Advent Children Just Watched The Film (Spoiler Alert!)

Shyne

Banned
Gil
I've just watched Final Fantasy Advent Children. I've had the movie for a while but haven't had time to watch it. I've got some points to make and some questions. Please note, this contains some spoilers throughout...

As the film starts out, i was shocked to see that Cloud was friends with Reno and Rude. During the game he wasn't friends with these two. Cloud was also friendly with Rufus. Which had me thinking... Rufus is the son of the President Of ShinRa. Rufus and Cloud had a memorable battle in FF7 in which i thought Rufus had died. It turns out i was wrong. After some research it shows that Rufus was revived by paramedics... Hence he's still alive, but has nasty injuries from his encounter with Weapon and Sephiroth.

Soon enough, three new characters who i've not heard of before decide to come into play and take a huge role in the film. Kadaj, Loz and Yazoo. Am i right in saying they were not in FF7? I don't see how they got involved in trying to get 'Jenova' (Mother) onto the Planet. And i'm not sure why Sephiroth needs Jenova to summon Meteor. (Sephiroth needs to summon meteor to kill the planet, so he can become God on the new planet he was talking about).

Now onto another point. I was shocked at how little screentime the original cast got. I thought Barret and co got dragged in last minute. I almost thought they were not getting introduced.

Quickly, i'll just mention Zack. I wasn't sure that Zack was killed. But after more research, it turns out he died saving Cloud when they were in SOLDIER. So we see Zack with Aerith. Both 'ghosts', but watching over Cloud. This is VERY interesting that Zack is dead with Aerith, because in Crisis Core, which is yet to be released for the Sony PSP, it is set 6 years before Final Fantasy 7. During this time, Zack and Aerith were very close. So they lived together and died together. I am now extremely curious to find out why they were so close etc. So i'll be buying a PSP just to find out.

Random things to add:

I was glad to see Marelene make a return. She's grown up in 2 years!!!

Cait Sith.......is Scottish. Now that kinda took the piss. No offense to anyone who is Scottish, for the record, i have Scottish friends, but when everyone else had a plain accent, why did they give Cait Sith a Scottish accent? That was just weird.

Cid was looking stronger than ever!

I liked the way Vincent didn't have a phone, and Marlene got mad at him. Then when Vincent came to battle Bahamut Sin, he said something along the lines of: ''does anybody know if i can buy a phone here?''

And that's all. If you want to add something or answer my questions feel free. Thanks for reading.

Good movie. Late to the show, but it's good you saw it. :D

Shyne said:
why did they give Cait Sith a Scottish accent?

They felt like making Cait Sith as annoying as humanly possible. What's more annoying than a cat with a scottish accent? Not much.

Shyne said:
Am I right in saying that they were not in FF7?

Yes, you are correct. This movie is a continuation of that game, so new characters are likely to emerge.

Cait Sith.......is Scottish. Now that kinda took the piss. No offense to anyone who is Scottish, for the record, i have Scottish friends, but when everyone else had a plain accent, why did they give Cait Sith a Scottish accent? That was just weird.

Yeah it is weird that most of the characters have american accents:P .

They gave him a scottish accent because hes based on a scottish fairy tale.

OK then. Kadaj, Loz, and Yazoo (or the SHM as they're more commonly known as) are manifestations of Sephiroth's will due to his imprint left upon the lifestream. Essentially, they are Sephiroth, though they don't actually know it. That's how they get involved in it all
This time, Sephiroth is not trying to summon Meteor. He is attepmting to summon an anti-lifestream of his own creation (the black cloud-like thing that he summons during the fight with Cloud). He will use this to sail the cosmos and find the true Promised Land. He will kill all life on Gaia to acheive this
I'm not entirely sure on the Zack-Aeris situation, but they were togehter, remember? Someone else can probably clear that up for you

^^^

Thanks for that. Makes sense. I should let you know, i found that Meteor bit of info on a place i'll pm you with.

I also need to ask, 'what is in the Promised Land'. I heard of it through FF7 all the time but i'm not sure if they ever described what it was.

I don't think it is actually described, but the way I took it is that it's a place of supreme hapiness or something like that. ShinRa wanted to find it because they thought there'd be an abundnce of Mako energy to exploit

(quote)They felt like making Cait Sith as annoying as humanly possible. What's more annoying than a cat with a scottish accent? Not much.

ENOUGH about the accent ok im sick of ppl like u whining and having a go:mad:

Anyways the thing that ruined the film was some of the awful one liners that were said....u know what they were.

(quote)They felt like making Cait Sith as annoying as humanly possible. What's more annoying than a cat with a scottish accent? Not much.

ENOUGH about the accent ok im sick of ppl like u whining and having a go:mad:

Anyways the thing that ruined the film was some of the awful one liners that were said....u know what they were.

i don't think people hate the Scottish accent. I certainly don't. I just think it was extremely out of place when the cast seemed to have English/American accents, which are pretty plain, not as strong as the Scottish accent, and it just really stood out.

I mean, i have a Scottish friend, so i know.... Imagine going to a bar full of English and American people and saying: ''what yoo on aboot''' in a Scottish accent. It'd just seem a bit out of place. Nothing personal though, the accent is pretty cool

This is VERY interesting that Zack is dead with Aerith, because in Crisis Core, which is yet to be released for the Sony PSP, it is set 6 years before Final Fantasy 7. During this time, Zack and Aerith were very close. So they lived together and died together. I am now extremely curious to find out why they were so close etc. So i'll be buying a PSP just to find out.

