working on it. The test is just to assure myself and Hera, that our Mentors will be ready and able to train. There may be some instances where Mentors do not get all of their chosen areas, but it shouldn't be too common.

Notice:
I am sending out the Mentor Program tests to those that have applied for the positions, via private messages.

If you have any questions regarding the test, please feel free to PM me.

To any of those interested in signing up to be a Mentor, you are more than welcome to do so. =)

I see/hear that we're lacking in Mentors for the Battle schools. If one of you (Kendra/Jon) would kindly send me the battle-related tests (Battle Basics, Magic and Abilities, Combat and Abilities) I'll try to get myself certified for those. =)

I see/hear that we're lacking in Mentors for the Battle schools. If one of you (Kendra/Jon) would kindly send me the battle-related tests (Battle Basics, Magic and Abilities, Combat and Abilities) I'll try to get myself certified for those. =)

We certainly appreciate the help! I'll send you the test for those sections. =)

Ness said:

You have no idea how much I appreciate that :'( I'm a good RPer, but even I can't handle that many students at once.

...Not at the moment, anyways >__>

Nice to know that we'll be teaching students very soon! Finally, time to get some new blood ... erm, I mean life in this place!

Bella Cullen said:
Nice to know that we'll be teaching students very soon! Finally, time to get some new blood ... erm, I mean life in this place!

Oh, I quite agree :devil2: I haven't pierced my eyeteeth on student flesh since Julius. It'll be...refreshing :devil2:

Danny!!! Did you read my test answers to see if I'm approved for Battle stuff? I need to take the battle basics and character creation ones but yeah, just wondering.

Any word on a possible section for us Mentors to get together and discuss class procedures and lesson plans?

I was under the impression that this was the thread for that. In any case, I agree that it is essential for us to have some collaboration concerning curriculum and shared students. For those of us that have common vassals... er, students... I believe PMing would suffice. However, whether it takes place in this thread or another, an open discussion of course planning and implementation is a must, in my opinion.

PMing is probably the best way for me at the moment, considering IM is messing up right now.

PMing is probably the best way for me at the moment, considering IM is messing up right now.

This is also an answer to professor13.
We have been given approval for a private sub-forum for the Mentors to talk in. I should have it created today, so once I do, I'll PM the Mentors the password.

YAY!!! It's like a secret club!!! The password could be 'girls drool' or something like...! Oh wait... Crap, I'm not in elementary school anymore! What's wrong with me?! Everyone please accept my apology for my lack dignity.

The password should be 'females salivate excessively.'

Back