greenyxi

Veteran
Gil
Chocobo Egg
Kuja
Garnet
Tifa Lockhart
Sabin's Tent
Hey there folks, it's time for us to start a new series! I loved Legend of Dragoon a couple of years back so I just had to record it! :lew:

This is the PSN version off the PS3 store as opposed to the disc version. I'm not sure if that has any differences other than the ability to smooth the picture?

Legend of Dragoon is a traditional turn-based JRPG with cinematics etc. It was always compared with Final Fantasy 7 a lot on release and there are definite similarities. The music is stunning, the graphics are great for their time and the characters really make you care for them :).

This game was made by Sony Computer Entertainment and nothing within this series is made by me (obviously). The commentary, editing and playing are all that is mine ;).

Here's the opening, to prepare us for the main game:
Also, here's a link to the playlist on Youtube, in case anyone wants something a little bit easier to scan through when it comes to finding episodes:

Thanks so much for watching! I hope you look forward to this series because I can't wait to get going 0_0.

P.S.
The PSN version is a bit wonky when it comes to centering the screen so I hope I sorted that out enough *crosses fingers*. It was awkward when it was all changed during cinematics and I couldn't make one consistent change to the screen size across all the elements of the game. Still, I hope it's ok :).

P.P.S.
I'll need some help along the way for this one. I'm not completely clued in on the whole game. Please. :s

Well since you know i'm a major fan of this game and have been harassing you to do one since I don't have the stuff to do a LP myself(as this would have been my first one), just ask and I will do my best to reply as soon as I can in an orderly fashion. About the only thing I don't have an ironclad memory on is exactly where all the repeatable items are and some of the exact stardust locations.

Well since you know i'm a major fan of this game and have been harassing you to do one since I don't have the stuff to do a LP myself(as this would have been my first one), just ask and I will do my best to reply as soon as I can in an orderly fashion. About the only thing I don't have an ironclad memory on is exactly where all the repeatable items are and some of the exact stardust locations.

Thank you sir! I'll be asking a lot lmao, but don't worry if you can't reply in time. I'll probably bulk record here and there so I may not be able to put suggestions in vids in time too :s.

hmm then I might just post ya some key notes on the areas you might visit in advance then so as to try an pre-empt your questions

Okay found my notes I had saved and will cover you up until you leave Bale. No note worthy collectible items your first one will be in the swamp.

1. You want to examine the gravestones in Celes to get stardust.
2. When you are in limestone cave and get to that room with the pig catch him for a poison guard, it will help immensely with the boss.
3. In bale you will have six star dust. 1. check the well in town. 2. in the weapon shop check the row of spears. 3. check the fire place in the bottom of the castle. 4. from that startdust go to the second floor and up to the third, check the upper left area. 5. For this need to have bought spirits from the inn and given them to the drunken guy going into that sewer like area. But before that make sure you turn the wheel in the castle that leads to a different area of this place. If done right you will get access to the boat. You will explore some of the town, when prompted get off the boat and enter the cellar of the house check the north wall and presto. 6. It's in Lavitz house and can't be gotten till after that segment of the game. When you can leave town go back to his house go back into the kitchen area when Shana and Lavitz's mom were preparing food, it should be the room on the left.

Hope that's a good enough start for you.

I've given the thread a quick clean up upon request. Please try not to derail. Talk about the game is encouraged, but arguing isn't. Thank you! :)

Okay found my notes I had saved and will cover you up until you leave Bale. No note worthy collectible items your first one will be in the swamp.

1. You want to examine the gravestones in Celes to get stardust.
2. When you are in limestone cave and get to that room with the pig catch him for a poison guard, it will help immensely with the boss.
3. In bale you will have six star dust. 1. check the well in town. 2. in the weapon shop check the row of spears. 3. check the fire place in the bottom of the castle. 4. from that startdust go to the second floor and up to the third, check the upper left area. 5. For this need to have bought spirits from the inn and given them to the drunken guy going into that sewer like area. But before that make sure you turn the wheel in the castle that leads to a different area of this place. If done right you will get access to the boat. You will explore some of the town, when prompted get off the boat and enter the cellar of the house check the north wall and presto. 6. It's in Lavitz house and can't be gotten till after that segment of the game. When you can leave town go back to his house go back into the kitchen area when Shana and Lavitz's mom were preparing food, it should be the room on the left.

Hope that's a good enough start for you.

Thanks sir! I've now written this stuff down. I somehow remembered the grave in Seles. Somehow :wacky:.

