Let's Play Legend Of Dragoon!

Episode 41 - Divinity Personified!

https://youtu.be/M9HmirOXH20

Hey all, ignore all the mention of 2 bosses at the end. I lied! A lot! :/

Anyways, this time around we head on over to the Mountain of Mortal Dragon! It's the second volcano area of the game, but it's less fiery for the most part. I quite like the area though, myself :s.

As for the boss, the Divine Dragon is a beast! You'll see why the episode is so long when we start the boss...

Thanks so much for watching! We'll leave the mountain next time...or will we fight an imaginary second boss there??? Nope ha ;).

Episode 42 - Kidnapping The Queen!

https://youtu.be/JiZy40f1lq4

Hey there peoples! That title really makes me think of the start of FF9 so I had to use it :s. Anyways, this time around is just about our return trip to Deningrad really, but there's plenty of plot going on along the way and during our time there. You don't wanna miss all that lovely plot ;).

Thanks for watching! See you next time for the Glacier :s.

Episode 43 - Windigo On Ice

https://youtu.be/2rJpiZISIUA

Yay, a snowy dungeon! I've been waiting for this ha! The Kashua Glacier is a really nice place with loads of ways to branch off. The slippery nature of the floor isn't so bad but it does make for an awkward save point ;). One of my favourite locations so far!

As for the boss, the Windigo is one of the easier bosses we've had for a while. It looks like Dart's spells are amazing here and we can finally use dragoons normally again! :D

Thanks so much for watching once again folks! We'll be checking out the Flanvel Tower next time around and see what Lloyd is up to. Again. ;)

695, and 703 these two sets of numbers are gonna be crucial in out next place we visit, which is the oh so wonderful law city. Anyways we see some flying I dunno what ya wanna call it thing but it serves as our airship and can cause us to switch discs quite often if we visit other areas. Mainly this is gonna be to visit past shops like Loahn and maybe Denigrad for those nice null magic or phys attack armor/acessories. Also we will use him to go finish up our other sidequests which you can do before or after this place, I tend to go with after just to have some more levels on us. Also just remember this order for launching these laws or effects factory, launcher, legislation center. The 659 prevents those pesky guards from chasing us so for an easier time do this one first, 703 allows us to visit the signet sphere. Also not the weapon shop, you see some nice DG armor, what these do is completely nullify the element for the character they represent ie red/fire for Dart and so on, so all ya need is one of each. Next is that Destone amulet get it or two it will prove useful for the boss of this area since it's a set of 3 bosses for the price of one, also one cause instant death so a talisman man serve useful as well. Anyways for this boss fight we have two major concerns vector who an cause instant death and the secubus like named one who can heal her entourage for 1,000 hp so she is your target. Kill her first then vector, and the last guy is more or less a souped up regular piddiling enemy. The last code we have to worry about to get to the death city is 410 so go repeat the lovely process of getting it launched.

NOW DECISION TIME, here is where I would say is a good time to take one the side quests since all these major ones are all in a line. But first if we have the huge gold supply we might want to go to Loahn to pick up those magic null or huge magic def boost armor/accessories. Now then we have to go to Denigrad if you want the phys attack negate one go pick one up, and make your way to the Snow Feild, when ya come to the screen that has that ledge to the left decide to fall down and you will come to some ruined city, enter for a cs more on how the people got organized for the dragon campaign 10,000 years ago. Now get ready for a boss fight another 3 in 1 battle. Nothing to worry about if your levels are decent like 34+, focus on the helm first believe that has an instant death attack, then go for the sword, and last the other thing. This gets you Dart's ultimate weapon but it has one downside which can be countered by the therapy ring, maybe it's a good idea since we will get a second one? Anyways with it equipped he losses 1/10th of his hp at the start, with the ring equipped the two counter one another.

