I just beat FFIII! Here is my review.

Scarlet

*wobbles*
Veteran
Gil
There were a few threads that were made recently beating a Final Fantasy game. I've created a thread where you can post about your review on the game.

If you have beaten Final Fantasy III for the first time...Please post your Final Fantasy I reviews here.

If you beat Final Fantasy III already and still want to write a review, then go ahead.^_^

Story: 4/10
The first part of the game relied heavily on mini-plots that had no relevance until the very end of the game. You had to tie them all up at the end. The main plot with Xande/Unei/Doga and Noah was interesting enough, however, it could have been explored a whole lot more. The Cloud of Darkness was actually interesting, despite her goals being rather cliché.

World Setting: 7.5/10
I loved the world. It was so medieval and interesting. The Crystal Tower is one of my all-time favourite places. Its just so purdy!

Sidequests: 4/10
Mognet was executed horribly in this game. The idea was good, but it just phails. And you need it to get the ultimate weapons of each class! Gah. There was no mini-games in this game either. But, what I liked about Mognet was that the NPCs actually write back to you :P It has potential, if you've got a Wi-Fi connection.

Character Development: 3/10
The characters had barely any development. Some of the side characters, like Desch, had more development than the main characters! The game's saving grace is Arc, however. He does have quite a bit of development. The others are rather bland. It's not until the end scene where we see a few of their true personalities. Refia is a rather playful individual ... but up until the end, just a generic character.

Graphics: 9/10
For a handheld, the graphics are very impressive. Yes, I know that the PSP can do better, but for the DS, this is really good. The promotional FMV at the beginning is stunning ... despite it being the only one. The animations were very good too. The 3D renderings of the environments and characters were to die for.

Gameplay: 8/10
The battle system is very simple, but it is difficult to master. It's back to the old-school system which includes magic "charges" and has no MP. This system makes the battles rather intense as you don't always no what is happening, and sometimes you might even run out of magic. The end-game battles became REALLY challenging. The Job system was perfect as there are only 4 playable characters. However, you could get guest members like FFXII, and they would help. The job system really allowed for customisation.

Music: 10/10
The music in this game is flawless. Uematsu is brillant yet again.

Replayability: 7/10
The sheer amount of Job Classes available makes this game very replayable. Also, the secret job class and ultimate weapons, and some side-bosses, make this game worth playing again.

Difficulty: 8/10
At the beginning of the game, dying is a bitch. It doesn't get easier until you learn "Raise", the resurrection spell. In most FFs you can just continually buy Phoenix Downs. In this game, you cannot buy them, they only appear from chests, and there's only about 30-40 of them in the entire game. The battle system makes the game more challenging, especially the last boss. My word, she was hard! O_O The hardest FF boss I've come up against. She had 2 of my tanks down, and my Devout and Ninja were barely hanging on. Thank god for Curaja and Shurikens ...

Average: 7/10

Impresive visuals.

Story: 7.5/10

I really liked how it played out in the end, but it was so slow! I't wasnt as deep as I would have made it, but it was iteresting enough to entertain, and real enough to make alot of money.

World setting: 8/10

Awesome....PERIOD!!!!!!!!

Sidequests: 1/10

There was barely any!!! It angers me.....

Character Development: 3.5/10

As Grand Lethal said, "The characters had barely any development." They spent like 10 hours of gameplay into the side-characters , and 20 minutes of gameplay into the main characters development. :holyshit:
The game would have gotten more sales with a deeper story, and more character development.

Graphics: 10/10

Great grapphics!! Only consoles out rank this!! And on the D.S.!!! Nintendo consoles dont usually have good graphics. This literally took my
breath away.

Gameplay: 9.5/10

This is random but here it is. Its like the "Tastes like chicken" anallogy. Fighting looks simple but its hard. Travelling is easy and gets alot faster as you get new vehicles and find chocobos. I could keep going, but i'll make it short. GAMEPLAY GOOD!!!!!

Uematsu is a god if not he's appointed by god himself.

Replayability: 8/10

Its great to replay because you can costomize your characters. You could just look for caves and villages. Or try and beat it as fast as you can. Its very replayable.

Difficulty: 7/10

Hardest D.S. game ever. I might go as far as to say the hardest FF game. And the cloud of darkness. OMFG!!! SO HARD!!!

Overall: 9/10

Could have been better , but I would recommend this.

my review is going to be short, but here goes :

Graphics: were awesome i couldnt believe the nintendo DS could provide such beautiful graphics!

Storyline: Quite confusing for me at times, but overall nice :)

Difficulty: i'd say the battles in the game could be extremely challenging at times, id even go as far as saying frustrating :P, but battles were fun for me :)

i also thought it was cool that your charactor changed costumes and they were all different from each other, i liked the scholar and monk abilities best :)

I wouls also happily play it again the music was really nice too!

