Random Black Spot?

xIntegrityx

Ex-Soldier
Gil
So I went to my friends house today for a little band practice, and he was playing FFIX. I had played this game multiple times, and beat it. We were cruising around in the Invincible, and we came across this random black circle in the center of the map, in the water. It moved a few pixels, very slowly, back and forth. It was a little bigger than the airship. It was nowhere in a strategy guide, so I thought I'd ask about it on here. Screenshots are on his phone, and he doesn't have text msging... v.v So I'll try to get some soon.

I'll try to get some pics asap. It wasn't the ships shadow, it was much larger than that. I'm thinking a glitch. But my friend thinks it's something else. -shrugs- But yeah, I'll get the pics as soon as I can.

I think I know what you mean. I can't recall where I saw this at, but I remember seeing a shadow like that before now that I think back.
It wasn't really black though for me though. It LOOKED like a shaddow, but the way it moved was really curious. o_O
I first saw it after you board the invincible when you leave Terra.

It's the location of the Chocobo's Air Garden. You need a gold chocobo and to go to that spot, and I think you need to use a dead pepper to enter the garden.

The garden's where Ozma is, iirc.

I find spots like that, sometimes on land. Never knew it was the Air Garden tho, Does it change locations then?

Omg. Stupid stupid stupid.
I totally forgot about the chocobo's air garden! >_<
lol.

Ah yes, I remember this now. And it was on the guide, I believe. Otherwise I wouldn't have found that black spot and entered it in the first place. I always followed what the guide said. I had to do some leveling up before I could beat the boss though. >.<

It was only until fairly recently (like in the past months) that I really realized that those black shadows were for the Air Gardens. I never gave much thought to Chocobo Hot and Cold before (despite the fact that you can get great equipment earlier in the game, not to mention a lot of Summoner gems and other stuff). Nowadays it's one of my major focuses when I start up new games.

Still...I've never fought Ozma...
Never completed the Friendly Monster quest...

I just recently fought Ozma... Pretty tough battle! Took me about 30 tries, but hey I got there in the end!

i did it without the frendly monster quest (im not givin my precious gems away) it is more of a random battle since his meateor attack is the only problem (it does 1- 9999 damage)

Back