N o t . I n t e r e s t e d - A Cloud Strife Club

The Meddler said:
Arg! Lightning is not the female version of Cloud! :gonk: Lightning looks like she could be his sister, maybe. But personality wise they are like salt and pepper. :gonk:

Lightning, for one, actually made it to be a strong famous soldier, Cloud did not. Lightning is a lot more emotional, too. She slaps and gets all "hero" wayy too much.

I guess you'd have to play XIII to see how unlike they are.

XD I know, I was just teasing. ;)) They do more resemble siblings but then Nomura did say that Lightning was conceptualized as a female version of Cloud, so..... eh. I just like making jokes about it. ^_^

But I'd like to add that Lightning had the same kind of no-nonsense attitude that Cloud did. She just enforced it with her.... fist. I'd assume this is because she does not have the eerie glowing eyes, which MUST help with intimidation. How else would a 60-year-old shapeshifter/badass be brought into line by a 21-year-old that barely checks in at 5' 7"?

Go Cloud!

Of course not, he has no one to make babies with. :hal:

Well, there certainly would be if fangirls were allowed in...... ;))

Ugh, no, just...no. Cloud wouldn't make a kid defend themselves, Lightning took her problems out on a little kid, Hope, no hate on Lightning but Clouds a lot more mature than that; he might not get along with kids but he treats them well, Marlene, Denzel even 16 year old Yuffie, who he pretends to be scared of xD Bottom line, Cloud is adult enough to recognize a kid is a kid. Lightning, not so much >.>
Yes! That's it exactly. Cloud is very mature in that area of his personality while Lightning seems to let her problems/emotions bleed through far too much. :lew:

Ugh, I know, I mean did Zack even address Cloud by name in the Original game, when he taught him to do squats to ease motion sickness or whatever, in the Nibleheim flashback? I can't recall :hmmm:
No, he didn't. Other then the truck scene of them going to Midgar, he's only shown getting buddy-buddy with Cloud once. :/

I don't even think it was an original big part of his guilt >> If it was why wasn't Zack there in the promised land while Cloud asked for Aerith's forgiveness more than anything?
That! So much that. :gonk: Eh, like I said--I don't think Cloud feels guilty for his death in general, rather, he feels guilty that he was willing to let himself die, therefor rendering Zack's sacrifice for him pointless. :/

Yeah me too honestly xD
Glad we agree :lew:

I found some cool pics of Cloud :inlove:

Peaceeeee!
So serious D:
Blue tinted version
Tan tinted version

Dragon Mage said:
Well, there certainly would be if fangirls were allowed in...... ;))
I'm not even kidding, that's exactly what I was thing. :cali:

Here, gimme Cloud and I'll let you finally see Cloud havin' babies. :britt: they will be mine and his ofc. :cali:

Yes! That's it exactly. Cloud is very mature in that area of his personality while Lightning seems to let her problems/emotions bleed through far too much. :lew:

Yes, but then again Lightning is a big sister and isn't she like 20 or something, given Cloud too was that age in Final Fantasy VII he was just different, he went through more brutal and maturing shit than Light.

No, he didn't. Other then the truck scene of them going to Midgar, he's only shown getting buddy-buddy with Cloud once. :/

I thought so:hmmm:

That! So much that. :gonk: Eh, like I said--I don't think Cloud feels guilty for his death in general, rather, he feels guilty that he was willing to let himself die, therefor rendering Zack's sacrifice for him pointless. :/

Yush! I agree, too but I was just saying that Cloud didn't seem too depressed about Zack it was that one scene on his death hill and then he [besides when ACC added him in the Sephy battle] never showed again in Clouds prospective.

Anywho, thanks for those pictars! You always post great Cloud art, and art in general, you are quite a little fan-art hunter :tori:

The Meddler said:
I'm not even kidding, that's exactly what I was thing. :cali:

Here, gimme Cloud and I'll let you finally see Cloud havin' babies. :britt: they will be mine and his ofc. :cali:

Well, you know what they say about great minds! :griin:

And sadly, I cannot give you Cloud because you must wait for your birthday, which is in August, correct? ;)) Don't worry, it will be worth the wait!

In other news, I bought ACComplete last night, but I will not be able to watch it for about six months, because I can only play it on my PS3, and my PS3 needs a TV, and currently, all TV's are being cruelly monopolized by my family since my gma has been visiting for the last six months.

