Haha, Elfheim.

FF7Destiny

ShinRa Guard
Gil
This is probably old news, but I had my characters in the town of Elfheim. Near the White Magic Shop there are two gravestones, on the furthest left gravestone it will say "Here lies Link." The Elves look almost like Link because of the clothing, hence also Hyrulians are kind of like Elves. xD

I know - it is an amusing little in-game joke by Square. I guess when they made/remade FFI, they considered the Zelda games to be serious competition or something.

Sadly it is old news. But I understand that not everyone has discovered it yet. :)

Yeah, they could of done. Yeah, I've only just started playing Final Fantasy properly. The rest I have.

In the original NES version, that grave read: "Here lies Edrick" (sp?) a reference to the Dragon Warrior game authored by then rival Enix. Now that Square and Enix have since merged, it makes sense that they would change the tombstone in subsequent re-releases.

I laughed at the "Here lies Link." tombstone. I just found it quite humorous.

But, one question? Which Link could it POSSIBLY represent? If anything, I'd say the NES Link (the original and Zelda II), since the joke is in a remake of FF1.

Hahaha I never examined the tombstones, I'ma have to check this epic news out :hmmm: Zelda and SE were enemies? Can't business work in peace? (joke) Seriously though that is funny.

I first finished Final Fantasy I on the Game Boy Advance Dawn of Souls version, the best in my opinion, and I looked at that grave several times trying to piece together why that would be there.

I went through the game twice without knowing it. Then my sister asked to play my gba version. Being the curious person she is, she examined basically everything in the game and showed me the "Here lies Link" grave :P

I remember hearing from somewhere, don't remember the source, that in the Japanese version, it was always Link. Just in the first US translation on the NES, they changed it to Erdrick for the Dragon Warrior reference. I think Nintendo of America didn't approve of Link's burial in the game for some reason. :P

Back