Final Fantasy VII Remake News [Update]

Interesting information about Fort Condor revealed yesterday. It appears to be a board game based on the actual conflict at Fort Condor, but from the perspective of Shinra.

So having Yuffie, etc, playing a board game which is essentially Shinra propaganda could be really interesting.

Also... I called it that Scarlet's machine wouldn't be the actual Proud Clod. Too small and too early. It is now officially known as the 'Crimson Mare' and Scarlet is the perfect jockey for it. She is clearly a Terra Branford fangirl. It'll no doubt be a Proud Clod prototype like Pride and Joy in the first part of the Remake.

E1rXuCMVcAI5D3I

Oh, and here's Nero too. He's always been this way, but the HQ image really hammers home how creepy his design is. No wonder he was never invited to Shinra staff parties.

E1rMo7bVEAMXclY

Interesting developer comments here from Toriyama and Hamaguchi, particularly concerning to increased role of Wutai and how they don't want to ruin our cherished memories of the OG. A number of developers have said stuff like that now. Makes me wonder what they have planned for part 2 but it seems like a sizeable part of the game will remain somewhat faithful to the OG, but with extra elements.

There are A LOT of new details about FFVII Remake that are emerging in the new Ultimania Plus and also the new novel Trace of Two Pasts. I'll have to go through it all properly over the coming week when I get more time, but this article summarises some of it.

Looks like the English version of Traces of Two Pasts is coming sooner than anyone expected! November 2022 is the date we've been given, which means that we should be able to read it legitimately (and without relying on translators with any potential biases) by the end of the year.

The English version of the Remake Material Ultimania Plus shall also be releasing in December... I just wish they'd either waited or combined the Material Ultimania with Material Ultimania Plus so that we didn't have to double-purchase this, but I believe there are significant differences in addition to new content within.

Reactions: Six
Back