Review of Final Fantasy 3 Remake

Sasukexbox

Gil
I wrote this review on Steam. Which is probably best way i could explain few problems. I have overall hate love relationship with that game. But i am finally now playing Shadow the Hedgehog :)
Kind of have quit playing FF3 recently

"""For PC/Android or iOS i will give this a 4/10 rating
For PSP/DS i will give it a 8/10 rating

One main problem with PC/Android and iOS is they dont do exactly anything new with the remake? With this day and age. If they were to for example have a 3D Camera angle, the same way Final Fantasy 7, Mario 64 or Croc has. Then i think this could be an overall enjoyable game. But i will give this a positive rating. Mainly because Square Enix put extra effort to make this a good port. But one flaw with this rerelease on PC and Android is its very flat and lackluster as compared to DS and PSP where it tried the best it could. And i will otherwise not recommend playing this game on PC/Android or iOS. (Exception is if Square were to update it again)

PSP/DS however is something that i would recommend. Because DS for its time was impressive to what it could do on a limited 3D graphics handheld. And it has shadows that falls and is mostly crafted the best. But PSP, while it couldnt do anything new, it was still 2012 and it could only do this much with the PSP technology. But with the inclusion of Auto Battle and "original soundtrack" there was still an attempt to do something there. So they are overall the only version of this remake i recommend.

If you want to play this remake, i basically recommend DS or PSP. And not PC/Android or iOS. Its up to you! But since this is not a bad port either. I will give this review a positive review!"""

I am suffering a Mandela effect right now...
I knew about the DS port and presumed there had been other ports since, but I had no idea there was a PSP port for this game. FFIII has been the only mainline Final Fantasy I have never played with my own hands (I have only seen clips and read a lot about it). To think that I could be playing it on a console I still own... Well, I probably shouldn't let it get away for much longer.

I have no idea how I didn't know it was out on PSP. It is as if I have slipped into an alternate dimension. Maybe I simply stopped looking into it after a while and I let it slip. :argor:

Thanks for the review! This game is an important one for the franchise (and continues to influence it going forward). I might look into seeing if the PSP one is still available somewhere. If it is PSN only then I'm probably doomed as I doubt that'll still work on PSP.

I am suffering a Mandela effect right now...
I knew about the DS port and presumed there had been other ports since, but I had no idea there was a PSP port for this game. FFIII has been the only mainline Final Fantasy I have never played with my own hands (I have only seen clips and read a lot about it). To think that I could be playing it on a console I still own... Well, I probably shouldn't let it get away for much longer.

I have no idea how I didn't know it was out on PSP. It is as if I have slipped into an alternate dimension. Maybe I simply stopped looking into it after a while and I let it slip. :argor:

Thanks for the review! This game is an important one for the franchise (and continues to influence it going forward). I might look into seeing if the PSP one is still available somewhere. If it is PSN only then I'm probably doomed as I doubt that'll still work on PSP.
The PSP version came out significantly late on the PSP lifespan. Most people didn't know unless you were an avid PSP owner.

Back