Well hey look at it this way if you forgot the game does take you back there once in disc 1, so at least it wouldn't have harmed you if you did forget. Also I will try and post about every 2-3 days for you with the tidbits. If need more let me know and also since most areas you end up visiting twice you can find a clever way to cover it up if you go back for some items. Like ease of convenience for exploring because of plot or something.

Episode 1 - Seles' Demise

https://youtu.be/h76Z0Y6-GOQ

Hey there folks, here comes Legend Of Dragoon! From the get go, we can see that this is going to be quite a dark and gritty RPG, with those cinematics and the destruction of a village. Speaking of the cinematics, the music playing is so good! That's one of the highlights for this game; the soundtrack is top notch for sure.

Speaking of Seles' destruction, it seems that Shana (our main protagonist Dart's good pal from the village) has been kidnapped! What could they possibly want with her and why has she been put in a prison? :eek:

Thanks for watching! We'll head on over to the forest next time, which is on the way to our main destination: Hellena Prison! Or is it Hell? ;)

P.S.
Techy issues for the very first episode lmao. Oh Lord. The game audio desynched from the actual video so I had to try and synch them up. I feel like you can't tell but if it does seem a little odd, that would be why :).

okay only thing I can think of mentioning after your first video is the defending part, might want to change instead of a little healing that it will heal 10% of your current hp.

Okay now for the real bit here the next general heads up bit. Hoax there are going to be two dragoon spirits here. 1. After talking with Kaiser and you are outside go ahead and enter the house on your left, then go to the fireplace and inspect it. 2. In the screen with Kaiser but not his actual room check the lower left area of this place.

Boss Battle- Kongol make sure you don't miss with your additions, if you do he does a nasty counter-attack. After the battle you can finally use your Dragoon spirits and Rose does give you a Dragoon tutorial.

Dragoon tips. 1. Transforming into a dragon gets rid of any status abnormalities that is placed on you besides confusion or charm since you can't control your actions. 2. When you have three people with dragoon spirits in the party using the special command transforms the whole party into dragoons and gives the person who used the command an increase to their stats, the backround also changes to that of the element said person is. Another noteworthy feature is like tip number 1 it will remove all status abnormalities including confusion and charm now if a non confused or charmed char initiated the special. 3. Leveling up the Dragoon level is tied to how much SP you accumulate regardless of how you earn it. Since there are some accessories that give it to you if you are attacked physically or by magic or just 20 per turn. So the more sp you earn even if you don't transform when the gauge is full still counts towards the earned amount to level. 4. You are also immune to status effect change bar instant death in dragoon form.

Marshlands there is going to be a repeatable item here and a stardust. For the stardust I believe you have to go near the top of the screen through a ruined fort like screen first, then to the next one. You will see a battle between the knights and Sandora, after a series of battles go into the fort and check near the fire place for the stardust. To get the repeatable item you need to traverse the boat I believe it'd down and left(not to sure) but just visit all the possible places you can and you will get the magic sig stone. Not only is this a repeatable item(If you use it in battle it will repsawn in your inventory afterwards), it can block the movement of an enemy and yes even some bosses for three of their turns in battle.

Volcano Villude- nothing noteworthy

Dragons Nest- Boss battle two enemies at the same time so a little challenging, and the dragon can cause poison. After battle Lavitz get's his dragoon spirit. You can now use the special command as mentioned above earlier, since you now have three potential people that can use the dragoon command.

Loan- 4 stardust in here
1. check the jars near the beginning of town there's one. 2 as you leave that screen you see stairs going up, don't use them and just continue right, you will see a caged pig like thing check the cage for the second one. 3. Go to the bar right and you should see a blue door, you want to enter. Inside is Dabas who we meet in the volcano, anyways go all the way up climbing up ladders, and inspect the armor for number 3. 4. You want to find the house with a large bird outside, exit and enter the house on the lower left and climb up the ladder. Once you position yourself right you will see the yellow exclamation point above your head, press x to move the bookself. Climb down the ladder to the right and go left and search the green area for your last stardust in this city.

Any other questions, or concerns let me know and I will do my best to answer in an orderly fashion. With my next bit I will cover Shirleys shrine giving tips on that boss, as well as the revisit to Hellena as I believe there is another repeatable item there, and an ever useful accessory the therapy ring. The post after will just cover the Black Castle and the remaining stardust you should have at the end of disc one if you found them all which should be 20.

