Playstation Memory Card Help

!LIBERTINE

Gil
Today i decided to replay final fantasy nine as it was the first i got. And my memory card will not let me save. It's not a playstation two card, it's an old memory card which worked fine before. I'm not sure if maybe it doesn't format onto the playstation slim line model which i got to replace the broken PS2.
Do i need a new memory card or is it just the playstation slimline won't format old memrory cards.

The slimline can play PS games. But have you checked your memory card's space capacity?

There's nothing on there. I tryed to format it in the setup menu but it says "cannot format card - formatting failed"

I don't know anything but

Good luck finding an old memory card for PS. You can't save a PS file in a PS2 memory card.

I suggest you download an emulater with FFIX in it :D

I think your memory card might be goosed. Mine work fine on my slimline altho 1 of them did just stop loading stuff. I blame it on overuse and old age..... :(

if you go to a shop like gamestation or Game they m,ight have PS1 memory cards for like 2-3 pound or somthing

To the best of my knowledge, it's extremely rare encountering a compatibility issue between a PS1 memory card and PS2 consoles (All) as I've only heard of this problem once and that was several years ago with a certain manufacturer - who's no longer in business.

Anyway, it's more likely your memory cards messed up or dead then a compatibility problem.

Back