So I beat FF3 tonight on my 3rd try and let me say WHAT A BITCH. I hate the fact that this game makes you go through a 9 straight bosses after the point of no return. (6 if you dont care about the ribbons but c'mon FF staples right there). It was nice though of the added full heal after each one though big imporvement off orginal but also took some strategy away. it pretty much made the Elixers useless to me, expect for some last minute grinding. So yeah Cloud of Darkness PWND me twice before I finally got her ass. And I had to change my jobs too. I wanted the summoner beacuse Bahumat is frickin sweet but that didnt really work out I mean I might go back and try it again because I ll just subsite it for my Magus but really in the original the Sage was bad-ass begin able to use all top level spells including high end summons but no they added the job class early and toned it down. and correct me if I am wrong but it seemed like they toned down the Ninja too. I thought he could use all weapons before now its ony dark swords and knives??? Anyway back to the bitch i mean Cloud of Darkness really simple game plan i went in with the folowwing party:
Luneth Lv 59 Ninja (45)
Ingus Lv 59 Dark Night (67)
Refia Lv 59 Devout (20) (now thinking sage would have been better)
Arc Lv 59 Magus(21) (will try again later as summoner)

Luneth throws those Shurikens EVERY ROUND (I has a 15 and didnt even use them all)
Ingus always attack with 2 of the most powerful sowrds (masmune and Ragnarok)
Refia (haste on Ingus) then Curja every round
Arc used Flare when i didnt need him as a healer

Almost made it through withour any casulaties but Ingus dropped in second to last round. I had the revive spell waiting but Luneth used a Shuriken and thats all she wrote.

Enjoyed the game just as much as the orignal naybe a little more in some places a little less in others (damn making the sage a wuss in summoning magic) Still one of my favorite FF.

Now I just need some friend codes so I can finish the side quest posted my friend code in the corresponding tread so someone help me out :) but until then......

Now its off to FF 4 the DS version.

Hmm, k, just finished it this afternoon. Cloud of Darkness was an absolute bitch. She killed both of my Ninjas, and I didn't have time to resurrect them, so it was just Bahamur/Curaja after Bahamur/Curaja until I ran out of both. :/ Leviath got the job done, though, and those few Shuriken I got off before my Ninjas died certainly helped.

Anyway, let's get on to the review.

Story: 5/10. Like so many other reviewers above me, I find it a bit stupid. For a good half of the game, you're wandering around this floating continent, hunting down crystals, right? But the catch is that you have no inkling as to why you're doing it beyond a few vague mentions of some great darkness or imbalance of universal order etc. It's pretty sketchy. You don't even hear of the existence of the primary antagonist (Xande) until the last quarter, and the real primary antagonist, Cloud of Darkness, just pops out of damned nowhere at the endgame. :/ That said, though, it is a solid story; it just wasn't well executed. It somehow manages to be addictive and keep me playing, probably because it keeps teasing me with little tidbits of information that force me to find out what comes next . . . even when it doesn't come for a few more hours of gameplay.

Graphics: 8/10. What put me off buying this game for the longest time was the screenshots on the back of the box that showed four chibi characters standing around a crystal. Ashamed though I am to admit it, the only FF game I'd played before this was X-2, which, despite its many failings, has normally proportioned humans. But I soon got used to it, and it's even cute. The rest of the graphics, however, were really good from start to finish, except for one thing. It irks me a little that some of the enemies were simply palette-swaps of other enemies and even bosses. I mean, would it kill them to make a few more sprites, seeing as they've already made dozens?

The maps are beautiful, though, especially the sparkly Crystal Tower and the Ancients' Maze with its shifting patterns on the walls.

Character development: 1/10. Character development? What character development? The two-sentence introductions in the manual literally tell me more about each of the four Warriors of Light than the game itself. Hell, Princess Sara has more exposition than the main characters, and probably more lines of dialogue. There's a brief scene where we see Arc getting bullied and Luneth standing up for him, which serves as exposition for those two. There are a few vague mentions of Refia's uneasy relationship with her dad, and that's it. And Ingus . . . who's Ingus, you say? Well, I can't blame you. He barely says a thing, and the most interesting thing about him is that the princess quite clearly has a crush on him.

All of these characters say so little that I have trouble remembering their names.

Battle system: 10/10. Being a diehard Pokemon fan, I am totally into turn-based battles. As such, the lack of ATB or a similar system doesn't bother me in the slightest. I find it great fun to control four totally different characters at once, each with different abilities, strengths, weaknesses and equipment. (except when you have two Ninjas for the endgame like I did) The battle system works and flows wonderfully in my opinion, and it's one of the things that makes this game so addictive.