I am a sad panda. *snuggles up to Cloud fanart for comfort*

Yush! I agree, too but I was just saying that Cloud didn't seem too depressed about Zack it was that one scene on his death hill and then he [besides when ACC added him in the Sephy battle] never showed again in Clouds prospective.
Kinda strange if you ask me. :hmmm:

Anywho, thanks for those pictars! You always post great Cloud art, and art in general, you are quite a little fan-art hunter :tori:
Why thank you :inlove:

And sadly, I cannot give you Cloud because you must wait for your birthday, which is in August, correct? ;)) Don't worry, it will be worth the wait!
:jess:

In other news, I bought ACComplete last night, but I will not be able to watch it for about six months, because I can only play it on my PS3, and my PS3 needs a TV, and currently, all TV's are being cruelly monopolized by my family since my gma has been visiting for the last six months.

I am a sad panda. *snuggles up to Cloud fanart for comfort*
I haven't seen ACC fully yet. :hmmm: I want to though. :gonk:

Ugh, don't you guys hate the "Zack is better than Cloud" crap fans say nowadays. :hmph: I know we've probably discussed it before but, I'm seeing new hoards of fans going on about how Cloud stole everything from Zack! :facepaw:

Anyway, not sure if this has been asked yet but which do you prefer Cloud to use... his grunt army machine gun, buster sword, or his fusion swords? :hmmm:

Which do you prefer Cloud to use... his grunt army machine gun, buster sword, or his fusion swords?

Oh my gosh, do you even have to ask, ambidextrous Cloud for the win! I love seeing him use his left and right to slice and dice, its just so unbelievably cool, and a well thought out trait might I add -- Cloud being a lefty and a righty fits him though so that's probably why; BUT Cloud does look so cool holding a machine gun like on the poster of Before Crisis, just not as cool as he does with First Tsurugi/First Sword :inlove:

Zack can keep the Buster Sword :hmph:

CUTE FANARTTTTTTTTTTTT

http://lagunanojutsu.deviantart.com/art/Pie-for-the-Piggies-290405316

I can't help but think of Dean from Supernatural :gonk:
Tori said:
Oh my gosh, do you even have to ask, ambidextrous Cloud for the win! I love seeing him use his left and right to slice and dice, its just so unbelievably cool, and a well thought out trait might I add -- Cloud being a lefty and a righty fits him though so that's probably why; BUT Cloud does look so cool holding a machine gun like on the poster of Before Crisis, just not as cool as he does with First Tsurugi/First Sword :inlove:
I agree. There's something so wicked about Cloud being able to use two swords at once. :inlove: Plus! If I'm not mistaken, he's the only one in FF to duel-wield. :cali:

Tori said:
Hallelujur :hmph: I mean, I love seeing Cloud with the buster sword during VII, but I love how he has his own sword now, you know? Tsurugi is Cloud's thing and no one can take that from him now. :ryan:

Which do you prefer Cloud to use... his grunt army machine gun, buster sword, or his fusion swords?

I agree! I loved him in AC using both those buff arms to fight :inlove: The Buster was fine, but his new one is just sooooo :inlove:

And...I wouldn't mind seeing Cloud use a big machine gun once in a while. :britt:

I agree! I loved him in AC using both those buff arms to fight :inlove: The Buster was fine, but his new one is just sooooo :inlove:

And...I wouldn't mind seeing Cloud use a big machine gun once in a while. :britt:
Cloud does use a big gun, take that however you want. :mokken:

Also I agree I love Cloud with both swords but I think Fasuto Ken/First Sword his more his style rather than someone he was told to be, imo

The Meddler said:
CUTE FANARTTTTTTTTTTTT

http://lagunanojutsu.deviantart.com/...gies-290405316

I thought you meant cute as in "sexy", big fat let down, I hate you for this :sad3:

Its still an adorable fanart though, but why a piglet is there is beyond me, its still very adorable tho, that Chibi Cloud is so squishy and cute looking too :x3:

Hallelujur :hmph: I mean, I love seeing Cloud with the buster sword during VII, but I love how he has his own sword now, you know? Tsurugi is Cloud's thing and no one can take that from him now. :ryan:

They could easily retcon this though :sad3:

Also, the Fusion Swords FTW. Tori pretty much covered everything I had to say on that quarter. Ambidexterity is just so awesome, there's no beating it. ^___^ The fact that he's had almost NO TRAINING and can swing those two swords around around like a sexy beast.... mmmhmmm, I mean to tell ya! Possibly the coolest thing I've ever seen!

The Meddler said:
CUTE FANARTTTTTTTTTTTT

http://lagunanojutsu.deviantart.com/...gies-290405316

OMG

I thought of Dean too! XD That is adorkable. I'm totally saving that. I like that he's in his CC outfit too. Poor Cloudykins, didn't get very many pleasures in life and was dealt a bad hand, but at least he got some PIE!

