Old School Gamer, New Forum Visitor, Thoughts on FFVII!!

jdesi1993

Gil
Hello internet world, you and I both have one thing in common. That is, a love for this game series. I, particularly enjoyed FFVII the most, and although many disagree, my second favorite was FFVIII.

I am here because I downloaded FF7 on my iPhone through the emulator. Beat it once normally, played the game like a million times. After an easy playthough, I wanted to try and get at this game with a challenge.

So okay, I am currently attacking FF7 using Initial Equipment, No Armor, No ACC, and no Items. Simply leveling and Materia, should be pretty easy still, but it's a fun enough challenge.

Pretty much, its 2017, people like myself are still having a blast with this old ps1 game, thankfully it got onto iOS (still waiting for FF8). I just wanted everyone elses thoughts, especially since the much anticipated remake is on it's way. I've just been messing around with FF7 since I was a really young kid and I'm 23 now lol..

Welcome, fellow FFVII fan :D

Now that I think about it, I don't think I've ever done any challenge runs of VII, despite beating it dozens of times. I've done challenge versions of bosses like Emerald Weapon, but never the whole game. I was planning on doing a bosses only run on the PS4 when I pick that version up though, since you can turn random encounters off.

I also tried a no stat Junction run of VIII once, but quickly got swept up in other games. Maybe I'll try that one as well sometime.

I never done any of those "challenge" things in every game, a solo character or a low level or speed race or whatever, mainly because there is soooo much in this game I just enjoy it every time I pick it up, fighting the weapons, getting items, doing Yuffie's sidequest. etc. I feel like that for many RPG's though where I just like to experience the whole thing over again.

Strangely enough, I've always tried low level speed challenges on my very first run of the game to plough through the story. Then only after, do I attempt at collecting and completing it 100%, through various playthroughs. I guess the story is usually just too good to get distracted by some minor sidequest on initial run. Haven't played 15 yet though...

Hello internet world, you and I both have one thing in common. That is, a love for this game series. I, particularly enjoyed FFVII the most, and although many disagree, my second favorite was FFVIII.

I am here because I downloaded FF7 on my iPhone through the emulator. Beat it once normally, played the game like a million times. After an easy playthough, I wanted to try and get at this game with a challenge.

So okay, I am currently attacking FF7 using Initial Equipment, No Armor, No ACC, and no Items. Simply leveling and Materia, should be pretty easy still, but it's a fun enough challenge.

Pretty much, its 2017, people like myself are still having a blast with this old ps1 game, thankfully it got onto iOS (still waiting for FF8). I just wanted everyone elses thoughts, especially since the much anticipated remake is on it's way. I've just been messing around with FF7 since I was a really young kid and I'm 23 now lol..
Hello new comer! Welcome to Final Fantasy Forum! I see that you are a Final Fantasy VII fan. I am also a big fan of it. I have beaten the game back in 2004. It is my personal favorite game from the series. I haven't done any challenges yet because I wasn't interested on doing them back then. Glad to see another fan of this classic game. Hope that you enjoy the forum and stay active.

Back