Episode 2 - The Forest Of No Return

https://youtu.be/SNry6hyVPuQ

Hey there folks, along the way to Hellena Prison, it seems that there's a forest blocking our path! Unlike most JRPGs though, this place is full of sunshine and is extremely stunning to look at and listen to. From the birds, the sun glare (wasn't that something some games developer was proud of as a new aspect of gaming recently?), the little maze that stops it from being overly linear. Hell, there's even a bit of a memory shown between Dart and Shana. We just have to save her! :gasp2:

So, with that enthusiasm in mind, we head on over to Hellena Prison and make a start! ;)

How will Dart save his childhood friend? Can he possibly make his way through a prison full of guards and avoid the dreaded Fruegel?

Thanks for watching folks ;).

Episode 3 - Shana In Hell

https://youtu.be/fB7yr46EqRQ

Hey peoples, it's time to go ahead and finish off Hellena Prison! It turns out that we didn't do much of it last time, but it's not that long. Longer than Forest, but that's not hard.

Oh! We also gain two new party members! Lavitz is another physical attacker, very similar to Dart right now. He's a little weaker due to his lower level addition but that's not his fault :(. He's what I see as a proper dragoon right now, due to the spear lol.

As for the other new party member...well, I'll let you check this particular person out. Dear lord, how could that not be a spoiler lmao :wacky:.

Thanks for watching! See you next time when maybe we'll see more bouncing horses at the prairie? Well...maybe lmao! :lew:

Episode 4 - The Prairie Horse

https://youtu.be/FKzKpB04oU4

What's a prairie anyway? :/

Hey folks! This time around, we need to escape by the Hellena guards by going through the Prairie! This place is so peaceful, which is my type of area in a JRPG. They're normally so nice to look at and wander through :s. Shame about the headless horse, but eh...there's always something weird going on. I wonder if it still bounces? Either way, I love the key item nature of this place. Having to solve a little puzzle to progress etc. It's something I miss a bit from newer games.

We also get to see a good arrow to the knee moment, which is always nice. Dart also shows that he had a hometown before Seles but something evil happened there.

Who is this black monster? What is this limestone cave? Why the hell did that horse have a massive neck but no head??? Thanks for watching! :D

Know ya asked me to wait till tomorrow but you went to sleep and I got bored so hope ya don't mind me writing this up now. If ya do go ahead and delete it and i'll write it up latter.

So starting in Lohan, you can get the water bottle for free by hangling with the guy. For Shirley's temple all the treasure chest throughout the place are empty, it won't be till after the two bosses that you can raid the one room and get what would presumably be in them. For the first boss try and get all chars to d.lvl 2, Dart to 3 if possible this may require some sp addition grinding. Reason why for 2 is just more mp for spells and Lavitz gets the def spell for three turns which is dead useful. At 3 Dart gets the Final Burst spell which can cause massive damage to drake. Other boss just be careful with what dialogue you choose or you will repeat question. For the fight festival back in Lohan just use your strongest addition and a poison ring for first fight, rest should be easy. Can't win the final fight no matter what also.

Now we head back to Hellena if you can before entering have Lavitz learn most of his additions, you want to try and unlock his ultimate by the last boss fight of the area, not only will it do massive damage to Fugrel himself but it will outright kill one of the subbosses, the one on the right I believe. You can use that lift that was broken the first time, get on it and go right for the Threapy Ring, nice little acessory that when equiped restores 10% of your hp at the beginning of your turn. Just easier to copy and paste this here for all the items.
Go in the door, then go in the one to your right for a Felt
Hat, then follow the path for a Therapy Ring. Whatever you
do, NEVER SELL THIS!!!! You will very much need it when you
get to the fourth disc. However, if you ever happen to
mistakenly sell it, there is just one other place where you
can get one. But more of that later. Now head all the way
back and go through the first doorway to the left of the one
you first came in. Go up the lift for a Thunderbolt. Now,
instead of going down the lift, go to the right and press X to
slide down a rope. Get the Silver Embroidered Vest and slide
down the next rope. Go in the door and the one furthest to
the left. Go up the lift for a Pandemonium. Go back down and
up the ladder next to the first lift you took. Get the
Leather Armor and go back down, get into the lift, and this
time go upstairs.

I'm 99% sure the Pandemonium is repeatable. For the boss just unload with your magical attacks, Rose and Astral Drain mostly. Try to be dragoon as much as possible to protect from confusion.
Just pretty much follow the path then to the new one in the area you got caught previously and it's the Fugrel Fight so just remember the above tips.

Next post will cover all of Hoax and the Black Castle since I assume you will do that all in one go and that will wrap up Disc 1. I'll also post in in 4 days since this was two dungeons here.

Bloopedy Bloop

Thanks again sir! You should see the notes I write from your posts :lew:. They're incredibly helpful.