Next we make our way to where we fought Lyod buy there is this little place we can travel to behind us, this s where we go for Faust, use your Vanishing Stone and the illusion goes away, nab that chest for the second therapy ring. The puzzle gonna be too long to give a step by step guide here so jut muddle through your best, it's a teleporter one like the one used to get up here so shouldn't be to hard to figure out. Faust is counter happy so whoever doesn't have magic blocking or high def better have their dragoon armor on as this will play into our strategy. Basically if we defend a lot he doesn't attack a lot and if we attack he counters, whoever attacks him he counters with a spell of that element so use Rose she gets a dark spell to the face. His next attack will be a party wide spell which may or may not be boosted it varies. Fire, Earth, Water, and Wind are his attack all spells which can hit for 1500+ damage all they way to 3,000, so those legend casque and dragoon armors and high mag def is a must here. He's strong vs magic being the king of magic here himself so use physical attacks with your best mastered and highest dealing damage addition. For this fight bring loads of healing items and some mp recovery depending if you use Rose or Miranda for their healing magic, Meru may also be a good choice here as well, just remember using special here would most likely not be a good idea. With this in mind healing when needed and maybe taking an early advantage to slow and steady wins the race, we get some very nice items for winning when we loot the place and a lot of gold. Most notable is that phantom sheild, didn't we see this being sold somewhere?

Now for the final one remember that request Shirley gave us when we visited Vellweb? How bout we go fulfill it for her. We are gonna fight the remaining four dead dragoons, so for elements we have Wind, Earth, Water, and Thunder. Each of these fights can be challenging as they are epitomes of our own characters, so for fighting the Earth guy expect a hard hitting high HP guy to fight, and for the Water mermaid chick, a speedy magicpowerhouse. Luckily you can take whoever you want into these fights, and for winning you get a nice amount of gold and exp as well as a stone reducing that element damage by half, nice since you may have not got all those dragoon armors yet since they shop didn't sell them all. Also Shirley is there to provide free healing so you can even grind out additions there if you want for the fights or before tackling Dart's ultimate weapon or Fraust himself. Anyways after doing all that pat yourself on the back, you got all of LoD's sidequest done, so summon your airship thingy with the square button and head back to the magical city and take the teleporter to go to the Death city.

See you next time as we cover that next, we have three optional dragon fights to do for nice exp again and as well a very sad fight. Someone from our past makes a return and well makes us hate this place all the more.

Episode 44 - Finally Fighting Lloyd!

https://youtu.be/CtpH4ozuq1g

Hey peoples, are you ready to finally take down Lloyd at the Flanvel Tower? It's a bloody tough fight and you can't use dragoons again (for the last time I think?); you actually die if you use them now though you can use level 1 dragoons since you transform back immediately.

Other than that, we progress to the Snowfield, which is yet another snowy dungeon! This one is actually really short unless you go for the optional part, which we're gonna do next time!

Thanks so much for watching! See you in a bit when we (probably prematurely) go for a bonus episode! :lew:

Episode 44b - Soul Eater

https://youtu.be/Au7IShtaaLA

Hey there folks! I think it's time for a wee bit of optional content! We've got Dart's ultimate weapon (the soul eater) to get underneath the Snowfields and it's not so easy :s. The way there is simple, but the boss is pretty tough! I went for the sword first, then the helmet and then the main body armour. The insta-death is the worst part :/.

Thanks for watching folks! We'll be wrapping up disc 3 next time! :)

P.S.
Short summary is short, but only because I have my uncle's birthday to go to. I say that, it's just downstairs 'cause we're having a chinese :lew:.

P.P.S. I love chinese.

P.P.P.S. That sword is gonna be incredible.

Episode 45 - Web Of Lies

https://youtu.be/efduWTuV_LA

Hey folks, the end of disc 3 is here already! To wrap things up for now, we've got the rest of the Snowfield along with the Capital Vellweb! I actually quite like the place, even if it does look a little bit drab.