I agree. There's something so wicked about Cloud being able to use two swords at once. :inlove: Plus! If I'm not mistaken, he's the only one in FF to duel-wield. :cali:
Alas, 'tis not so.

Reddas (FF12) used two wicked swords. But he was cool and a black guy. I think Cloud and him would've gotten along FAMOUSLY. :hyper:

Ugh, don't you guys hate the "Zack is better than Cloud" crap fans say nowadays. :hmph: I know we've probably discussed it before but, I'm seeing new hoards of fans going on about how Cloud stole everything from Zack!

Nah, that's just fallout from people playing CC first and THEN playing 7, or worse, not playing 7 at all. Their bias is to be expected I guess. From what I understand, it'd be really difficult to not root for/get attached to Zack. Poor bugger.

http://i1087.photobucket.com/albums/j477/FioreNeve/1003893.jpg
http://i1087.photobucket.com/albums/j477/FioreNeve/924926.jpg
http://i1087.photobucket.com/albums/j477/FioreNeve/900487-Copy.jpg
http://i1087.photobucket.com/albums/j477/FioreNeve/928567.jpg
http://i1087.photobucket.com/albums/j477/FioreNeve/984613.jpg
http://i1087.photobucket.com/albums/j477/FioreNeve/924929.jpg
http://i1087.photobucket.com/albums/j477/FioreNeve/2i6hx84.jpg

Fanart dump! Sort of, I really like some of them, and the others I gathered because maybe other members here would like them, some aren't really my taste [long eyelash Cloud, no thanks] there's also a shirtless Cloud in there, its not too bad in my opinion :lew:

Also here are some quick topics for everyone!

`What has shocked you most about Clouds Character(ever)?
`What do you regret most about Cloud?

http://s2.zerochan.net/600/43/27/1003893.jpg

When I first played the game (VII), the whole "fake memories" arc really surprised me. I was genuinely shocked to find that the Cloud I've gotten to know so well was actually a fake. It really makes you wonder, even to this day, how much of SOLDIER Cloud was real and how much was imaginary.

My biggest regret with Cloud was not spending the hours I could've to max out his level and abilities. I'm talking about equipping him with a ton of Counter materia, x4 cuts, etc. If we're talking about story-wise, my biggest regret is how Cloud turned out in Advent Children. All that work of him gaining confidence and strength... gone in the span of 2 years.

What has shocked you most about Clouds Character(ever)?

I think what shocked me most about Cloud's character would have to be that he was able to be so kind to Aerith when he met her, it was surprising because we had previously seen him tell people he didn't care what their names were, and then he was so rude and antisocial to all other people -- that was a shock but that's what I liked most about him personally, because that was the real Cloud (Not Interested etc.) and even though he was his whole self his true self was still there, which is also a shock :P
I think Clouds whole character had a great shock value, Dressing as a woman, his sort of fake past, being infused the Jenova cells, giving Sephiroth the Black materia and a lot of other things that escape me right now :gonk: He's just a really great Character all around.

Those are sooooooooooooooooo cool :ohoho:
Check theseeeeeeeeeee out:
http://29.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m0tf63FWHb1rrerkzo1_500.jpg
http://29.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lxrtdlfTLG1qgi0pqo1_500.jpg
http://28.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_ltl8scy4MX1qae7edo1_500.jpg

Also, I agree about Cloud being all of a sudden concerned with others after he fell from the reactor bridge. That was quite a shock, a good shock. But still a shock. Even Barret was surprised that Cloud was fighting to save someone else. :lew:

Let's see... :hmm: Besides him dressing as a woman to stop Aerith from going into the Don's mansion alone... I would have to say the biggest shock for me was...................... :hmmm: jeez, there's so many shocking things about him..................let's see.....

I got it! What shocked me most about Cloud was when he let Yuffie cry on his shoulder. That, to me, was just so sweet and adorable. He was a complete jerk to pretty much everyone but then this big dramatic loss hits him outta nowhere and he just breaks away into this caring guy. :gonk: I would have never ever imagined Cloud to be the type of guy that let someone cry on him(especially since this is the first and only time we see sucha thing), so seeing that was just so shocking. Q^Q It was nice to see him show some concern/sympathy for someone else. :ryan:

Like Alak, the fake memories really shocked me as well. I was never expecting that before and it was a really awesome twist to his character.

