OST what is it?

Gil
FFXIV
Boram Kat. He's retired.
FFXIV Server
Odin
sup guys and gals.

kinda new here, but since i couldn't find any way to contact someone @ square for some score related questions, I am choosing this platform to ask any of you well informed.
Its about the OST at Deling City Parade. Edea's inauguration. The Track is called "fithos vecos wusec vinosec" (in germany we call that form of intelligence a "Vordrängler", btw.)
and you may listen to either the no intro version or the other in your gamefiles, the ogg folder. the original ps1 version. the intro version @1:38, what's that instrument called?
it seems essential to the summoning of this ritual. I myself percieve this particular sequence as a mirror of the witches intelligence. her essence. so what's that instrument called? ^^

and that's my question. interesting sidefacts I'd like to point out: how bizarre that the crowd started cheering after Deling died.
the dancer on the parade started dancing shortly after. there was no presence of consented authority anymore... the dance was a form of summoning. they were bound to Edea as means of an organic union much like the copies in FF7. an extension of her will. watch the videofile disk0, 24,
the way the dancer swings his upper torso in its entirety. it resembles the way marc rebillet(just a big jerk btw) performs in his videos, and by doing so they drain the finesse of their bystanders.

and shame on SQEN on how they butchered the title with the remaster! ridiculous! I hate that R3 button! had to uninstall, even! Further: someone else noticed how parts of the dialogue and even some of the NPC's(!?dafuq?) are simply missing? It breaks our perception... It makes us less smart. ...I do assume that at least subconciously, we all would feel that this title doesn't try to engage us as much as it used to.

Don't play it, I'd recommend. The 2013 version with the Roses and Wine patch is still the best version of the game. (and ps1 ^^)

and many many cheers to youse guys and gals,
keep up the website, forums like these are a haven of tranquility, which our society falsely condemns.

Pascal Lindner, 25, Germany

Its about the OST at Deling City Parade. Edea's inauguration. The Track is called "fithos vecos wusec vinosec" (in germany we call that form of intelligence a "Vordrängler", btw.)
Vordrängler. I like that word! :)

and you may listen to either the no intro version or the other in your gamefiles, the ogg folder. the original ps1 version. the intro version @1:38, what's that instrument called?
it seems essential to the summoning of this ritual. I myself percieve this particular sequence as a mirror of the witches intelligence. her essence. so what's that instrument called? ^^

I’m not certain about the particular instrument so I’ll ask about on your behalf. There are quite a few people here who are musically minded and might be able to help.

Just so that I know we're all referring to the same part, I'll post a YouTube version.

Where in that does the sound begin? Is it the part at 1:43 or is it earlier?

and that's my question. interesting sidefacts I'd like to point out: how bizarre that the crowd started cheering after Deling died.
the dancer on the parade started dancing shortly after. there was no presence of consented authority anymore... the dance was a form of summoning. they were bound to Edea as means of an organic union much like the copies in FF7. an extension of her will. watch the videofile disk0, 24,
the way the dancer swings his upper torso in its entirety. it resembles the way marc rebillet(just a big jerk btw) performs in his videos, and by doing so they drain the finesse of their bystanders.

I'm not certain about the swinging part which you refer to but I've heard it said that they deliberately based some of the performers’ actions on Michael Jackson’s Thriller dance. Square Enix would soon later do the same thing as a more obvious bonus spoof video on the DVD extras of Final Fantasy: The Spirits Within, so they clearly loved using the Thriller dance as a way to show off the moves they could render.

A dance like that is fairly appropriate for the summoning of spooky, horrible fiends and familiars, etc. Performers and audience alike have clearly lost their minds by this point. They have no individual wills and desires and only appear to exist to idolise and legitimise Edea's reign of terror. The fact that this scene follows the sudden public execution of the president is extraordinary. It could well be that the dances and music performed at the parade somehow help to maintain the spell which Edea/Ultimecia has cast over them.

That's an interesting way of looking at it, so thanks a lot for presenting this fascinating angle!

someone else noticed how parts of the dialogue and even some of the NPC's(!?dafuq?) are simply missing? It breaks our perception... It makes us less smart. ...I do assume that at least subconciously, we all would feel that this title doesn't try to engage us as much as it used to.

I still haven’t played the Remaster so I was unaware of any missing NPCs and dialogue. That really sucks! :sad2:

and many many cheers to youse guys and gals,
keep up the website, forums like these are a haven of tranquility, which our society falsely condemns.

Pascal Lindner, 25, Germany

Thank you for your kind words. :) We really try our best.

And on that note, welcome to the forums! The pleasure is ours to have you here.

its at 3:06.
like a surge of energy.

am happy to hear your point of view as well. I'll look into thriller later on.

very fond of the quick reply :)

It almost sounds like a Zither or something similar maybe. :hmm:

Yeah. It sounds like a stringed instrument like that. It uses the classic trick of running the fingers over all of the strings in order to create a dreamy transition, followed by a sharp and dramatic melody.

I suppose the dreamy aspect could also be achieved on the piano, but since this track was likely using synth effects anyway (since Nobuo is big on those and that is fairly standard for VGM) everything we hear isn't organic instrumentation anyway but a rendition of sounds and styles.

If this is a rendering of an instrument like a zither, a cithara, or some other stringed instrument, that would be quite appropriate in the context of Edea's parade with its combination of a celebration of the arts with a ritualistic procession. The crowds are being wowed by the spectacle whilst they are being led to the slaughter.

most definitely. I already had zither, but i didn't come up with that particular variation.
It's an indian sitar. I believe its two voiced, and the second is a flute. Very much appreciated. ^^

Back