I'm gutted about two things here: I didn't get to check out that other way to go towards the end (in the tower-style room). I also forgot to nab the stardust :(. No worries though, we'll be back here later for the optional bit :).

Finally, there are a few twists to end the disc! I'll leave that plotty stuff alone though and let you have a quick gander :).

Thanks so much for watching! See you in a bit!

P.S. As I said in the vid, I'll be back for disc 4 on 6th June! I'm heading off to Spain on holidays for a wee bit. See you in a short while! :)

Episode 46 - Disc 4's Frontier

https://youtu.be/JlJkdyKYQW8

Hey all, welcome back to Legend Of Dragoon! Now that I'm back from my holidays, it's time for us to make a good start on disc 4, the final disc! The Death Frontier is my least favourite location so far and you'll probably see just why :s.

This episode was the last one I recorded before heading off on holidays, but I edited it all today. It was a hell of a lot of effort lmao...I hope it turned out ok :). Warning: heavily edited to remove too much backtracking!

Thanks so much for watching! We'll be making our way into a new town next time and it's not quite your typical town ;).

P.S. I need to get back into a routine again now so expect this week to be a bit off and on with uploads. Once the weekend comes I can bulk record a wee bit but until then we'll be maybe aiming for every other day with any more than that probably being a bonus :).

P.P.S. YES! Got it out, just about on the 6th June like I promised! Close call :gasp:.

Episode 47 - Charle Honey

https://youtu.be/Ci0413uaWaI

Welcome to the world of tomorrow! The flowing water and serenity of Ulara is something I really love and I hope you enjoy it too :).

Within this town, we get to meet a pretty unique character: Charle. I think she's supposed to be the Queen or leader of the town but unless a random NPC says it, I don't think it's ever clarified. Still, a great character who stands out around the townsfolk.

Of course, we go stardust hunting too but otherwise there's not a whole lot going on here (it seems to be more about the relaxing ambiance).

Thanks for watching! We'll be teleporting on over to Rouge next time (or pretty close anyways). See you there! :)

So now we go into the Death city where the souls of those who died find their way here regardless of race, these winglies are evil bastards for making something like this. Anyways it's pretty much straight-forward, some of the teleporters back track to a previous or forward screen to collect treasure. If I remember right there is nothing big in them to note, that is the repeatable items and whatnot. On our way through here we get to meet the ghost of the three dragons we slayed, apparently they didn't like being killed by humans so to save and release their souls we get to fight them again. Now Ferybrand and Regoul are pretty much the same as the first time around we fought them, just with more hp. So use the same strategy as we used the first time around and all is good. Then comes one of the bigger challenges of the game, the ghost of you guessed it, the Divine Dragon. We don't even get the Dragon Block Staff this time, so there is no nerfing his power, so buckle down with healing items bring in your most powerful additions and pray to whatever gaming god you can, cause this fight will hurt.

As we near the end we see a familiar face it's Lavitz and he's possessed. Okay these Wngly people really need to die now, treating our old friend like this. Well this fight is divided into two stages the first one more of a talking phase and then the other one if fighting. However unlike the talking phase with Shirley in her fight back then Lavitz does fight us. Keep your guard up and when Dart's turn comes up pick the option to talk to our old friend, he will turn around and we will see the unholy abomination manipulating our old friend. Start going all out with attacks, when he turns around the bug will mock us and launch a party wide confusion attack. So for this be best to guard before Darts turn or equip any equipment or accessories even if it means a little drop in stats to block against confusion. After this we are thrust into the second battle against his physical form, if want an easy battle go ahead and use Miranda her magic can eat away at the boss. After this the path to the final signet opens, IF YOU WANT TO DO ANY OTHER SIDEQUESTS TO FINISH UP, DO NOT GO ANY FURTHER THAT IS THE POINT OF NO RETURN!

