Half-Blind Let's Play World Of Final Fantasy [Episode 3 Up - Buzzcutting Into The Cave!]

Pat Frost

Gil
Let's Play World Of Final Fantasy - Introduction
(Updates Mondays)

world-of-final-fantasy-logo (1).jpg

Gotta catch 'em ... whoops, I mean, Capture, Customize, and Evolve! Our protagonists, the siblings Reynn and Lann, are led to the world of Grymoire by the mysterious Enna Kros to rediscover their past and save the future. Yup, it's one of the most well-known plot devices - they conveniently developed amnesia right at the start of the game!

I am both a fan of Final Fantasy and Pokémon, and World of Final Fantasy is kinda a mix between the two - so in theory, I should love the game to bits. However, when I originally played it in 2016, for some reason I stopped playing halfway through and I cannot remember why. So I would like to rectify that and finally finish the game. In a Let's Play series, that is!

This is a casual playthrough, so I am definitely not planning to 100% the game. I am just playing through it for fun and using Mirages I think are cute, even if they aren't that good in battle.

Overall, in this Let's Play, you can expect me to:

Share my memories of the FF series, and make comparisons to the games WoFF is referencing

Poke fun at some of the game's silly and lighthearted dialogue

Talk about recent happenings in less interesting parts of the game

...and draw a blank on the Mirage nicknaming screens as I am about as creative as a brick wall.

With that being said:

Check out the full playlist here!

Last edited:
Let's Play World Of Final Fantasy, Part 1 - One-Winged Chocochick

In the first episode of Let's Play WoFF, our protagonists Reynn and Lann seem to jump into their doom from a multi-floor building, only to wake up to their normal lives...however, how normal can a world really be in which no one else seems to be existing?

Also features our first battle, and it is against a very fearsome monster - the eponymous One-Winged Chocochick! The harbinger of certain death! The...quite weak run-of-the-mill Mirage that just got a special themesong because I forgot to change the options. Whoops.

Last edited:
Nice!

I really love WoFF so I’m glad you’re the-doing a Let’s Play!

It's not a perfect game in terms of game play, but I really liked what they did with the script and how they managed to cleverly combine concepts from various Final Fantasy games.

It was a great nostalgia trip for the fans, and it is an underappreciated game.

I look forward to seeing more of this Let's Play. :argor:

Thanks Dionysos! I agree, from what I can remember from my first playthrough, I really loved revisiting all the familiar towns and listening to all the remixed tunes. Especially seeing a well-known scene from FFV again gave me goosebumps. Coincidentally, this is also when I stopped playing the first time around - which hopefully will not happen this time, haha.

Let's Play World Of Final Fantasy, Part 2 - The Melancholy Of Enna Kros

In the second episode of Let's Play WoFF, the game suddenly becomes an anime! ...oh, and Reynn and Lann reach the first major city of the game, Cornelia, after hitching a ride on the Cactuar Express.

I absolutely love the puns in this game. :argor:

Your commentary is also very entertaining and humorous. Keep it up!

@Dionysos That's great to hear :D much appreciated! And yes, the puns are absolutely out of control, as evidenced by:

Let's Play World Of Final Fantasy, Part 3 - Buzzcutting Into The Cave

In the third episode of Let's Play WoFF, I start exploring the Nether Nebula and capture quite a few Mirages - even some useful ones! And as is tradition, Lann, Reynn, and even Serafie are not holding back and show off their strong pun game.

Back