Build-A-Member
Accessory (Head)
FFXIV
Polyphemos Bromios
FFXIV Server
Moogle
Free Company
KupoCon
On May 25th (why not May 4th?!) Obi-Wan Kenobi will start streaming on Disney+.

Here is its first trailer:

Thoughts?

While it might be yet another Star Wars story set on Tatooine, I have always said that Ewan's Kenobi was one of the strongest aspects of the prequel trilogy, so I'm all for this. The use of music in this trailer certainly hits the nostalgia chords too.

Besides, it looks like we'll see other places too.

I think this looks rather good. I've always really wanted a "Kenobi" story - why they made that Han Solo film instead will continue to baffle me - but we got it eventually. I'm eager for Hayden Christensen's return and some FORCE SHIT to happen afterwards so that'll be cool.

While this would naturally feature Tatooine in it, of course it would, at this point the setting really needs to go away for a while. Maybe that "High Republic" era set of films will give us some other worlds? Here's hoping.

Something I _am_ worried about, after the fact that Boba Fett didn't really feature in two of the episodes of his own series, is that there's a lot of _other_ stuff happening in the trailer. Hopefully they focus on Kenobi over setting up other shows (which is what Mando Season 2 felt like at times, with the fact we got like... 3 or 4 other shows based on people who showed up in there!

I'm also not looking forward to explaining the Inquisitors to my family who've never seen Rebels, played Fallen Order or consumed any other Star Wars content. They'll look at me like I've got two heads.

May 25 will be the 45th anniversary of A New Hope. Which is where we originally saw Luke.. and OB1. Not an accident.

May 25 will be the 45th anniversary of A New Hope. Which is where we originally saw Luke.. and OB1. Not an accident.

This makes a lot of sense. I didn't realise the significance of the date!

They have planned it very well then.

Also I read somewhere that they had planned to bring back Ray Park's Darth Maul (which would have made a lot of sense due to the animated series and also Solo), but they decided to cut it instead.

Yeah, Maul would have been a stretch. Maul hated Kenobi, but the inquisitors were chasing him too and he didn't discover Kenobi was on Tatooine until Rebels. They would have had to cross paths on other worlds and that would have been too scattered. I could see a cameo or something, but not a regular.

Yeah, Maul would have been a stretch. Maul hated Kenobi, but the inquisitors were chasing him too and he didn't discover Kenobi was on Tatooine until Rebels. They would have had to cross paths on other worlds and that would have been too scattered. I could see a cameo or something, but not a regular.

I haven't seen any of the animated shows, so I wasn't 100% on when Maul and Kenobi knew of each other being on Tatooine. If it was shortly before the scene where they fight (which I have seen on YouTube), then that definitely sounds like it would be a stretch to work Maul into the plot in any direct sense.

However, a cameo showing Maul doing his own Tatooine criminal enterpise/syndicate stuff (like in Solo) could have been a cool way to work the character in without having him clash with Obi or even know that Obi is about.

In a way, it could be quite refreshing that they aren't trying too hard to overload it with fan favourites if it doesn't help the plot. That could be a good sign that they've taken some sensible decisions.

Inb4 Jar Jar Binks is reintroduced....

May the Fourth be with you!

Here is the new trailer of Obi-Wan Kenobi releasing at the end of the month.

Uncle Owen's line about Obi-Wan’s track record with training Skywalkers is some heavy stuff… There are lots of interesting things that can be explored with this series, and Obi-Wan's feeling of guilt for what happened to Anakin and wishing to avoid the same fate for Luke could be a good angle to focus on.

Back