Let's Play Grandia! [FIN]

Episode 32 - A Purple Haired Farewell!

Hey folks, today we say goodbye to half of our party :(. This scene is the most memorable (and saddest) part of the game to me. I remember always wishing that you could get her back, even if through secrets etc. Sort of like how I always wished you could get Aeris back in FF7 :(.

We also head off to the Sea of Mermaids via a new boat! Some really nice scenes aboard :).

Thanks for watching! See you in a bit! :)

Episode 33 - Grinning For Days

Hey folks, today we're checking out the Sea of Mermaids, in order to save them! Unfortunately, the Grinwhale has to come along and ruin our young Justin's fantasies but eh...that's life, Justin. That's life :'(.

Thanks for watching! See you in a bit for the 2nd (and last) disc of the game! :)

Reactions: Shu
Episode 34 - Only Virgins May Enter!

Hey folks, it's time to kick off disc 2! The Virgin Forest is what's in store first and it's a biggy! In fact, it took 90 minutes to record but came out at under 30 minutes lmao. Had a nightmare of a time editing this one due to...loads of technical problems but it's here now lol.

Thanks for watching! Looks like we have a boss next time! See you then :).

Episode 35 - The DK Rapp

So they're finally here, performing for you
if you know the words you can join in too
put your hands together if you wanna clap
as we take you through this monkey rap!

Huh! DK! Donkey Kong!

He's the leader of the bunch
you know him well
he's finally back to kick some tail
his coconut gun can fire with spurst
if he shoots ya it's gonna hurt
He's bigger, faster and stronger too
he's the first member of the DK Crew!

Huh! DK! Donkey Kong! DK! Donkey Kong is here!

This kong's got style so listen up dude
she can shrink in size and suits the mood
she's quick and nimble when she needs to be
she can float through the air and climb up trees
if you choose her, you'll not choose wrong
with the skip and a hop, she's one cool kong!

Huh! DK! Donkey Kong!

He has no style, he has no grace
this cool kong has a funny face
he can handstand when he needs to
and stretches arms out just for you
inflate himself, just like a balloon
this crazy kong just digs his tune

Huh! DK! Donkey Kong! DK! Donkey Kong is here!

He's back again and about time too
and this time he's in the mood
he can fly real high with his jetpack on
with his pistols out he's one tough kong
he'll make you smile when he plays his tune
but kremlings beware, 'cause he's after you!

Huh! DK! Donkey Kong!

Finally he's here for you
it's the last member of the DK Crew
this kong's so strong he isn't funny
he makes out of a kremling cry out for mommy
he can pick up a boulder with relative ease
makes crushing rocks seems such a breeze
he may move slow, he can't jump high
but this kong's one hell of a guy!

Huh! C'mon on Cranky take it to the fridge!

Walnuts, peanuts, pineapple smell
grapes, melons, oranges and coconut shells!
Oh yeah (x2)

Reactions: Shu
Episode 35 - Rapp's Parents Look Petrified

Hey guys, today we're going to meet the parents. Rapp's parents are charming, with their stony complexions and curvy bodies.

Although I joke, it's quite a sad area, is the Petrified Forest. It would have been good to have had some sort of flashback to see how it all went down but...meh ha.

Thanks for watching! See you in a bit for the Tower of Doooooooom! ;)

This is an amazing game, i love Grandia II cu'z have an amazing story too

Yeah, Grandia 2 is a much more refined game imo. The 1st is good fun but you can see the improvements in the sequel :).

-----------------------------------

Episode 37 - Tower Of Dooooooom!

Hey peoples, today we're starting the Tower of Doom! It kicks things off with a boss (Milda), who's all about the physical attacks, but she ain't overly bad. She's actually a new party member, in fact! Don't expect her to use spells but y'know...she's a tank who's better than Gadwin so it's all good :).

Thanks for watching! More next time and prepare for a wee bit of a twist from this military base ;).

Episode 38 - A Monster Created

Hey folks, time to take care of the rest of the Tower of Doom! There's such a good cinematic here but it's like...5 seconds long? Reminds me a whole tonne of Jenova.

