Help Need help triad card game??

EpicSquall73

Gil
Hey guys wass up 😃
I have serious problems beating key persons in card games as i am trying to get the lionheart.
Firstly i can’t beat that kid with mini mog this part of FF8 is making me crazy fir this is the worst as i try and try but loose, so please tell me is this kid beataböe with starter deck and ifrit or should i have some more like carded monsters?
I really need to beat those balamb card players, if i don’t care about beating those.
Can i still get the lionheart or do i need some of these cards for it later on?

Well if you care about your SeeD rank at all yes unrelated you your question, you may want to restart. Since you talked to the guy for your starter deck, I assume you talked to loads of npc's as well. That results in a lower score for one of your subjects of being scored on. Now to your question, I found the easiet way to get the mini-mog card from the boy is first to get the Zell and Quitis character cards first since they are easier to get as well. Zell can be gotten first from his mom after you get down your SeeD mission, and though can take a couple of tried a deck with Ifrit and 4 bombs, or Krysta's since it's a rare refine card work to get him. If you get the card ability first once you get Quezacotl after you fight Ifrit you can take as long as you want in the fire cave, this is the time you want to focus on getting those four bomb cards. So with those 5 in hand get Zell's card from his mom after your SeeD mission she will be in their house. After that you can focus on getting the Quitis card from one of three people that it randomly goes between them, they are the treepee's one will be in the classroom while two are in the cafeteria. I had the most luck in the cafeteria and challenging the black dude who sits in the back, just walk to the table he's at and challenge and then select the back one to challenge him. Now you will have a decent powered deck for most of the game and gathering your other cards like GF's and other character cards. So with your Ifrit, Zell, and Quitis, and two bombs or Krysta w/e getting the mini-mog from the jogging kid will be cake.

As to answer the last question of getting the Lionheart you don't need the cards to do so, yes they certainly make it easier but it's not needed. You can steal the needed admintine from a specific mech boss on disc 2 or admintosies themselves iirc correctly, but they need to be in the 60/70-100 range, which means so does Squall. You can get the Energy Crystals by stealing them from Elyones on disc 3 once the one city gets overrun with monsters after a very specific event. Your pulse ammo is also refined from said energy crystals. So yes, you can still get the Lionheart and refining some cards to get the items will speed it up, but also it's not needed.

ok thx
So if i understood you correct getting lionheart too early is no good for my seed rank?
Also if i understood i don`t need lionheart to fnish the game?
Or have i messed up by trying to win card games too early?
Best of wishes 😃

Last edited:
I've added a 'Help' tab to this thread to help with visibility.

I don't know enough about this to expand on what Soulcorruptor has said. I'm 99% sure that you don't need the weapon to complete the game. It is simply Squall's ultimate weapon and it is optional. The chance of getting it earlier on in the game is extremely optional and as far as I know it is a pain to attempt that.

If you just want to experience the game then you don't need to worry about this. But if you want this earlier on so that you can say that you have for prestige, then Soulcorruptor's advice is best as far as I am aware. Unless anyone else has other tips.

Thx Dionysos 😃
Well i never finishid the game on the ps1 so now i`m trying again but i do have card and card mod, and other abilities on my higher level save.
But if i can get the lionheart later on well that`s ok because trying to get it early on is a pain like playing cards i loose far more often than i win and that is a pain.
So if i can avoid card playing as much as i can that much better😃

Misunderstood getting Lionheart early won't affect SeeD rank at all, it's talking to npc's before finishing the SeeD mission. Any extra talking you initiate to talk to other npc's like the card guy is what lowers the scored of your Judgement I category I think. bumping into Selphie, talking to Quitis as you exit the garden, an then those two outside the fire cave won't hurt it, talking to Zell and Seifer while in the town square during the mission won't hurt it(I believe), any other person you talk with keeps lowering your score by 1.

Yeah you don't need Lionheart to finish the game it just helps make it loads easier.

Back