Accessory (Head)
FFXIV
Polyphemos Bromios
FFXIV Server
Moogle
Free Company
KupoCon
Polyphemos Bromios 28_08_2021 23_23_37.jpg

Ever wandered around Limsa Lominsa, or anywhere else, and then stopped to listen to live performers doing a concert of some sort? The bard class enables players to perform music and sometimes crowds do gather (especially when groups of bards get together and form a sort of band). You might find people playing Final Fantasy music, classical music, Kingdom Hearts music, pop music, Rickrolls, and so on...

This has enabled a rather unique social experience for the Final Fantasy franchise.

But music is only one form of performance. Sometimes you might find dancing troupes, sometimes backed by bards, but the focus has shifted to the choreography of the dancers instead.

I didn't see this one myself, or anything like it, but saw this video of it. Excellent choreography both of the performers in the foreground dancing and the musicians behind.

I know on the Diabolos server there is also an arts charity called 'A Stage Reborn' which, as a small part of what they do, occasionally puts on theatrical performances. And by this I mean entire plays, including Final Fantasy's plays (FFIX's 'I Want to be Your Canary' and the FFVI opera) as well as Shakespeare.

The closest I have been to witnessing anything as grand as a play was KupoCon's murder mystery event for Halloween this year, but I only caught the end of it. That was an interactive performance of sorts, where there were people 'acting' with prepared roles, pretending to get murdered, detectives interviewing suspects, etc, whilst the audience watched and tried to solve it as well.

So has anybody else stumbled upon a performance of any kind (bard music, dance, play, and so on) which stuck out from all the rest? Any that made you stop what you were doing and listen/watch/cheer?

Back