Fan Fiction Final Fantasy VIII - Black Swan (Seifer/Quistis)

h34rt1lly

Ex-Soldier
Gil
Sorceress Edea
Rinoa Heartilly
Squall Leonhart
Hey guys! Just wanted to make a thread about my main FFVIII WIP. Here's a bit of background information:

Setting:

Three years post-game. Non-AU, the world I write in is the same as in the game.

Plot:

Here's a summary of the plot. Best way to avoid spoiling my plans for the story:

Three years after the second Sorceress War, everyone has settled into their lives, except Quistis. Bitter and green with envy, she realizes she has more regrets than she can count. Unexpectedly, a figure from the past sparks emotions within her that she doesn't quite understand. Sometimes, you fall in love with the one you'd least expect. Seiftis. M for language and sexual themes.

Characters:

The whole gang is included, even Laguna. However, I write in third-person limited and the POV follows Quistis.

Rating:

To be safe, I've rated the story as mature for strong language because...well, Seifer. I do write mature content such as lemons/smut, but for this story in particular, there will be little of that. I can safely say only one to two chapters will contain such content and I will warn readers in advance in my author's note, if that's something you'd prefer not to read.

Genre:

Black Swan is very angsty. It follows Quistis' emotional responses/changes after the events of the game and as of chapter one, she's feeling pretty down. Over the course of subsequent chapters, it ends up being a roller coaster. She has her moments of up as well as her down moments. By the end of the story though, she'll be up :) Happy ending, I swear!

Notes:

This story is currently on-going. I'm seven chapters in and I plan on it being about 20. I would highly recommend you start from the first chapter, which is linked in my first response to this thread. Following chapter updates will be in separate comments.

--

This thread will only be for me to post my chapter updates. If you'd like to discuss the story at all, feel free to PM me. If there are enough messages, I'll probably end up making a discussion thread. For the moment though, I'd hate to make a thread and have no one comment so it ends up floating in the ether of the forum :P Hope you guys like it! Also, you're more than welcome to leave a review or comment on the respective websites as well, as an alternative form of feedback. I always respond :)

Most recent update was chapter seven! I posted it oh, sometime in the last week and a half. However, I would recommend that you start with chapter one. I've provided links to both websites so you can choose whichever you prefer:

Fanfiction.net. Archive of Our Own.

Feel free to leave feedback on either site or PM me on here! Would love to know what you guys think :) I'll post again when I update subsequent chapters.

Tada! Chapter nine, 'Convolution' is up!

Most of the time, chapters for my stories take me anywhere between one day to three days to write in their entirety. Give or take another day or two for my own revisions along with beta revisions and then I post it immediately after we're done going over things. I started working on this chapter ​before I posted eight and it just barely finished being revised today. It's the first time I've tried my hand at writing any kind of mystery or intrigue in my plots so I'm rather proud of how the end result looks. So excited to hear my readers' thoughts!

Oh gosh, I need to catch up! I'll have some time today though, maybe knock off a couple chapters. Keep this up, Lily. You have such enormous talent for this.

Take your time!!! Worry not, the story will still continue on even if you don't catch up today :P I've been posting slower than I usually do too, so you're safe ;)

Wow, what a compliment!! *blush* Thank you for that, Mitsuki :3 I definitely enjoy this (somewhat) newfound hobby very much! It's always humbling and flattering to hear that people enjoy the things you create.

Do you have any further entries coming soon, by chance? I've enjoyed what's been posted so far. ^_^

Keep them up.

I am working on chapter eleven as we speak ;) Provided my betas aren't occupied at the moment, and provided I don't need to revise too much, I'm hoping it'll be posted sometime tomorrow!

I'm happy you're liking it so far! I appreciate you taking the time to read it at all :)

That was a good one.

Haha. Deep down, I'm pretty sure Zell and Seifer are bros. It was funny to read their interactions, though. Still flows from the game. :lew:

Hooray! I'm glad you liked it! You haven't left any reviews on the site, have you? Notifications were super weird yesterday and though it appears to have been fixed, I wanna make sure I haven't missed anything. Rowe

Back