Anyways as we enter we go towards the divine tree and some boss fights a set of three mind you, wow this game is trying to beat us in now isn't. These boss battles back to back and not being able to heal. If you didn't begin so when you started tackling the cities, I recommended that you holding more healing items then attack items, in fact the only attack item I would have is the pysch bomb x, have a good mix like 5 each of full hp recovery for party, for yourself, and half hp recovery for party if needed maybe 2-3 of the party, have 5 angel prayers(never know what can happen), and the some mp recovery. Rest of inventory till we get to the moon itself and final boss should be the pysch bomb x and any of those repeatable items we want to keep. The biggest keeper of those when we get rid of them is the magic sig stone obviously. Anyways make your way up the tree save if need be and then we find a bug of sorts this is our 3 part boss fight. First stage is no bigge if good with equipment and additions so as long as properly prepared smooth sailing, so no need for dragoon form. Second stage is nice and relaxing, he actually doesn't attack so we can use this time to heal up and cure status ailments if needed. Now stage 3 this where the fun begins, though not strong physically he can devastate us with status effects. If we got the power up use it on the strongest character we got then launch a special, with this the boss's status effects do nothing to us now and it becomes smooth sailing again.

Anyways next time we start covering the character solo fights. In this upcoming section everyone but Dart and Rose all have a boss fight where they fight by themselves. Large part is story driven but we will still need to cause damage to these bosses, so I hope you have been using everyone. Though the only one you can kinda get away with not using as long as you kept her equipment good is Miranda.

Episode 48 - Parting The Sea

https://youtu.be/luiI2WI3QR4

Hey peoples, we're heading on over to Rouge now to see where Haschel spent his life (I assume it's his hometown anyway). It's really relaxing and everything and is the last location we'll be seeing Martel for stardust trading. Don't worry, we can come back later if we don't have all 50 stardust (which we don't). We actually get to see why we're collecting the stardust in a bit. Martel really needs them :s.

Other than that, we part the red sea! Well...we part a sea. Does that count? We're all ready now to head onto the first of the three cities we're aiming for: the magical city :lew:.

Thanks for watching! See you next time when we head there!

P.S. Don't worry, I show off the stardust for Rouge next time. I got confuzzled :s.

So now were on the moon and what a place it is, seems pretty odd, but heck at least down the road we get an item shop as well as meet another one of these 108 races, and major shocker they are not hostile towards us! But get ready to tie down for the gritty folks as each character minus Dart and Rose they share a battle, each have their own boss battle to attend to. Now most of these boss battles are story driven, meaning as you fight and answer the final question correctly it will end the fight and you win. The answers are fairly obvious so won't say them here. Also to note that during these fights you won't be able to use your dragoon form at all, last time I swear that this happens. First up is Miranda, hope you been using her and keeping up todate with her equipment or you have a long battle. Next we have Haschel the old man's fight, ya might want to help give him extra speed with the bandits ring or shoes if you found them, also might need some healing items for him. His boss is also counter happy. She also has an attack that can bring Haschel down to 1hp so no matter what you do heal up right away.

Next is the big guys Kongol's turn and much like the fights we had against him you will want to finish your additions or expect a nasty counterattack to come your way, also fyi if you never got Kongol's dragoon spirit way back when which was suggested guess what this is where you would get it now. Now comes for a hard and tedious battle cause you will be playing a waiting game here. This is Dart and Rose's fight and once you have Rose tell Dart about this fellas weakness you then have to wait for it to perform a certain attack and then rinse and repeat, expect to do this about three times. Next up is Albert and a fight that's a blast from the past, thankfully it's not the same. This boss has three targets but they all have the same turn, meaning only one of them can attack and not all three have their own turn. So take care of the two swords first and then after the other guy himself to be finished this one.

Next perhaps the hardest one of here this is Meru's fight, equip a therapy ring or phantom shield this will help considerably. As her boss probably has the highest hp out of them all, and then consider her low attack we want to try and make this as painless(for us) as possible. There is no question and answer in this fight rejoice but he does have an attack that can bring Meru down to 1hp, so heal right away!

