greenyxi

Veteran
Gil
Chocobo Egg
Kuja
Garnet
Tifa Lockhart
Sabin's Tent
Hey there folks, here's the opening to a week long let's play! This will be daily and will end on Monday :). Flower is a relaxing game full of stunning music, a really nice artstyle and just simplicity. It's really great to get home and just float around for a bit.

Here is the opening:

Along with the Youtube playlist:

Flower was, of course, not made by me. The people involved are: Thatgamecompany (Journey, Flow) and Bluepoint Games.

Due to the music being integral to the experience, I've ramped up the volume and committed to text commentary instead of my usual vocal stuff :). I thought this would fit better.

As for why I chose this for a replay, I moved away from the Dazzle a few years back and I feel like this technology can show the game off better. I hope it's ok!

Finally, this is the PS4 version! If you're interested though, it's available for: PS3, PS4, Steam, Vita, iOS and Microsoft Windows.

Thanks so much for watching! Hope you enjoy Flower for the week! :)

Last edited:
It's been years since I've seen this game! Not since I played it for the first time on PS3, in fact.

It'll be interesting to see how it looks and how it holds up now on PS4. It was a truly unique experience and looked so beautiful back in the day.

It's been years since I've seen this game! Not since I played it for the first time on PS3, in fact.

It'll be interesting to see how it looks and how it holds up now on PS4. It was a truly unique experience and looked so beautiful back in the day.

To be honest, it hasn't changed quite as much as I'd have thought but you can get the PS4 version for free if you have the PS3 version :).

----------------------------------------

Day 1
~Yellow~

Hey folks, today we check out the first flower: Yellow! It's a gentle entry into the world :).

Thanks for watching! I hope this is ok. It's so different to anything I've done in years lol. I did put a tonne of effort into it though.

Day 2
~Red~

Hey there folks, today the ground and Earth is added to some drab colour pallets but we can surely do something about that?

Thanks for watching! See you in a bit! :)

Day 3
~Pink~

Hey folks, welcome to day 3 of the Flower week! Today, pink gives us some stunning sunsets, wind effects and some danger in the valleys!

Thanks for watching! See you in a bit! :)

Well it is certainly still as colourful as I remember it being!

The way all of the memes have been lately, I'm half expecting real-life nature to be like Flower now with many humans still away in lockdown.

Well it is certainly still as colourful as I remember it being!

The way all of the memes have been lately, I'm half expecting real-life nature to be like Flower now with many humans still away in lockdown.

We just need the Hilltop Cow to be grazing on the hill somewhere too huh? :lew:

-----------------------------------------

Day 4
~Blue~

Hey all, the silence of night time joins us for today's venture. This is probably my favourite stage with so many relaxing elements.

Thanks for watching :). See you in a bit.

Day 5
~Purple~

Hey peoples, today we encounter the man-made storm and how it effects our little flower's journey :s. As spooky as a game about flowers can get!

Thanks for watching! See you soon! :)

Day 6
~White~

Hey folks, here is how we break through the man-made disaster! This one is pretty stunning in an inspirational and feel-good kind of way :).

Thanks for watching! See you soon! :)

Day 7
~Credits~

Hey peoples, welcome to the end of Flower week! I've loved being able to show a bit more creativity and variety :).

Thank you so much for checking out my let's play and channel! We'll be getting back to a series that has been ongoing for years next, since some more has been released. Excited to check more of that out!

See you soon! Stay safe! :)

I'd forgotten the game makes you play through the credits. It is quite a relaxing way to end. The darker 'purple' level was quite stressful by comparison to the others, and the final level was quite exciting in a more positive way, so I guess they needed something more ambient to bring people down again and relax them. Quite a smooth move!

I'd forgotten the game makes you play through the credits. It is quite a relaxing way to end. The darker 'purple' level was quite stressful by comparison to the others, and the final level was quite exciting in a more positive way, so I guess they needed something more ambient to bring people down again and relax them. Quite a smooth move!

There's a trophy for getting through the purple stage, where you mustn't hit any hazards. I never did manage to get that one :/. It's such a well-made game in general. I wish they would make more games since I think Journey was the last one like this, right?

There's a trophy for getting through the purple stage, where you mustn't hit any hazards. I never did manage to get that one :/. It's such a well-made game in general. I wish they would make more games since I think Journey was the last one like this, right?

I'm not quite sure if I managed to get that trophy. I'd have to check next time I log on. Probably not if you haven't managed it!

I think Journey was the last game by this studio for console, but there have been a few games which have sometimes been compared with them. Abzu and Rime being two examples I can think of, but it might not be quite the same. I've played about half an hour of Rime but I have not touched Abzu so I don't really know how they compare.

I'm not quite sure if I managed to get that trophy. I'd have to check next time I log on. Probably not if you haven't managed it!

I think Journey was the last game by this studio for console, but there have been a few games which have sometimes been compared with them. Abzu and Rime being two examples I can think of, but it might not be quite the same. I've played about half an hour of Rime but I have not touched Abzu so I don't really know how they compare.

Rime rings a bell. I completely forgot I wanted to play that...thanks Dangorio.

Back