------------------------------------------------------

Episode 5 - Cave Full Of Limes

https://youtu.be/H_Cviv3kgxY

Hey peoples, it's time to make our way through the Limestone Cave! I love the music here and the amount of little sidequest things is pretty great!

I love the rabbit-pig, the water-sliding, the introduction of healing points (so weird lmao). That scene with the slippery rocks (poor Shana). It's just all such a well-made and rich dungeon.

Thanks for watching! We'll check out the end of the dungeon next time; I'm sure it'll be danger free? ;)

P.S.
Tomorrow's episode will just be a bit of filler. I wasn't going to upload at all 'cause I'll be streaming the new FF15 demo over on Youtube (and here in effect).

Episode 5b - Foot-Tapping To The Limestone Cave Beat

https://youtu.be/lwfZuYkoR1o

Hey there folks, this time around I'm just putting up my favourite aspect of the Limestone Cave: the song that plays there! :)

Thanks for watching! We'll be carrying on tomorrow.

Episode 6 - Urobolus Attacks!

https://youtu.be/BHYEtdNvgyU

Hey there folks, what we have here is the boss of the Limestone Cave! Urobolus is so unique due to his movement patterns and the way he can traverse the battlefield through the holes in the walls like the worm he is! I found that just using attack items with Shana and attacking with the other two was fine for beating our wormy friend ;).

We also check out the next area; Indels Castle: Captial Bale! The music here is stunning and a little bit tropical. The town itself has some stunning yellow leaves going for it and it all just seems so homely and warm :). There are a million little buildings and secrets lying around and that's just amazing in its own right.

Thanks for watching folks! I'll see you next time when we check out the castle and meet the King :lew:!

Before the episode, I thought I'd post a pic of my scribbles I'm made based on our corrupter of souls' tips and stuff:

https://twitter.com/greenyxii/status/719183508476923904

I'm gonna have to write some more stuff up later based on the latest post ha :lew:.

--------------------------------------

Episode 7 - Ma's Home Cooking!

https://youtu.be/IKNWMctO8vg

Hey there folks, we still have stuff to do in Bale! We get to meet King Albert, who informs us about an attack on Hoax (the next town over), so we'd better head on over there to help out huh? Well, we will do once we've gone to Lavitz' mother's house and had a good old-fashioned home cooked meal! We may as well have a sleep too, just in case the assault on Hoax hasn't quite happened yet. Just in case. Finally, we collect all the stardust around here, which involves the town drunk and a boat that can't be reached unless you go a wee bit out of your way lmao.

Thanks so much for watching! I'll see you guys next time when we head off to save the town of Hoax and try to the fight the enemies back a bit, thus helping Bale :lew:.

P.S.
I'd prefer a chinese to a home-cooked meal. Just sayin' @Lavitz' Mam.

Okay time to post up Kanzas and black castle so let's get the star dust out of the way, there is six of them. Go to the house on the right and check the barrels. 2. Now enter the house and check the area around the chest. 3. Going into the third house on the right check the area around the counter. That's it for the main town, the next three are in the straw house areas. When you get to the slum straw places enter the first house you see and check the bookshelf for number 4. For 5 go down the ladder to the right go inside the first door on the right and check the barrels to the left. For the last and final one of disc 1 from the previous one check the upper left barrels in the room near the stairs. You should now have all 20 stardust for disc 1.

Overall castle tips in the flame room you have a healing point so you can re spawn soldiers and level additions and dragoon levels, don't be using Haschel wait till end of Disc 1 so you have his D.spirit. Kongol shows up again in battle armor but this time you have dragoon forms and he's weak versus magic, also need to complete your additions against him or he shall counter. Doel's fight is a fight of attrition just make sure you have a lot of healing items, you can also use that flame heal after the Kongol fight. Doel has two forms his human form then his dragoon form, in his dragoon form he can put up a shield that makes him impervious to all forms of damage so just guard and heal until it goes down. Congratulations now for having five dragoon's and beating disc 1

Episode 8 - It's A Hoax!

https://youtu.be/OJwcb8wBkgg

Hey there folks, it's time to check out the town of Hoax! This place is certainly over-protective, but is that enough to defend against an enemy army? We can try and help but there aren't too many of us :(.

As well as the small bit of exploration for the small town, we also fight Kongol; our next boss! Just don't miss with your additions and you'll be fine. Defend a tonne if your health starts to go too low :).

We also nab ourselves a new party member: Rose! She's really great and comes with a dragoon spirit! Finally, the battles are about to become more interesting! We can use spells now and can even avoid status ailments and stuff!

Thanks for watching! They seem to want us to to fight the enemies back at the Marshland next so that's precisely what we'll do! In a bit :).

Back