See you next time as we cover a Super Virage(one in it's complete form), and the final boss and it's many life cycles.

I bloody love this game but my discs are all rotten and it's not available on EU PSN, so I am living vicariously through this thread.

And this game is bloody expensive on disc now :s. Shockingly expensive.

---------------------------------------

Episode 49 - The Colour Of Magic

https://youtu.be/nVz_y4uLonM

Hey peoples, it's finally time for us to start the signet sphere hunt by heading on over to the the magical city of Aglis! Rouge was so last episode :/. Although we do get to meet Martel in Rouge and find our 49th stardust :).

Anyways, the sea has parted for us so let's get moving! I love the purple colour in Aglis, mixed with the underwater, Bioshock-ish feel of the place. The teleporting maze isn't too bad either :).

As for that Savan, he's a right dedicated little employee, isn't he? Staying around for us to arrive for thousands of years ha. Either way, he has a test for us! :eek:

Thanks for watching! We'll do just that next time! :)

Well I lied i'm getting the final post out of the way now while I can be in a mood to do it. So now we fight another Super Virage unlike the one we fought way back when this one is in full form and power, also no 10 turn count down. It has three targets, going for the body kills it though where is the fun in that we want more exp so we want to kill all the body parts. Go for the arm first to help reduce the attacks or go for the head first since the head and body have a co-op attack,(remember that bad ass attack from the first one as it self-destructed?) Well that's the kind it uses just not as damaging. So let's save our game really important here make sure Dart has his dragoon armor again. Yet once again he loses his dragoon spirit this time back to his possessed father and as luck has it he can still use it while being evil.(Damnit Dart stop having butter fingers). Anyways after this fight Dart gets a kickass new spirit the Divine Dragon Dragoon spirit and Rose gets the Dragon Buster sword. Note on the spirit it comes automatically at lvl 5 even if his previous spirit would happen to be lower. So if you want to check out it's magic go back for some random battles see how kick ass it is and go into town to buy new hp and mp recovery items, you will need it. Get rid of all items besides the pysch bomb X since it can still do decent damage and stock up on as much mp hp items as you can. Do a decent stock of angels prayers as well.

Well strap yourselves in and button down the hatches, were in for a dosy here people. This gonna be a long fight with around 42,000 hp yeah you read that right. He has 4 forms and we gonna punch though all of them and make him regret doing all the things he did. Use the pysch bomb X right away and kill the tentacles, then when Dart's turn comes around launch a special and start using the canon spell, it's important to only launch the special after all the tentacles are dead. As the tentacles each get their own turn with Melbu for a total of 5 attacks. At around 10,000 hp damage dealt he shifts forms. We want to punch him for another 10k damage as fast as possible his def for both magic and phys are extremely high now and he can also absorb a party member taking them out of the fight. They re removed from this fight now completely that is unless we deal enough damage to him and he spits them back out, problem is he flings them into another member dealing huge damage to both, so keep hp high on everyone during this stage. At the next 10k mark which would be 20k damage he shifts again. This is where the battle gets shall we say "fun". He has two phases day and night, day will be a cinche and where you want to try and lay the smack on him the most. Night is where the problem is at as he is the strongest then, not only able to do over 2,000 dmg but he has little helpers that can suicide into us causing even more damage. So needless to say never attack them at all, always goes for Melbu. Anyways after dealing another 10k damage so the 30,000 threshhold he shifts into his final form. In this form he can start launching status effects so if you don't have mind purifiers hope you equipped items or accessories to block status effect mainly confusion, he also has many attacks similar to the Grand Jewel and like a mirror attack. So think of this form as Grand Jewel 2.0 but without the dragoon block staff annoying crap. He also has some party wide magic attacks like Fraust had so those who have their dragoon armors equipped can be a hit or miss depending on the spell he uses. Well as long as you can recover from confusion this form shouldn't pose to much of a danger or threat, but in fact much easier then the other three forms. The biggest threat may in fact come from your party.