Ok - yes Zack and Aerith are together in the lifestream - but in Aeriths Official novel - it clearly states:

"She saw Cloud for who he was, but it didnt matter - she loved him far greater than her first love"

So YES even though Zack and Aerith are together in the lifestream they aren't "together" Aerith loves Cloud and not zack - shes moved on from him :)

It's a pretty common misperception that Zack and Aerith are "together" by the end of AC. What's more likely is that Aerith brought Zack back in order to help ease Cloud's guilt--as can be seen in the fact that her memories cause Zack to reappear in Maiden, so she obviously has contact with him--rather than for her own benefit.

But AG's right--Aerith does specifically say that she loves Cloud more than Zack, and she even tells Zack that she won't call for him unless she's "really lonely". Which she obviously isn't. :P

As for Cait Sith, if you've watched AC in the Japanese, he's much more like how I think gamers imagined him. I didn't waste much time on the English; watched it once for kicks and then promptly went back to the Japanese due to the superior voice acing.

Cloud actually does get pretty close to the Turks in Final Fantasy VII; recall his misadventures with them in Wutai and their meeting during the last raid on the Shinra tower. He does have a relationship with all the Turks, so the relationship in AC isn't all that strange at all.

indeed Cloud is friends with Reno and Rude, probably because their boss owes him alot, so they were ORDERED to become friends or something like that... and yes there are new characters and the old are scattered everywhere and cloud doesn't or thinks he can't help anyone anymore thats about it really...

(quote) I mean, i have a Scottish friend, so i know.... Imagine going to a bar full of English and American people and saying: ''what yoo on aboot''' in a Scottish accent. It'd just seem a bit out of place. Nothing personal though, the accent is pretty cool[/quote]

what yoo on aboot hahahah awesome. Speaking like that is my language i say it wherever i go. the people outside of scotland usually they just stare at me and say 'excuse me could u please repeat that, lol i love it

Stayin on topic as for the random characters thrown in it was definately a good thing sorta added sumthin new to the game instead of just good ole sephiroth. B4 ac came out i found it hard to figure out how they were gonna fit a final fantasy 7 movie into 81mins of film. should it have been longer???? i think so.

As the film starts out, i was shocked to see that Cloud was friends with Reno and Rude. During the game he wasn't friends with these two. Cloud was also friendly with Rufus. Which had me thinking... Rufus is the son of the President Of ShinRa. Rufus and Cloud had a memorable battle in FF7 in which i thought Rufus had died. It turns out i was wrong. After some research it shows that Rufus was revived by paramedics... Hence he's still alive, but has nasty injuries from his encounter with Weapon and Sephiroth.

Cloud isn't friend with the Turks and Rufus. They just are fighting in the same side, against Sephiroth.

Soon enough, three new characters who i've not heard of before decide to come into play and take a huge role in the film. Kadaj, Loz and Yazoo. Am i right in saying they were not in FF7? I don't see how they got involved in trying to get 'Jenova' (Mother) onto the Planet. And i'm not sure why Sephiroth needs Jenova to summon Meteor. (Sephiroth needs to summon meteor to kill the planet, so he can become God on the new planet he was talking about).

After Cloud destroyed Sephiroth's soul in the Lifestream(that one vs one battle in the end of the game) his soul/spirit/will divided in three parts, Kadaj, Loz, and Yazoo.
"Kadaj, Loz, and Yazoo are referred to as physical manifestations of Sephiroth's spirit and will three times in the English text, with the specific
wording used in Japanese being something akin to "will bodies of Sephiroth's thoughts" on one of those occasions and "phantoms of Sephiroth" on another. Also, Kadaj is said to represent Sephiroth's cruelty, while Yazoo represents his allure and Loz represents his strength."

Sephiroth didn't want to summon Meteor in AC. After Jenova was destroyed in FFVII, her cells spreaded in the Lifestream. Then when the Lifestream destroyed Meteor, her cells infected many people. When their bodies try to fight against Jenova's cells, it create Geostigma.
People that are affected by it, after dying, return to the Lifestream. But because of the Geostigma, their souls are corrupted with Jenova/Sephiroth's will. Each person that died by the disease, begun to form a new Lifestream(a tainted one). Sephiroth wanted to use this Tainted Lifestream to kill all life in the planet, and transform it in a "space ship" to travell the universe.

Ok - yes Zack and Aerith are together in the lifestream - but in Aeriths Official novel - it clearly states:

"She saw Cloud for who he was, but it didnt matter - she loved him far greater than her first love"

So YES even though Zack and Aerith are together in the lifestream they aren't "together" Aerith loves Cloud and not zack - shes moved on from him :)

I would not use that novel if I were a clerith fan because the novel also clearly states this:

In truth, Aerith really wanted to do it herself. But she couldn't carry out the task. That's why she entrusted Tifa with it. She entrusted Tifa with all the feelings she had for Cloud in her heart. She entrusted them to the one that was going to "live" together with Cloud...

This part is conviently ignored.:P

Last edited:
Back