Episode 39 - Sprouting In The Desert

Hey folks, here's the last of Cafu Village (including a nice bit of stalking from our favourite pursuers)! We also have a new type of area in the Zil Desert!

Thanks for watching! See you in a bit!

P.S. Just in case you didn't see my vloggy vlog, I'm off to Spain now until Sunday 10th June so I'll see you in a while! :)

Episode 40 - The Cultural Mixing Pot

Hey peoples, today we're finishing off the Zil Desert and we also play through all of the following town: Zil Padon! It's interesting to see the different creatures and races all (not) getting along in one town ha. Finally, we play through the Savanna Wilderness! This place is a bit brown for my liking, but it's nice and short so it's all good. We've got a new mountainous area next so I'll see you around for that :).

Thanks for watching! :)

Episode 41 - There's Snow Business

...Like show business!

Hey peoples :D. Today we take on the Brinan Plateau, which turns out to be the start of a snowy region! Nice enough really...I do love my snow in games lmao.We also check out the snowy Laine Village! At least, we make it there and do a nice bit of shopping before having a good rest at the inn with a cuppa hot chocolate :s.

Thanks for watching! See you in a bit for the rest of the village and we find out where we're heading next.

P.S. Holiday update i this vid too lmao. Also, 50 minutes was cut down to this 15ish minutes; this game really does take a lot of time to record xD.

Episode 42 - Let's Do The Space Warp!

Hey folks, today we're checking out two very different villages, both with the same name! Laine Village has a new area and an old one...

Thanks for watching! See you next time when hopefully we'll find that horn of knowledge! ;)

Episode 43 - He's Horny Again!

Hey folks, today we have a repeat boss against the Gaia Battler! This gives us the power to make a cow horny and that's what life is aaaaaall about.

Thanks for watching! We'll see what lies under Zil Padon next time! :)

Episode 44 - Underneath Zil Padon

Hey there folks, today we get to see what lies under Zil Padon: the Zil Ruins! There's a boss here too, going by the name of the Ruin Guard. He can be a bit of a bugger if you let him get too many attacks in :s.

Thanks for watching! See you in a bit for more ruined goodness! :)

Episode 45 - Kidnapping The Adventurer!

Hey peoples, we're finishing off the Zil Ruins today and there's some pretty major plot development too! In fact, the game is about to start progressing the plot a whole lot throughout the next few areas of the game so it's going to get that bit more exciting :).

Episode 46 - Grandeur Than Life

Hey there folks, today we take on the Grandeur! Lots of plot progression incoming that really ups my interest in the game again. To be honest, somewhere in the middle, I lose a bit of interest; it's just mountain range after mountain range, y'know? Now though, things are really about to pick up :).

Episode 47 - Blood And Rainbows

Hey folks, today we have the showdown between Justin and General Baal! Such an effective fight; I love how we've been seeing him for so long and we finally get to take him on :D.

We also check out the Rainbow Mountains (or at least some of it) and it's really gorgeous to both look at and listen to. Yes, it's another mountain area but it's very different and by far the best of them that we've seen :).

Thanks for watching! See you in a bit for the rest of the Rainbow Mountains! :)

Episode 48 - We Finally Made It!!!

Hey folks, we finally made it to Alent! After all this time throughout the game, we've made it to the ultimate destination! :D

There's a wee bit of a boss rush awaiting us at the front garden but it's all good. I'm sure we can whip their arses into shape! ;)

Episode 49 - We're Blasting Off Again!

Hey folks, today we check out the rest of Alent and earn our final party member! Liete is an excellent mage with some unique spells up her sleeves! She's one of my top 4 party members in the game (the others being Justin, Feena and Sue).

We also check out the start of the Luzet Mountains...more on that later :).

Thanks for watching! See you again iiiin a bit! :)

P.S. I love that rocket scene. Reminds me of a certain anime with a team who likes their rockets ;).

Episode 50 - The Train Graveyard

Hey people! We're done with the Luzet Mountains so it's time to head off to the Underground Railway Ruins! It's a little bit like the train graveyard in FF7. A little bit. Maybe. Maybe not. It's not. *cough*

Back