Well with the false want to be god dead, sit back and enjoy the ending scenes of the game, you deserved them. We have a semi sad scene and we say goodbye to another beloved party member, but we have many more happy scenes and get to see what happens to the crew after saving the world.

Episode 50 - Kraken's Last Breath

https://youtu.be/JlEVS8EB-C0

Do they even breathe? :/

Hey peoples, we're taking on the challenges set to us by Savan in the magical city of Aglis this time around and they're pretty interesting. They give us a bit of a reminder about the main factors pushing each party member forward and what could have held them back.

We also take on the Last Kraken! This guy is simple but Dart can take some fair damage from it due to his elemental weakness.

Thanks for watching! Onto city number 2 next time and it's a huge amount different. Actually, there's something interesting about how different it is ;).

Episode 51 - Objection!

https://youtu.be/K9UD8JPfQmM

Hey there peoples, let's get right onto finding the 2nd signet sphere in the law city of Zenebatos, shall we? This place is a bit confusing at first but once you've done the routine once you're pretty much set to go so long as you've got the codes. It's really repetitive though. You think this episode is long? I cut out a good half hour from the backtracking and enemies lmao :s.

As for the boss: it's not so bad. Just take down the healer first (Secubus), then the insta-killer (Kubila) and then the standard grunt (Vector). Easy :). You could equip a talisman or two to avoid the insta-kill attacks, to make this fight really simple.

Thanks for watching folks! We still have one more chance to save a signet sphere but we'll leave that for a bit. We're gonna use the "airship" to do a few bonus episodes. Two of those incoming! :D

Episode 51b - Dragoons Of The Dead

https://youtu.be/RajyoWOYbqI

Hey there folks! Wait! Don't look at the length of the vid and run! I'll be sad :(.

This time around we're gonna play through the ruins over at Vellweb. There are 4 bosses. If you know the weaknesses of your characters of the same elements, then you know how to beat the bosses. Just make sure to take a tonne of healing and reviving items :).

We also find our final stardust and go trade it in to Martel at Rouge. I love the scene that plays out with Martel's dying daughter and everything. It's probably the most touching scene in the game :s. The reward, by the way, is a sort of key to open up the hardest sidequest in the game: Faust. The Vanishing Stone is the best :D.

Thanks for watching folks! The other bonus episode is coming tomorrow, where we attempt Faust :s. I hope I don't disappoint too many people :(.

Episode 51c - Fauster The People

https://youtu.be/y_cMTlVn79M

Hey there peoples! This game's überboss is known to us muckers as Faust. He's a right git with huge magic attack and a tonne of HP. You need some luck to beat this guy, combined with a decent setup :s. It's all in the vid anyways, so I'll leave you to have a gander.

I'm not saying we actually beat him, by the way. I'll leave you to find out the sorry story of the Faust fight :/.

Oh! We also go shopping back in Lohan to pick up some much needed accessories. Much, much needed :s.

Thanks for watching! This is the last bonus episode of the series so we'll be heading onto the death city next time! :)

P.S. I've now finished recording so we'll be back to an episode per day unless something comes up. There'll be 60 episodes total so we should be completely done by the end of 2 weeks time at the latest :).

Episode 52 - Death Awaits You

https://youtu.be/-q1pG_MeT1Q

Hey there peoples! Welcome to the city of death: Mayfil! This dungeon has a load of teleporters and plenty of treasure chests to collect, so we'll get cracking on those ;).

Otherwise, it's a matter of defeating the 3 optional dragon bosses. They're not much different from when we fought them before, only they seem much easier now. Certainly easier than the other sidequests we just did. Actually, these are the last optional bits we can do in the game, so it's a straight shot for the end now! We're still a short ways off but still :).

Thanks for watching! We'll finish off Mayfil next time :).

Back