[ps4] problems with save compatibility

pocan

Gil
Please keep in mind that I live in Brazil, so things are difficult for the public gamer.

Everything started in 2017 when my mother won a scholarship and went to Spain, I had a money saved, so I asked her to buy a ps4 slim 1tb and some games, since at the time compensated to buy one out of the country.

She bought the console, final fantasy xv - day one edition and some other games (and at the time I had problem with the code of one of them and you guys did not help me much ...)

I created two accounts in the psn, one is "brazilian region" (which is the account I use) and an "europe region" (where I used to download the contents of some games, including ffxv code of Masamune, and the account that I let my older sister play)

In the last blackfriday (November 2018) I decided to buy Final Fantasy Royal Edition in a very famous virutal bookstore here in the country (Submarino), because I was dying to play the episodes of Prompto, Ignis and Gladio, and because it compensated more buy the royal edition than all they separately, and came with more content, in which I loved

In addition to coming without the code to add here in my square account, I could not transport my save from 'day one' to the 'royal'. The ps4 does not recognize as the same game, and I now have two ffxv installed but one has the extra content and the other my save.

It would be very simple to just start from the beginning, but my save has a little more than 20 hours, and for anyone who is in an animation college, being able to play a game for that amount of time and a victory.

After entering some forums I discovered that most they were not with both copies updated, so that's what I did. I updated both to version 1.28, but I still can not play.

Is it because of one version being from europe and the other from brazil? Or update problem? Can even be some problem of my ps4, I do not know, I'm just sad, I finally went on vacation and I can not play

I can send photos, videos, whatever it takes, but I do not want to have to start from scratch, It has taken me so long to get here.

I know I wrote a huge text, I'm sorry for that, but I'm legitimately upset with all this situation, I waited so long to face a wall.

I'm sorry if I wrote something incorrect, English is not my native language

ps: I can take photos if this helps

I didn't know the answer to this, so I did a bit of research.

Apparently owning the Royal Edition is treated like having DLC installed, so it should still be reading your base game saves.

It is possible that the thing which is throwing you off is the regional stuff. Are both versions of the game downloaded with the same regional account? Where was your base game save file saved? Had you been playing FFXV on your own side of the system, or had you been using your sister's European account?

I'd suspect that this has something to do with using two accounts for different regions but attempting to play the same game with all content between them.

If you have photos which you think might help, post them and we'll see if we can.

Yeah, I'd assume it's a problem with the region difference between the games. While PS4 games themselves don't have any region locking, often times the files for the games are incompatible between regions. I myself found that out a few years ago when my brother bought me a copy of Gran Turismo 5: Academy Edition, which came with a bunch of DLC. But since it was the European version, and my existing GT5 file was a US version, it didn't actually see the file. Probably has to do with something like language option preferences or something that are often stored differently between regions, and therefore, the file would appear foreign to the newly installed version of the game.

The good thing if I recall though, is that the DLC packs mostly don't utilize your existing characters; they use pre-leveled version of the characters specific to the DLC itself. So as long as it doesn't require you to have reached a certain part in the story to access the DLC, most of it should be available to you immediately without you having access to your file.

Back