Final Fantasy VI - World's Requiem (A Tribute Album, Out Now!)

Hashel05

Spoony Bard
Gil
Hey guys, I have the pleasure to present our brand new project:
Final Fantasy VI – World’s Requiem.
This is a Tribute Album to FFVI Music, featuring all the songs from the Original Soundtracks, rearranged and interpreted by 71 musicians from the Pixel Mixers Community!
58 songs, for 3h 25min of free music!

This album features 3 “discs” called “Esper“, “Super Sanity” and “World’s Requiem“.
We decided to share the songs in a way to create some “narrative arcs” between the songs, so the order is different from the OST.

Here is the trailer if you are curious:
And our article: https://pixel-mixers.com/2018/05/02/final-fantasy-vi-worlds-requiem-tribute-album/

hope you will like it =)

@Hashel05 Woooow. The intro was perfect :D First say 35 seconds were my favourite. Never played FFVI myself so I'm not too familiar with all of its music but it sounds amazing in this trailer!

Great job, keep it up.

I downloaded it and finally finished listening to it. It took a long time as it is such a big album!

I think it is an incredible achievement. I can't begin to imagine what it has been like preparing this and organising with so many musicians to participate. The album contains a great range of musical styles.

I really like the ordering of the albums too. You get a sense of the story being told.

Well done. :argor:

Oh man that's a nice comment here, thank you!
A producer i didn't want to really follow the OST track order but having some story telling instead, like having songs like Shadow, Relm, Magic House, Strago, Another World of Bests, Save Them! & Terra following each others to "tell a story", same for Cyan with The Unforgiven, Phamtom Train & Forest etc ^^
The guys did great job on their songs too =)

do you have any favourites? =)

@Hashel05 Not to sound cliché, but I do like them all!

Some particular tracks which stand out more to me are:
  • Devil’s Lab (very steampunk and rocky, and absolutely fitting for the Magitek Lab being represented)
  • Empire Gestahl (I love the it includes chanting for Gestahl near the end)
  • The Day After (a dark and rocky piece. I always found this track eerie and mysterious and makes me contemplate the situation of the world, and this version really brings that out)
  • Opera scene (obviously a huge achievement as well. I love the inclusion of the Ultros music segment within it too)
  • The Airship Blackjack (perfect, relaxing lounge atmosphere for Setzer's gambling ship)
I really like the original vocal tracks like the Kefka theme and Relm's theme too.

That seems like more than few favourites but considering that this is a three-disc album, I think it justifies it!

Hey thanks a lot for those feedback :D
Glad you enjoyed my "the Day After" version (still have to make a video for it) ^^
Devil's Lab, Empire Gestahl and Kefka were made by the same dude, that's also him who did the 3 artworks, he's so good :eek:

And here is a video i made of my cover of "The Day After" from FFVI, with the friendly participation of Mark Autumn!
This song is from "World's Requiem" a free FFVI Tribute Album by @Pixel_Mixers!
Hope you'll like it =)

Hey :D

Just to let you guys know that we are making a Final Fantasy IX album, and that if there are any good musicians in here, you'd all be welcome to join :D
Just let me know and i'll send you all the information =)

Just wanted to say (and to bump your thread!) that I'm really looking forward to the FFIX album! It's yet another really strong soundtrack, and you did such a great job arranging the FFVI album.

I hope you manage to find all the musicians you are looking for to fill all the spots.

Please keep us updated!

Thanks man, and speaking of the FFIX album...
FF_IX_final.jpg

and here is a small 1st teaser:

The FFIX album is sounding really promising!

Again, a lot of variety in the musical styles and that's something I really appreciate about these compilations.

Do you have a planned release date? Or is it to be confirmed / secret?

We want to release it before the end of May, but some ppl are late for delivering their songs, so maybe in early June instead :D

Back