Accessory (Head)
FFXIV
Polyphemos Bromios
FFXIV Server
Moogle
Free Company
KupoCon
Polyphemos Bromios 22_11_2019 20_48_48  3.jpg

I hate it when Final Fantasy XIV gives you things to read in dungeons.

I love the story and find the detail that Square Enix have included in the world to be nothing short of incredible. That said, while forcing my way through a dungeon, when I encounter a book or a note on the floor (and it even glitters to grab my attention), I’d be really tempted to read them and absorb all of the lore. Some of them are well-written and reveal quite a lot (be it about your current situation in the story, or additional fascinating information about the area), whereas others are simply funny.
Yet when I click on them and find not only one box of information to read but maybe three, four, or more. By the time I've read one box, everyone else in the party has ran ahead, understandably, though this is a concern when I am meant to be their tank!

For the sake of the patience of the rest of the team, for the rest of the dungeon I have to skip all of these books and notes... Repeat all of the above for every dungeon which includes reading material.

So, I ask, is there a place to read all of this stuff online elsewhere? Does this annoy anyone else?

I've found that FFXIV can be poorly documented on the internet where resources are concerned, so I hope some wise person somewhere has made a note of all of this.

the only solution I could give you is to run those dungeons solo unsynced OR go back after you defeat the final boss with your party to read everything :lew: haven't found any of that info online or in the encyclopaedia eorzea books :bored:

Thanks. :argor:

I might give replaying some dungeons a go if I can be bothered. My issue these days is that it takes me ages to wait to play any dungeon.

I didn't even know I could do some dungeons solo, so I'll have to look into that. I only ever use the duty finder. I'll probably be too weak to solo a dungeon such as the Great Gubal Library and Fractal Continuum though. There's some reading material there that I might have to return to only after eating my body's weight in spinach....

The other method (running backwards through the dungeon after clearing it) might be safer. So long as monsters don't respawn or my party and I haven't left any behind.

It makes me wonder why they bothered putting reading material like this in dungeons. I love the stuff, but the timing is inappropriate!

Back