greenyxi

Veteran
Gil
Chocobo Egg
Kuja
Garnet
Tifa Lockhart
Sabin's Tent
Hey there folks, this is a bit of an odd one for many reasons. I wasn't planning to make a let's play on the game so I didn't record the first few stages. We do go back to them for the n.verted versions though so they aren't completely missed. Also, there are no comms and it's a mini-episode format with a single stage per episode. It takes so long to get that perfect that it's all I can mange :'). I hope this is ok :s.

Actually, I'm trying out the PS5 built in editor to trim the start and end of stages and uploading directly from the console, cutting out a tonne of the work on capture card. It's not very often I'll be able to do this so...this is a definite positive on my end.

With all that said:

Let's Play Crash Bandicoot 4!

Here is the playlist for everything so far:

I'll post the uploads here every other day, when they go up. Sorry, I know this is all a bit wonky and all over the place. Once tomorrow comes around though, it should all fall into place *fingers crossed*.

I think I need some help with this series since I'm feeling so out of my comfort zone. I've put this video together for opinions...any comments are appreciated :s.

That background music though! I have no idea what that is from, but I liked it. :D

My suggestion would be, as you say, fill in gap days with Crash Bandicoot 4 without committing yourself to a full Let's Play. Any video you complete that you think justifies being shared, be it N-Verted modes, or a perfect run, or a hidden bonus, or even a favourite level of yours. Something like that, without needing to make any promises about doing all of it.

I have no idea what the PS5 video system is like. I hope it is better than the PS4's version. The PS4 system wasn't bad, but it would sometimes take longer to load or longer to save cuts than I would have liked.

That background music though! I have no idea what that is from, but I liked it. :D

My suggestion would be, as you say, fill in gap days with Crash Bandicoot 4 without committing yourself to a full Let's Play. Any video you complete that you think justifies being shared, be it N-Verted modes, or a perfect run, or a hidden bonus, or even a favourite level of yours. Something like that, without needing to make any promises about doing all of it.

I have no idea what the PS5 video system is like. I hope it is better than the PS4's version. The PS4 system wasn't bad, but it would sometimes take longer to load or longer to save cuts than I would have liked.

Thanks for the advice Dans! The background music is from 3D Dot Game Heroes. Such a good game :lew:.

I think I've decided. For now, 2 mini-episodes every other day. 1 episode will be the perfected version of the normal level and the other will be just a playthrough of the N.Verted version. I like how this is all pretty flexible and...different to how I normally do things lol.

The PS5 editing tool is extremely basic but so simple to trim and upload. I really like it but I would prefer to go down the capture card route for a normal series.

---------------------------------------------

Truck Stopped - N. Verted

I actually got an accidental perfect! Who knew it was possible :lew:.

Hit The Road - N. Verted

Not sure what to think of the n. verted aesthetics for the wastelands island. Much prefer those from the prologue island :).

Booty Calls (N.Verted)

-----------------------------------------------

Hook, Line, And Sinker (N.Verted)

I really love the aesthetic for the pirate island! Makes it so much fun, even when essentially replaying previous stages :).

Jetboard Jetty (N.Verted)!

You guys ready for a nice, painted boss??? ;)

----------------------------------------

Give It A Spin (N.Verted)!

I absolutely love using this new mask! Spin spin spin awaaaaaaaay~

I still haven't tried these N. Verted modes myself yet!

It is interesting to see the varied effects depending on the world. I like the paint splash one in particular. It makes it even more rewarding hitting things and smashing crates if it colours the environment at the same time.

Interesting how the Wumpa fruit has been switched out for berries in these versions too.

I still haven't tried these N. Verted modes myself yet!

It is interesting to see the varied effects depending on the world. I like the paint splash one in particular. It makes it even more rewarding hitting things and smashing crates if it colours the environment at the same time.

Interesting how the Wumpa fruit has been switched out for berries in these versions too.
You should give them a go :lew:. My favourite so far is the effect from the 1st island but I love that paint one too :).

There are some other differences. I can't remember which world it is (it may be all of them without me noticing) but it increases the speed of things too. I loved that ha.

-------------------------------------------------

Off Balance (N.Verted)!

Potion Commotion (N.Verted)!

Draggin' On (N.Verted)!

Off Beat Perfected!

Probably my favourite stage! I've played a decent bit further than the uploads and nothing has beaten it yet imo.

-----------------------------------------------

Off Beat (N.Verted)!

The n.verted style is really fitting for this one! Love how the music has changed a bit too :).

Home Cookin' Perfected!

-------------------------------------------

Home Cookin' (N.Verted) Perfected!

Now this stage is good fun (improved in n.verted imo)! A new character to check out and a tonne of fun with Luigi's Mansion mechanics! Enjoy! :)

Thar He Blows Perfected!

The bonus stage in this one...

------------------------------------------------

Thar He Blows (N.Verted)!

That bonus stage again lmao!

Off Beat (N.Verted)!

The n.verted style is really fitting for this one! Love how the music has changed a bit too :).

Home Cookin' (N.Verted) Perfected!

Now this stage is good fun (improved in n.verted imo)! A new character to check out and a tonne of fun with Luigi's Mansion mechanics! Enjoy! :)

I love the way they've made these changes. Especially, as you say, how they've altered the music to fit the silent movie style. They must be my favourites of the N. Verted modes seen so far. Almost tempted to try them myself!

I love the way they've made these changes. Especially, as you say, how they've altered the music to fit the silent movie style. They must be my favourites of the N. Verted modes seen so far. Almost tempted to try them myself!

It's probably my favourite of them too :lew:. That or those from the 1st island. Go for them and let me know Dan :).

Run It Bayou Perfected!

Hardest stage to perfect so far! This took a good 3 hours lmao.

Run It Bayou (N.Verted)!

No Dillo Dallying Perfected!

---------------------------------------

No Dillo Dallying (N.Verted)!

Snow Way Out Perfected!

Snow Way Out (N.Verted)!

Stay Frosty Perfected!

Stay Frosty (N.Verted)!

Bears Repeating Perfected!

Bears Repeating (N.Verted)!

---------------------------------------​

There we go, all caught up! :)

I wonder why they went for comic book aesthetics for the N-Verted mode of the 1950s weird science, Siberian (I guess?), Cold War-vibe levels. That's interesting.

I guess it is leading up to Cortex, so fitting there.

Dionysos - I'm not really sure. I feel like some of the n.verted styles feel a little bit tacked on and are just there for the sake of it. I might be missing the point of those though lol.

----------------------------------------------

Building Bridges Perfected!

Building Bridges (N.Verted)!

4th Time's A Charm!

4th Time's A Charm (N.Verted)!

Blast To The Past Perfected!

Blast To The Past (N.Verted) Perfected!

Fossil Fuelled Perfected!

Ship Happens Perfected!

----------------------------------------------​

All caught up! The odd stage doesn't have the n.verted version sadly. The PS5 sometimes bugs out when recording past gameplay but this is the last time it happens for the series so...silver linings!

Thanks for watching! See you in a bit! :)

Dino Dash Perfected!

-----------------------------------------

Dino Dash (N.Verted)!

I really enjoyed this island, I must say! Really reminded me of classic Crash games from way back when :sir:.

Shipping Error Perfected!

------------------------------------------

Shipping Error (N.Verted) Perfected!

That's right, I perfected an n.verted stage! God knows how :lew:.

Back