Build-A-Member
Accessory (Head)
FFXIV
Polyphemos Bromios
FFXIV Server
Moogle
Free Company
KupoCon
The saving system for this game is so frustrating.

Not only does it seem to want to upload my data online every time I save the game, but the game only allows one save file. THE save file. The one it automatically loads because it doesn't give you the option to save or load another one.

It concerns me because I've held off from getting the final ending of the game in case it'll be difficult to go back and collect all the mirages and level everything up. In a normal game I'd probably create a separate / duplicate save file for in case I get myself into a sticky situation and need to go to an earlier point in the game in order to do a particular thing.

This game gives you no option here.

Does this annoy anybody else?

Yes! I have held off from finishing the game because of this. Usually when I first play through a game I like to go through the story and see how it ends and do more complete playthrough later on (usually from the earlier save point).

Here, I got a bit stuck on the last Quest in the Tearoom and I don’t want to go face the final boss without having done this. So I want to finish the game but am worried I won't get the chance to do things afterwards (It's a cute game and all, but I don’t really want to have to start from the beginning for this one).

Don't know why they chose to do it this way . . .

Back