Final Fantasy VIII - Chillout Sessions (Let's Play - PC)

Vivi-Gamer

Veteran
Gil
Vivi
Been wanting to just have a relaxing playthrough with Final Fantasy VIII, I'll probably be playing a lot this week and then schedule weekly. Trying out with PC & Mods to see how it goes. Feel free to say hi :)

Last edited:
It's always great to replay / watch a replay of FFVIII.
I haven't played it myself in so, so long.

Which mods are you using? Textures and settings to suit the PlayStation controller for PC?

Yeah I got a handful of Mods on:
SeeD Reborn by MCINDUS
HorizonPack by MCINDUS
Project Eden by Omzy
BattleField Pack 1/3 Upscaled by MCINDUS, 2/3 Waifu2x'd by FatedCourage
Tripod by MCINDUS
Rebirth Flame by FatedCourage, Magochocobo, Devina, Mortael, Yagami Light, Crestian
Apocalypse by FatedCourage
Lunar Cry by MCINDUS
Roses & Wine Soundtrack Mod

I had issues trying the controller icon MOD, the X and CIRCLE button were the wrong way around... :P So I've left it, I know this may make Limit Breaks and sections like the Train a bother but I'll get over it.

I also tried out the FMV upscaler one... can't notice a difference to be honest :P But they still look decent anyways.

The good news is It seems to run fine on my old PC, I bought this one as a refurbished office model for like £100, if it can play FF8 & Shenmue I'm good :P

I'll probably be playing A LOT this week, as I have time off and am hoping to put a lot of work into an FF8 Sequel project I've had in mind for a while now. I'll post here and about when I'll start playing again, I'm sure I will be by 7pm UK time tonight.

Continuing my Final Fantasy VIII Playthrough, had fun exploring and hope to get further tonight! Feel free to say Hi :)

Yeah I got a handful of Mods on:
SeeD Reborn by MCINDUS
HorizonPack by MCINDUS
Project Eden by Omzy
BattleField Pack 1/3 Upscaled by MCINDUS, 2/3 Waifu2x'd by FatedCourage
Tripod by MCINDUS
Rebirth Flame by FatedCourage, Magochocobo, Devina, Mortael, Yagami Light, Crestian
Apocalypse by FatedCourage
Lunar Cry by MCINDUS
Roses & Wine Soundtrack Mod

I had issues trying the controller icon MOD, the X and CIRCLE button were the wrong way around... :P So I've left it, I know this may make Limit Breaks and sections like the Train a bother but I'll get over it.

I also tried out the FMV upscaler one... can't notice a difference to be honest :P But they still look decent anyways.

The good news is It seems to run fine on my old PC, I bought this one as a refurbished office model for like £100, if it can play FF8 & Shenmue I'm good :P

I'll probably be playing A LOT this week, as I have time off and am hoping to put a lot of work into an FF8 Sequel project I've had in mind for a while now. I'll post here and about when I'll start playing again, I'm sure I will be by 7pm UK time tonight.

Ah, cool. :argor:
I thought I could notice some texture mods. Particularly on the world map and during battles. It looks nice.

I've hardly any experience with PC gaming or mods, but I wonder sometimes if some mods like this (designed by separate people for separate, very particular purposes) might overlap and mess things up, crash or cause errors. These ones don't seem to be causing many issues though. I guess it must be trial and error sometimes to see which can work together.

I noticed a couple of Errors like when on the Bridge in Dollet the Streetlights are missing poles - but nothing major :)

Now about to return to the Garden to dance :P Feel free to say Hi :)

Playing a little earlier today because of the PS5 event, so gather aboard as we depart for Timber CHOO CHOO!

Hopping back on with my letsplay of FinalFantasyVIII Going to explore Dollet & Galbadia - Feel free to say Hi :)

Video Editing - Part 07
Starting Disc 2 of my letsplay with FinalFantasyVIII Chilling and Winhill & Maybe slung in the Desert Prison - Free to say Hi :)

Last edited:
Back