Job system: 8/10. So much better than those godawful dresspheres from X-2. I love this system so much in comparison, but was the Job Transition phase really necessary? It makes it hard to adjust your team in the endgame to compensate for different bosses, for one thing. Although my Ingus, due to a couple of hours of Job Level-grinding, can switch between Monk and Ninja with little consequence. My next goal for the postgame is to get all four characters to Job level 99 in all the jobs. That's long-term, though. XD

Music: 9/10. <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 'Nuff said.

Well, not really. I found the music wonderful, especially that addictive battle BGM. Cloud of Darkness' boss battle theme was pretty darn epic, too.

Gameplay: 7/10. This game is actually disappointingly linear, which kinda put me out, as I was looking forward to roaming the world freely. There's a bit of that, but you can't really get anywhere unless you go where they want you to. Contrarily, whenever I acquired a new ship/airship, I somehow managed to become completely lost with the vast new area open to me. And the Invincible is seriously cool. I want one. To live in. Forever. HP/MP restore point, magic shop, weapon shop, armour shop, general shop, Fat Chocobo, and a big effing steering wheel, what more could you want? Not to mention it goes over little mountains. Although it was a real pain in the ass to get to that cave. You know, the one behind, like, thirty sets of mountains, the name of which I can't remember. Good training, though.

Overall: 9/10. Despite the many flaws pointed out above, and others, this game has a strange addictiveness that just makes me love it so much. <3

Final Fantasy III is an awesome. It's in my top 5. I call it 1+. Because it's similr to FFI exept A STORY, and the first game with characters with somewhat a personality. the story add on and characters made this a game I shall play over and over agian. And the game had the Perfect dificulty. Not to hard, not to easy. I'm probably giving this extra points because it was my first FF game. But I give this a 9/10

i just beat the game yesterday night , the final boss took me 50 minute to beat him , it was a hard battle indeed .

before my review i will post my party and my game play record :

party members :
luneth [ninja jb lv = 50] level = 55
refia [black belt lv = 46] level =55
arc [sage lv= 45] level = 55
ingus [dragoon lv =70] level = 55

Game play time : between 56 - 63 hour

As for my review :

game system = 8\10
music= 8\10
charachters = 8\10
story= 7\10
jobs and spells and tequniques = 9\10

Last edited:
Story: 8/10

It was so darn exellent especially at the end with the cloud of darkness and golbez.
But it got annoying when you was on the floating continent and you don't have those good jobs to unfreeze time when you face against the boss who beat down that preistess.

Game play: 7/10

It was like anyother final fantasy gameplay with the spells and summon etc.
Only let down is that now time limit and haste or slow wern't as effective.

I liked everything. It was all too good. Especially this is the last battle. It got me so in the mood to destroy.

Word map wondering: 7/10 It was good and more good with the airships. Only bit that is a turn down is that when you reach the iron giant you will get badly downed.

Jobs: 10/10

Loved every job. It was so fun. I liked the Dragoon, Dark knight, Magus, sage and onion knight.

The characters main jobs are:

Dragoon
Dark knight
Magus
Sage

FFIII was absolutely great.

Ok well I usually read other peoples reviews to get a grasp at what others rate it with, but this time I'm just going to state what I thought about the game.

First of all... The job system was GREAT! Even though when it was re-introduced in V and in that game you could have sub jobs... III was better. I'm sure many will disagree with this but III had a better level up system and it allowed you to explore past the basics of the game. In three I didn't mind my set up and it didn't require me to stay on a job to 1. use it at full capacity and 2. To learn a ability to make another class better. I had a lot of fun with it and liked how everything was how it would seem. So I give a 10/10 on the job system.

Another thing about the game that I liked was the world map. Many, many people will say that the series ended in its tribute to the series title: Final Fantasy IX. I agree with it. The thing that I would like to point out is that while you start off on a continent you soon find yourself in a little speck of safety in the world. It was awesome how such a 'Mortal' being with very little dialog was able to out shown some of the later main enemies. I think that the whole would is not revealed and that's one of the things that sadden me about the game. In the real world there is pretty much 4 places to go to travel. So while I loved the fact that the world is mysterious I still think that it could have been better done. So I give it a 5/10.

Now for the character development. It would have been nice if the kids felt right being around each other more then their "guest" characters. Being born to fight the darkness and become the great title of Light Warriors and Crystal Barers I think they could have felt more towards each other as in a family type of sense. The main characters are kind of given to you and then you are left with other NPC's fueling the game. However I have no problem with that as many titles I play I focus on other things after a while other then character development. The whole revelations of them being connected as children just seemed kind of gray. Its not a big thing, but it never really lasted long enough to be something too important which it could have been. So the warriors of light are worthy to be powerful but they are out shined by later titles by far. So I give the character development a 5/10 too cause after they have their guest star their story ends. They are then just talked to like a crowd.

Back