EDIT: I just realized that you didn't just mean FFVII. So I'll post what else shocked me in the rest of the compilation later.:ryan: I'm so lame. :facepaw:

What shocked me most about Cloud's character is how incredibly weak he is. As hero material, he'd probably be passed over in favor of a dog, like in those sappy Hallmark movies.

I mean, he isn't tall, or particularly dashing, not much of a socialite at all, barely opens his mouth (and not because he's a hardass, it's because he just doesn't have much to say) and I doubt he completed his GED. He doesn't really have any friends, and his lineage is nothing spectacular. He doesn't have a Dark Family Past, nor does he have power or ability that makes him special. In fact, he's a fairly weak guy, with low self-esteem who's easily manipulated by beautiful women (e.g. Aerith getting him in a dress) and would rather choose going to war than to tell a girl he had a crush on her.

From the start of the game, I thought yeah, he's a typical blowhard that can't live up to his name. But instead, he became an absolute badass, got himself a harem (that would be the fans) became totally cool, saved the world (3 times) and did it all with a funny haircut that would become mainstream. His own weaknesses are what make him such a great character: it makes him relate-able, and you want to see him win, despite the odds. I would NEVER have predicted him to become the character at the end of the game, from the character I saw at the beginning. And I think that's why he is so popular.

and would rather choose going to war than to tell a girl he had a crush on her.
He joined soldier to impress her. He believed that he wasn't good enough for the town(Tifa and her gang) so he went off to try and live up to other's expectations. I don't think he chose to join soldier as a cop out of his past feelings for her.

His own weaknesses are what make him such a great character: it makes him relate-able, and you want to see him win, despite the odds. I would NEVER have predicted him to become the character at the end of the game, from the character I saw at the beginning. And I think that's why he is so popular.
I could NOT agree more with you. :ryan:

Another thing that shocked me about Cloud was when he beat Aerith. That was so... unexpected. I would have never imagined in a gazillion years a lead FF character beating another character, let alone a female character. My jaw seriously dropped when I first saw the scene. I know it wasn't in his control to do it(and had Sephi not mind F'd him he would never have done it), but it was still so shocking. I know showing a guy beat a defenseless girl probably made the developers iffy on if it would be okay to show to American audiences, which only adds to the shock value. Not to mention, I never imagined a bodyguard would be controlled into hurting the one he's suppose to protect. :hmmm:

So yeah, hitting Aerith was shocking.

The Meddler said:
He joined soldier to impress her. He believed that he wasn't good enough for the town(Tifa and her gang) so he went off to try and live up to other's expectations. I don't think he chose to join soldier as a cop out of his past feelings for her.

Well, okay, I see what you mean. Basically, the point stands -- he'd rather go to war than to have a heart-to-heart with people he's been living with or nearby his entire life. xD Kinda like how fear of death is the fifth greatest fear while fear of public speaking is #1. So people would rather die than speak in front of others. Like that. If you catch my drift.

He's also incredibly shy, which I find absolutely adorkable! :jess: Oooh, it makes me just wanna huggle him and squee a lot.

So! Next line of questioning!

We know dresses are out of the question, but do you think Cloud would wear a kilt?

I say yes.

Because why not!

:awesome:

Um...I think it would be his caring side :3

You really don't expect it, how you are meant to think he is all tuff and grrrr but how he eventually opens up. In the beginning he isn't really a leader, and he's very closed and distant. Later on he's giving pep talks to the group, being a leader, and really caring about the other members and the planet. Cloud you such a softie :ari:
We know dresses are out of the question, but do you think Cloud would wear a kilt?

Cloud + Kilt + Wind = :ohoho:

Pure Win :ryan:

`What do you regret most about Cloud?

I do not understand the question :gonk: I'm taking this question either as what do I regret not doing with Cloud during gameplay or what I regret about Cloud and his actions. :hmmm:

I regret allowing Honey Bee INN happen to him during my game :sad: That was such a bad time for Cloud. :wacky:

Um...I think it would be his caring side :3

You really don't expect it, how you are meant to think he is all tuff and grrrr but how he eventually opens up. In the beginning he isn't really a leader, and he's very closed and distant. Later on he's giving pep talks to the group, being a leader, and really caring about the other members and the planet. Cloud you such a softie :ari:
I agree completely!! Cloud's caring side is soo shocking once we see him go from that "grr" type (as you put it :lew:) to the I have to help you save the planet type :lew:

So cute :ari:

Did anyone think Cloud's name was indian inspired the first time they played FF VII? :hmmm:

The first time I played through FF VII, I named Cloud -> Red Cloud after the indian chief. :grin:

I wonder if I'm weird or the only one who thought it sounded american indian-ish. :hmm:

Back