【Music Share】 Use the Main Theme when Waiting

pianocatwannafly

Gil
The video game I got in touch with in my whole life was Final Fantasy VII.

I still remember it happened when I was in elementary school or junior high.

One day I went to my cousin‘s home.

The moment I entered his room, I was fascinated by the Final Fantasy VII strategy book on his desk.

When I looked at the cool, powerful motorcycle and machete in the full-color strategy, as well as the handsome Eidolon Beast, in my hands, it was almost impossible for me to put them down.

When I finally got the chance to play the series of the game on my own, I was in senior high school, and it had developed into Final Fantasy VIII. Still, it didn’t belong to me, but was a computer version I borrowed from a classmate.

Since Final Fantasy VII had become out of date and could not be obtained anymore, it has become a legend in my heart.

It was originally scheduled to release Final Fantasy VII Remake right on my birthday—March 3rd, which I have been eagerly expecting.

However, to my disappointment, it ended up being postponed again.

Alas! All I can do now is to cover with my beloved piano all the wonderful music in it.

Thus, my thirst for the legend in my heart can somewhat be quenched.

I believe that whoever listens to my cover will surely realize the fact that it is without a doubt that Final Fantasy VII has become a legend.

That’s an interesting looking piano with the way you’ve hung the Advent Children Tifa image from it. I thought I recognised that before you changed the angle later in the video and confirmed it. Nice!

This is beautifully played! Your cover captures the magical wonder of the main theme and also the chilling resonance of the darker, Sephiroth aspect of the latter part of the track.

And I do agree that FFVII is a truly legendary game with a very special place in many people's hearts. Hearing people like yourself play themes like this really helps to take us back into the game.

I wonder if we’ll hear this theme in full in part 1 of the Remake… I wonder, actually, if this might end up being used for the end credits as the party finally emerges onto the world map for the first time and sees the wide, open world. Presuming that it ends there. It may not!

It's nice to hear your FFVII story as well. Welcome to the forum! I hope you share more of your love for the game or the wider franchise here. :argor:

Last edited:
That’s an interesting looking piano with the way you’ve hung the Advent Children Tifa image from it. I thought I recognised that before you changed the angle later in the video and confirmed it. Nice!

This is beautifully played! Your cover captures the magical wonder of the main theme and also the chilling resonance of the darker, Sephiroth aspect of the latter part of the track.

And I do agree that FFVII is a truly legendary game with a very special place in many people's hearts. Hearing people like yourself play themes like this really helps to take us back into the game.

I wonder if we’ll hear this theme in full in part 1 of the Remake… I wonder, actually, if this might end up being used for the end credits as the party finally emerges onto the world map for the first time and sees the wide, open world. Presuming that it ends there. It may not!

It's nice to hear your FFVII story as well. Welcome to the forum! I hope you share more of your love for the game or the wider franchise here. :argor:

I am from Taiwan. English is my second language. If there are some errors in my sentences, please forgive me.

It is so nice to see your detailed reply. And yes, you are perfectly right. That is Tifa in FFVII AC.Just like I said, I didn't play the original game on PS. However, I did follow the animation FFVII AC. And I was totally crazy about Tifa's performance in it (although she lost the fight XD). And that is why I collected the hanging scroll. I think it might be not easy to have one now.

Thank you for your kind words. I am so happy to join the forum.

Superb performance ! I particularly like the expressiveness of the hands (and how it brings the sound). Little hammers actionning little hammers.
I bought the original score and started to play this piece but I arrived nowhere near your mastering.
Bravo ! Looking forward to hear other titles !

Last edited:
Superb performance ! I particularly like the expressiveness of the hands (and how it brings the sound). Little hammers actionning little hammers.
I bought the original score and started to play this piece but I arrived nowhere near your mastering.
Bravo ! Looking forward to hear other titles !

Thank you for your kind words. And sorry for the late reply. The music in FFVII is really fantastic. And I still try to figure it out how to express it with my full passion. Thank you for your encouragement. It gives me so much confidence.

Back