FIN Let's Play Crash Bandicoot 4!

Crash Landed Perfected!

Jeeeeesus, 3 hours later!

-------------------------------------

Crash Landed (N.Verted)!

-------------------------------------

A Hole In Space Boss (Normal and N.Verted)!

I love the opening area to this one! :)

Food Run Perfected!

Crash doesn't grip the wall runners all the time, making this stage hard! Still a fun one though.

-----------------------------------------------

Food Run (N.Verted)!

Rush Hour Perfected!

------------------------------------------

Rush Hour (N.Verted)!

The Crate Escape Perfected!

The Crate Escape (N.Verted)!

Why are the futuristic city levels (Rush Hour, Food Run, and The Crate Escape) underwater in their N-Verted modes? I don’t get that one. Unless they are trying to say that in the future the sea level will rise so high that even skyscrapers are underwater…. Very curious! I guess they are going for the Rapture experience.

I love the Cortex Castle, etc, levels though with the retro music and arcade point scores. That's quite a neat new mechanic. They've really tried to experiment with some of these N-Verted modes.

Why are the futuristic city levels (Rush Hour, Food Run, and The Crate Escape) underwater in their N-Verted modes? I don’t get that one. Unless they are trying to say that in the future the sea level will rise so high that even skyscrapers are underwater…. Very curious! I guess they are going for the Rapture experience.

I love the Cortex Castle, etc, levels though with the retro music and arcade point scores. That's quite a neat new mechanic. They've really tried to experiment with some of these N-Verted modes.

It feels like...you know in some Rayman games, you can change the screen effects with optional unlockables? You can make the screen black and white or old fashioned TV style? It feels like these stages are just those but made mandatory to finish the game completely, to me.

Honestly, all I could think of was Bioshock :lew:. That or the year 3000 song. Either way, the way it slows you down so much makes it my least favourite n.verted gimmick (though it does look pretty good).

Those arcade style stages are amazing though! You even get points and stuff :ryan:.

The Past Unmasked (Final Boss Etc)!

-----------------------------------------------

My Final Time Trial, 106% Ending And Platinum Trophy! ~Thanks For Watching!~

So excited! Probably my hardest plat to get ever but we got there! Thanks so much for sticking with me for this very different series. I don't think I'll do anything quite like it ever again.

Thanks again! See you real soon :D

Blooming heck! Massive congratulations on getting the platinum for Crash 4.
Especially managing the Time Trial for the final level. I really, really struggled with that level on a normal run. How you managed to get through the last bit and make it look so effortless I don't know.

Thanks for doing it though, as I now get to see the bonus cutscene that I'll likely never get to see with my own eyes!

It feels like...you know in some Rayman games, you can change the screen effects with optional unlockables? You can make the screen black and white or old fashioned TV style? It feels like these stages are just those but made mandatory to finish the game completely, to me.

That's true. There are a couple of games where you can unlock different screen modes. I think Uncharted and The Last of Us might have had something similar too. I couldn't deal with corrupting these narratively excellent games with a gimmick, but Crash 4 seems to be putting the gimmick to a good use.

Blooming heck! Massive congratulations on getting the platinum for Crash 4.
Especially managing the Time Trial for the final level. I really, really struggled with that level on a normal run. How you managed to get through the last bit and make it look so effortless I don't know.

Thanks for doing it though, as I now get to see the bonus cutscene that I'll likely never get to see with my own eyes!

That's true. There are a couple of games where you can unlock different screen modes. I think Uncharted and The Last of Us might have had something similar too. I couldn't deal with corrupting these narratively excellent games with a gimmick, but Crash 4 seems to be putting the gimmick to a good use.
Thanks Dan! Yeah...watch the 106% ending here. It's not worth all the trouble :wacky:.

That's what I think too. I find these different screen modes ruin most games and are only interesting to see for like a minute each. Crash gives you incentive to try them for longer though :).

Last edited:
Back