Is it just me or...

is it just me...or is this the most pointless thread ever?

How can a game be "pointless"? it can be boring, unfun, and pathetic but never Pointless - its always going to appeal to someone ^_^

i personally liked this game - especially when my friends came round and we played it for like 7 hours XD

Best weekend ever XD

Well i found it pointless xD
I played it, found there was NO storyline whatsoever, the battling was odd..the caravan system...wtf?
looking back on it, playing it was..I don't even remember xD

I agree with AG how can a game be pointless i actually liked it though i only played it for a week then my gamecube broke :'(

I agree with AG how can a game be pointless i actually liked it though i only played it for a week then my gamecube broke :'(

The pokemon game for the PSX was pointless, a copy one
you load the game up, pikachu comes up on screen, some diglett's do a dance, and then it's game over, no gameplay whatsoever, i think it's a joke,but hey xD

there was a pokemon game for psx!! *zombie voice* must get lol nahhhh im kidding come on there must have been SOME gameplay?

This is the worst game ever!
There's no visible storyline, bar the little tale of an adventurer your father tells you each year. I couldn't see the game actually heading anywhere. The characters were god awful, and the battle system makes want to throw up
Is it actually possible to complete this?

Wow. you clearly have no taste in this game whatsoever. FFCC is one of my fav FF's so far. Maybe it's because they didn't use the turn based fighitng that your so used to.

You're right. I have no love for this game what so ever. There was no visible storyline, and the main objective was boring to say the least. You could do it by only exploring about 5 areas. There's no challenge in it at all, the battles were monotonous, repetetive and tedious and I felt absolutely no connection to any of the characters at all. The moogle that travelled with you was an annoying oain in the arse constantly. I can't see any part of the game to compliment [/rant]

This is the worst game ever!
There's no visible storyline, bar the little tale of an adventurer your father tells you each year. I couldn't see the game actually heading anywhere. The characters were god awful, and the battle system makes want to throw up
Is it actually possible to complete this?

Pooley typed the words right outta my mouth :giggle:

See, this is why it was meant for multiplayer. FFCC was never meant as a single player game, this is why they have multiplayer in it. Let me ask you something. Have you ever played an adventure game with about 3 other friends of yours? I don't think so. This is what makes the game fun.

I can't see why having any more people playing along will make this game better in the slightest way. I'll use the above arguements as before. It doesn't change the story. It doesn't make the characters any more interesting. It actually makes the game less challenging. It just means that four of you are going to be bored instead of yourself

I can't see why having any more people playing along will make this game better in the slightest way. I'll use the above arguements as before. It doesn't change the story. It doesn't make the characters any more interesting. It actually makes the game less challenging. It just means that four of you are going to be bored instead of yourself

Indeed and all it does is create arguements and rows on about what to do and where to go. People fall out over silly things like that.

This game was made for the multiplayer. The story and characters can't be compared to other Final Fantasy games because they weren't written to be like that. Playing it single-player kills the experience, because it exposes these flaws. I played with my brother and a friend and we never got into "fights" or anything like that. We had the most fun just running around fighting enemies and yelling the occasional "heal, please!" It's just a little light fun.

I played with my brother and a friend and we never got into "fights" or anything like that. We had the most fun just running around fighting enemies and yelling the occasional "heal, please!" It's just a little light fun.

Yes games are meant to be light fun, but people can get frustrated at others when a game is played. You may not, but thats not to say that others dont. The problem with multiplayers is that some people pick up the controls quicker then others and expect others to be able to keep up.

This game was made for the multiplayer. The story and characters can't be compared to other Final Fantasy games because they weren't written to be like that. Playing it single-player kills the experience, because it exposes these flaws. I played with my brother and a friend and we never got into "fights" or anything like that. We had the most fun just running around fighting enemies and yelling the occasional "heal, please!" It's just a little light fun.

Yes! This is what I've been trying to tell everybody this whole time. No one listens to me. Thank you for putting into words I couldn't. Now do you guys see why this is a good game?

Plus having more people play with you makes really tough boss fights, i.e: Raem, a lot less difficult. You won't believe how many memories Raem sucked cuz I fought him alone.

Back