Veteran
Gil
Chocobo Egg
Kuja
Garnet
Tifa Lockhart
Sabin's Tent
Umineko

Hey there folks, it's time for us to kick off a whopper of a series, which will probably end up around the 200 episode mark! If you've seen my Higurashi series, then you'll know roughly how this will work:

- Murder mystery visual novel where I read everything through (more of a let's read than a let's play?).

- Episodes of varying length where we end each episode at the clock clash! This being the chapter midpoint.

- I tried to make a really good opening and ending for the episodes. Fingers crossed they work out as well as the Higurashi ones did.

- This is actually from the same people (person?) who made Higurashi and includes a couple of easter eggs throughout. You should be able to watch this without knowing Higurashi though.

- This will be blind though I have played about the first 3ish hours a year or so ago. I have also read some of the manga into the early answer arcs and seen the anime which covers the question arcs.

- While Higurashi was heavily based on the Village Curse, Umineko is based on the witch of Rokkenjima Island! With all of that said, here comes Umineko, which places the Ushiromiya family in a mansion on an island, stuck there together by a storm! Who will live and who will die? Come see! :)

Here's the opening:

Here's the Youtube playlist:

Thanks for watching! See you soon! :)

Episode 1 - Meet The Ushiromiyas!

Hey there folks, let's kick this whopper of a series off with a pretty relaxing meet and greet with some of the family! They're an interesting bunch with some sadistic traits. Way more of that to come ;).

I wish I could comment on the plane ride but alas...I've never been on a plane. Woe is me! lmao...

P.S. The game picks up after a wee bit but for now we need to get to know people so it kind of makes sense that it's a bit slow imo :monocle:.

Episode 2 - Battler's Love Of Boats

Hey there folks, so what we have today is Battler's pleasant voyage across to the sea to Rokkenjima Island. In fact, he enjoys it so much that everyone laughs along with him!

...poor Battler lmao!

Also, Maria seems to have noticed something is missing. How peculiar.

Thanks for watching! See you soon for some more! :)

Episode 3 - Living, Breathing Furniture

Hey peoples, here comes Rokkenjima Island, including the impressive rose gardens and gigantic mansion; the staff within are also something to behold...

Thanks for watching! See you soon :).

Episode 4 - Beatrice The Golden Witch

Hey there folks, here she comes! Beatrice is the witch of Rokkenjima Island, introduced here in a very dramatic portrait, hanging in the mansion. Who could she be?

Episode 5 - Natsuhi's Chronic Headache

Hey there folks, today we see that the adults can be the most child-like in this family when money is involved! It all comes with a price for Natsuhi too...

Episode 6 - Krauss The Victim

Hey peoples, so Krauss doesn't look the sort to be the victim huh? Well...let's see how he handles being ganged up on for money?

We also get to see the riddle on the Beatrice painting epitaph. How could anyone figure that out?

------------------------------------------------

Episode 7 - Maria's Rose And Rosa's Maria

Hey there folks, today we have some drama between mother and daughter in the rose garden which is one of my favourite scenes in the series that I've seen! Rosa and Maria really are some of my favourite characters in this cast :).

Also, the kids are getting a head start on the riddle for the gold while the adults are too busy arguing. Could they figure it out down on the beach?

Episode 8 - One Magical Umbrella

Hey there folks! So it seems that Maria has met Beatrice the Golden Witch, but nobody believes her! How rude! I mean, where else would the umbrella and letter have come from that is now stirring up so much trouble amongst the family?

Kinzo has also shouted to the heavens that it's time for the games to start! Ohhh I can't wait to see how the VN deals with the...games! ;)

Thanks for watching! See you in a bit! :)

Episode 9 - Ring Upon A Finger

Hey there folks, look who might be getting married! Also, look who normally hates each other but are getting on like a house on fire! Such a heart-warming episode. I mean...mostly. Rudolf is being a weirdo.

Episode 10 - Within The Rose Garden Tool Shed

Hey there peoples, here's a whopper of an episode for you! And you thought there wouldn't be any blood ;)

Episode 11 - Maria's Book On Witches And Wizardry!

Hey there peoples, so with a few deaths under our belt to kick things off, what we have here is some theorising and magical knowledge; Maria really is amazingly smart when given the right subject, huh?

Episode 12 - Meet Natsuhi: Eva's Victim!

Hey there peoples! So with a good scolding, Eva and her husband leaves the main party for some sleep. Not before she accuses Natsuhi of being the killer though! Could she be right? I mean, we've seen these two arguing a lot already so could it just be siblings bickering to the extreme? We'll see!

Thanks for watching! See you in a wee bit! :)

Episode 13 - Kanon And The Golden Butterflies

Hey there folks! Things are reaaaally ramping up now! I don't feel like I can describe this episode without some really major spoilers but I really appreciate Kanon as a character after THAT scene ;).

Episode 14 - Natsuhi's Motherly Love

Hey there peoples, so today our characters decide that they have found the ultimate safe room...so why is there still some discomfort and discord?

Last edited:
Episode 15 - Singing Along With Maria

Hey peoples, so surprisingly, here's the end of the 1st arc! We still have 2 more episodes to come but this is where the main plot of the arc ends. I won't spoil anything but they end it off amazingly with so much tension and suspense! I've loved Maria all the way through and this is absolutely no exception :).

Thanks for watching! See you soon for the tea party! :)

Episode 16 - The Ultimate Tea Party!

Hey peoples, so here we have a nice, little tea party! Surprise! Beatrice shows her face and is given her own avatar for a wee bit! I thought this would be optional but it seems to really ramp up the main plot ready for the 2nd arc so I'd strongly recommend watching this.

Thanks for watching! See you soon for the last of the 1st arc! :)

Episode 17 - Welcome Back Lady Bernkastel!

Hey there folks, so without further ado, everyone give a round of applause to Lady Bernkastel! *Raaaawr Raaaaawr*!

Here's the last of the 1st arc, where we get to see a bit more from the witch controlling the whole game. More wackiness to come in the 2nd arc!

Thanks so much for watching! We'll pause the series by here and get back to it in about a month or so. Hope you fancy sticking around! :)

Last edited:
Episode 18 - Resetting The Chessboard!

Hey there folks, it's time for us to unpause this series and kick off arc 2: Turn of the Golden Witch! This time around, Beatrice is playing as a piece on the chessboard and becoming an actual player! How will this change things for our group of victims?

Episode 19 - Beatrice The Invisible

Hey peoples, so today we see how Beatrice can be seen by certain people as the witch but not others. Can this possibly make a difference sometime down the line? I particularly like the beach scene in this episode. Is Beatrice really as scary as other witches?

Episode 20 - My Chemical Romance

Hey peoples, so today we have something a wee bit different where we get to see outside of the mansion for a good while! Jessica goes to school and brags about having a boyfriend but...she doesn't quite have one. What can she possibly do about it?

Also...I love the musical part in this one. So bloody odd but so bloody good lmao.

Thanks for watching! See you in a wee bit! :)

Back